View Poll Results: What should happen to the Maliboomer?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it as a the same type of ride but re-theme it.

55 27.50%
  • Re-theme it to a completely different ride.

25 12.50%
  • Remove it all together.

120 60.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Smile Mailboomer's Fate

I'm just wondering what everybody thinks they should do with the Maliboomer.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Minion

Re: Mailboomer's Fate

• =)

It should be forced to push an eight-spoked wooden wheel in an icy chamber with hieroglyphs on the walls. And then it should be careful to mind The Rules!

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about...it should leave and never come back.

I agree. The maliboomer should be completely removed. It is a fun ride, but is is too common and that type of ride can be found in many other theme parks.
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Banned User

Meh...tear it down, bring in the parachute drop. But if they are stuck with it, they might as well retheme it. Green Army Men is not an option....I think Pete's Dragon would be a nice new layover...Maybe put up a lighthouse facade around the base of the towers, repaint it green and pink, and there you have it, a nice new attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Meh...tear it down, bring in the parachute drop. But if they are stuck with it, they might as well retheme it. Green Army Men is not an option....I think Pete's Dragon would be a nice new layover...Maybe put up a lighthouse facade around the base of the towers, repaint it green and pink, and there you have it, a nice new attraction.
    Actually, that is a really good idea, in my opinion. I completely forgot about the parachute ride concept. I would like that because, unlike the Maliboomer, parachute rides are really rare now.

How I miss the one they had at Knotts. Great times.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

^You mean Supreme Scream? That's still there, but it works the reverse of Maliboomer ... Supreme Scream raises you up slowly and then drops you fast. The only other ride that shot you up fast, and is removed, was the up-charge Sling Shot attraction, which worked via bungee cords and three towers ... completely different mechanism/sling shot. It sat in the former location of Haunted Shack.

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by WJNM View Post
    ^You mean Supreme Scream? That's still there, but it works the reverse of Maliboomer ... Supreme Scream raises you up slowly and then drops you fast. The only other ride that shot you up fast, and is removed, was the up-charge Sling Shot attraction, which worked via bungee cords and three towers ... completely different mechanism/sling shot. It sat in the former location of Haunted Shack.
    Renovatio430 wasn't talking about Supreme Scream. At one time there was a parachute ride that was around the observation tower. They took it out some years ago. I miss that ride also. Here is a picture of it. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3jV5FcVqpE...chute+drop.jpg

As far as the Maliboomer..... I don't see a future for it in PP.

• Infinitized!

Send it to the Stratosphere in Vegas for spare parts.

• Banned User

I've never had any desire to get on this thing. It's like a carnival ride to me.

It's such an eyesore. But I don't care what they do with it. *shrug*

• Trouble a'Bruin

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It should be forced to push an eight-spoked wooden wheel in an icy chamber with hieroglyphs on the walls. And then it should be careful to mind The Rules!

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about...it should leave and never come back.
    gotta love lost. epic show that disney has failed to fully capitalize. lost rollocoaster? anyone? anyone?

but bk on thread, we might be stuck with that thing for a while. when they built it the built it first and screaming around it. to get it out they need to bring in a crane and lift it out in chunks. not something the folks down at disney are really looking forward to
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

I guess I am an odd one. I love the ride. I know it's not a unique ride but I don't go to any other amusement parks so this is where I get my thrill. Although parachutes would be cool too (I was so sad when Knott's got rid of theirs)

• Sock Puppet

The lines seem to be steady for it.

It's already there and the space (footprint) isn't really big enough for much else.

Might as well leave it.

We ride it every now and then. It's not an "E-Ticket" by any means though.

We miss the parachute at Knott's too, but more from nostalgia than thrills from it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast