Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Running on the Peoplemover track

So I have a very random question. I'm not saying I am going to do this, but what would happen if you jumped up on the Peoplemover track? Would you be able to run the whole length of the track, or would it be blocked off somewhere? And I don't mean from security, but are there walls and storage blocking the sections that go through buildings? I know that's really random and weird, but I was just curious what state the track is currently in. Thanks!!

• =)

Re: Running on the Peoplemover track

That's a really interesting question. Thank you for the disclaimer that you're not advocating actually doing this. Perhaps a current CM could fill us in...

• Banned User

I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to walk the entire track, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were still lights and such from Rocket Rods still up there in the show buildings.

• Banned User

Possibly not, I've seen some pretty crazy overgrowth.

It'd be interesting I suppose.

I'm glad you're not planning to do this.

• Banned User

Well, you could look on google earth, and see for yourself, but I think you can walk at least the entrance and exit segment along the main entrance to TL..

• =)

The outdoor parts of the track look like they're probably fine, based on the aerials, but it's impossible to see the indoor segments, which were what I (perhaps incorrectly) assumed we were talking about.

I know that the open sections you can walk on, I meant the sections that were in the buildings and cannot been seen on Google Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The outdoor parts of the track look like they're probably fine, based on the aerials, but it's impossible to see the indoor segments, which were what I (perhaps incorrectly) assumed we were talking about.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was asking about

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I think it's all there and has open access - they haven't made any major building modifications since Rocket Rods were closed that would alter it...

They reworked the RR track back to the original path around the perimeter of the (Carousel Theatre) Innoventions building instead of the straight-across-the-2nd-Floor "Super Speed Tunnels" and I see no reason why that isn't still back there and intact. Worst case, they might have put up a couple of partition walls and made an "Emergency Exit" from the second floor East side of Innoventions that cuts across.

They might have put up a door and/or wall where the RR tracks left the Innoventions building and went past the old Tommorowland Skyway Station (it was the Rocket Rods maintenance bay) to the Sub Lagoon sections of track.

The Skyway Station area is an open indoor space for storage or training, last I heard.

There has been no reason to mess with the tracks where they go through the Star Tours building, or the Space Mountain building, or the CircleVision/Buzz Lightyear building, so they should all be intact.

And I'll bet that the old intrusion alarms from Peoplemover and Rocket Rods have been rewired back to DL Security, so even if you get up there you won't be alone for long.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Well I'm sure it would be good exercise, barriers and all.

oh wow i didn't know that they ran the rocket rods straight across the second floor!...thanx for the info :-)

• Senior Monorail Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    I think it's all there and has open access - they haven't made any major building modifications since Rocket Rods were closed that would alter it...

They reworked the RR track back to the original path around the perimeter of the (Carousel Theatre) Innoventions building instead of the straight-across-the-2nd-Floor "Super Speed Tunnels" and I see no reason why that isn't still back there and intact. Worst case, they might have put up a couple of partition walls and made an "Emergency Exit" from the second floor East side of Innoventions that cuts across.

They might have put up a door and/or wall where the RR tracks left the Innoventions building and went past the old Tommorowland Skyway Station (it was the Rocket Rods maintenance bay) to the Sub Lagoon sections of track.

The Skyway Station area is an open indoor space for storage or training, last I heard.

There has been no reason to mess with the tracks where they go through the Star Tours building, or the Space Mountain building, or the CircleVision/Buzz Lightyear building, so they should all be intact.

And I'll bet that the old intrusion alarms from Peoplemover and Rocket Rods have been rewired back to DL Security, so even if you get up there you won't be alone for long.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Nice little disclaimer at the end. Let's see. here could you jump on to the track...

Well, if you care to jump across a monorail beam you could make it on there. Maybe around Autopia, but I'm pretty sure that's all fenced in. The two tunnells in the frot would be easy assuming no one saw, but I think half the problem would be getting up there. Unless of course, you bust a door up to the load platform.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Lets go - a micechat meet on the tracks - we could walk as one large group in protest for the return of some type of attraction

Just kidding.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    oh wow i didn't know that they ran the rocket rods straight across the second floor!...thanx for the info :-)
    No, they ran the Peoplemover (mostly) straight across the second floor for the "Super Speed Tunnel" after "Carousel of Progress" was closed and the EPCOT Diorama removed.

Almost straight because there was a 90-degree left turn at the entrance and a small S-bend at the exit, with lots of baffle curtains as a light trap to keep it darker inside. They put up two big domed movie screens (think IMAX) over the Peoplemover tracks, and projected images of speeding cars and motorcycles on the domed screens to make it *look* like you were going a zillion miles an hour.

The original track alignment of Peoplemover went in a semi-circle around the east perimeter of the building, and you looked in at the EPCOT Diorama over the shoulders of the people in the exit gallery.

Carousel closed and they now had vacant space. The "Super Speed Tunnel" was built to 'Plus' the Peoplemover.

When they built Innoventions and started using the second floor as an exhibit hall, they took out the "Super Speed Tunnel" Shortcut. When they built Rocket Rods they put the new tracks on the old perimeter track path around the 2nd floor again. Same old viewing windows now looked in on the exhibits.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast