Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question All time favorite thing about DL

So I cant think of ONE thing I don't like in particular about Disneyland..Before you go, what is the one thing you think about the park that gets you really excited? What's your one favorite thing about the park (past or present)?

I'm going in a week and a half and everytime I talk about it I have to look at the attractions on youtube =]

Re: All time favorite thing about DL

It probably sounds whimsical and escapist, but I look forward most to being totally enveloped. The music and sounds, the weather (pasty Washingtonian here), the smells of candy and churros, the colors...

My favorite thing about Disneyland is that it totally removes me from everything else. When I'm at Disneyland, I am the carefree me from yester year.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBoots View Post
    It probably sounds whimsical and escapist, but I look forward most to being totally enveloped. The music and sounds, the weather (pasty Washingtonian here), the smells of candy and churros, the colors...

My favorite thing about Disneyland is that it totally removes me from everything else. When I'm at Disneyland, I am the carefree me from yester year.

Being totally surrounded by the sites and smells, everything that makes the experience so fun and unique are what makes a visit, even on the most crowded days, pleasurable and fun.

On our last trip in March, some of the afternoons were jam-packed, so we would just grab a favorite drink or snack and sit and people watch.

As far as a favorite ride, its PoTC for me. I'm a huge Pirates fan and can go on that ride again and again, until I've had my fill.

New Orleans Square is my favorite land. Rivers of America, the architecture, landscaping, shopping, and restaurants is where I spend a LOT of time.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Sock Puppet

Yeah, it's not the rides, it's not the food , heck, it's not even Club 33!

It's the anticipation and excitement that we experience upon our arrival through either of the tunnels that makes it all worth while!

• Sgt. Mgr. Melfunction (:

The way it brings me closer with the people i'm with.
    Something about The Land just makes things better.

Visiting DLR, Disneyland and DCA is not about the rides.. it's about the ambiance. It's my "Happy Place" and I can forget all my day to day worries there. I also have the San Juan Islands and Hawaii in the same light, but Disneyland is my childhood.

It's where you can be a kid again!
    ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

• Park Lover

That it truly was Walt's Park. You can feel his presence there everywhere you go and it just feels special and magical to know at any given time, you are standing somewhere Walt stood.

Yah, it's basically the atmosphere of the place, it really takes you away to a magical wonderland. My favourite thing about Disneyland is walking down Main Street U.S.A for the first time every trip, and just soak up everything that's going on.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Atmosphere, totally...mostly it's just relaxing for me to see the place even, without any rides, or wander around. But nothing can beat things like riding the railroad at night, or the Mark Twain during the night as well, or standing in the portrait hall of the Haunted Mansion....just the whole combination of atmosphere, location, visual sights, sounds.....tough one to answer.

• Laughing Last..

Cool Re: All time favorite thing about DL

My sentiments exactly. You forget work, broken cars, etc..
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• All-American

Five words:

"Deeeeaaaaad mennnnnnnnn teeeeell noooooo taaaales"

• Greetings, Program!

It's hard to put my finger on what it is about the place that keeps drawing me back, but I'd have to say this post here captures things quite nicely.....('cept for the weather thing. I love D-Land even on a cloudy day)

"The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Banned User

Talking Re: All time favorite thing about DL

I am just as excited as I type since I will be going back to the Resort for the first time in almost three years. I think the ambiance of being there with the music and believe me, I never tire of listening to CDs or vinyl records from the Parks. Since I live near the 5 Freeway in Pacoima, it's easy to ease on down the road to the resort and exit off the Disneyland Dr. Also, I do miss the days of trying to spot the Matterhorn on the 5 Freeway and exiting off of Harbor Blvd seeing the classic marquee on the street. With the way things are going nowadays, there is no other place I wouldn't be at than Disneyland.

• Banned User

the knowing that I am going to have fun while there is my all time favorite thing about Disneyland

and the other good stuff mentioned that its Walts park, the park that he poured out his heart and soul to make; and that you can forget(well at least while you are there) whats going on outside the park(s) and just relax have fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    So I cant think of ONE thing I don't like in particular about Disneyland..Before you go, what is the one thing you think about the park that gets you really excited? What's your one favorite thing about the park (past or present)?

I'm going in a week and a half and everytime I talk about it I have to look at the attractions on youtube =]
    Not being at home
    Janette

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast