Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Lowering Expectations

Re: Dumbo To Fly With Tinker Bell In "Magical" Fireworks

Are you okay, Mr. Wiggins?
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Sheesh, have you no faith in TDA Entertainment? Dumbo is only the beginning of a new Super Sky Spectacular! Soon they'll have Peter Pan flying around with Tinker Bell, too! And Wendy and Peter and John! And the crows from Dumbo and the 3 Good Fairies from Sleeping Beauty and those cute li'l flying horses from Fantasia! Strap a JATO unit on Stitch's butt and send him up there, too! It ain't magic without more, more, MORE!!! BWAAAHAHAHAAH!

*choke, wheeze!*

...*thud*

he he he he he

flower gleam & glow...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Are you okay, Mr. Wiggins?
    Dear 2DieFR,

Mr. Wiggins will return to the forum after the doctors repair his skull, which unfortunately 'sploded when he heard that Dumbo will be flying with Tinker Bell.

-- Mrs. Wiggins
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Pilot EdForceOne

dumbo's ears will flap. they're going to use midgets inside dumbo
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Dumbo flying. I think, it would be a neat trick, if they could do it.

• Yo!

If you want to talk "loose story" then we'll talk Wishes, but as far as Remember goes its "story" is all over the place.

Brief synopsis of Remember's "story" for those who may not agree with me:

WISHES! -> Julie Andrews -> WISHES! -> Disney Characters Wishing -> Julie Andrews -> Your Friend, Walt Disney -> Main St. -> Adventureland -> New Orleans Square -> WISHES! -> Frontierland -> Fantasyland/Toontown -> Tomorrowland -> Julie Andrews -> WISHES!

A big part of any firework show's "story" is its music, and the only time I ever hear "Remember...Dreams Come True" are the two times Julie Andrews mentions it at the very beginning and very end. The bulk of the show is a very coherent middle act entitled "E-Tickets in the Sky." The opening and closing acts, however, are disjointed and completely out of tune with the rest of the show.

When I see a firework show entitled "Remember...Dreams Come True" I expect that to be at least somewhat reflected in the music, even if loosely. Heck, Believe (both versions), Wishes, and even Imagine did this to some extent. For some reason, though, the beginning and ending acts are all about "Wishing," for which they utilized the exact musical theme taken from "Wishes" (that in itself should explain a lot). They even felt it was necessary to include the theme randomly in the middle of the "E-Tickets" segment!

Granted, this theory doesn't apply to all firework shows, but most of the schmaltzy, tug-at-your-heartstrings ones that Disney does usually have soundtracks that are somewhat tied into the show's title.

The biggest problem with Remember is that, at least musically, it feels like a dozen individual shows instead of one big, grand production, when really it should've been more integrated from the beginning.

**Please note that the above post is not "Remember bashing" nor does it constitute as such under the previous definition of "Remember bashing" set-forth by the Discussion Board Bashing Coalition. The views of the above poster are critical even despite the poster's previously aforementioned love for the show.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Animation Domination

What about the Magic Carpet from Aladdin flying over the castle with the Genie on the carpet? I think this idea will too much and over kill the show.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Not a Minion

Still a rumor. As a disneyfan, i have trust in disney in creating something spectacular.

Will it be better than remember? I have no idea...

Will it be spectacular and entertaining? yes.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Just a note to the poster who said tinks wings don't flap.. if you look closely.. they actually do!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Lost in Wonderland

Who cares about Dumbo... how about the 5 fairies--Tink, Rosetta, Silvermist, Fawn, and Iridessa? The show could have a storyline about the changing seasons and be called "It's Seasonal!"

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I couldn't help but laugh when reading this thread's title.

What will Disney think of next??

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    Who cares about Dumbo... how about the 5 fairies--Tink, Rosetta, Silvermist, Fawn, and Iridessa? The show could have a storyline about the changing seasons and be called "It's Seasonal!"
    That's actually a pretty neat idea. Not sure about the Tinkerbell Gang, but still would work pretty well I think.

• Minion

ORWEN: It looks like the Disney folks are finally starting to listen to me. I mean, it was like 5 years ago I said they should start letting ALL the Disney characters who fly join Tinkerbell up there so you could have some REAL fantasies in the sky!! I think they should add Eglantine Price on her bed from Bedknobs & Broomsticks, too! But don't stop there! Let's see Jasmine and Aladdin flying on their magic carpet--plus the flying gump from Return to Oz with little Dorothy Gale, Jack Pumpkinhead and Tic Tok! Then, of course, they'd have to have Elliot the Dragon, since he can fly, too. And let's not forget Flora, Fauna and Merryweather! The flying possibilities are endless!!!

• The one, the only...

I know that only a few people will remember this... But during the late 1960's Mary Popins flew down after Tinker Bell. As a child, I thought it was fun. But Tink never was there at the same time as Mary. The scale would have been really off. (Tink being so small compared to people.)

I don't believe that adding Dumbo is really a great idea. I love seeing Tinker Bell, but there can be over kill. I like seeing a person do it rather than a machine. It just seems more believable.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

I agree. It depends on the show that is put together, but I don't think Dumbo should fly during the fireworks. He is a good character, but Tinkerbell flying was always part of Disneyland. That is how the Disneyland show opened with her flying around the castle, and that to me just fits better than Dumbo flying around. There is just somthing magical about Tinkerbell flying during the fireworks. I can't explain it, but I think it should just be her that flies.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    How is a Tinker Bell that doesn't even flap her wings anymore believable than a Dumbo that doesn't flap his ears?
    She does flap her wings. It's hard to see, but she does flap them.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast