Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

The FTW [Fairy Tale Wedding] was beautiful!!!

Wow I cannot believe its been a week since we left for my daughters wedding at the DL resort. It was wonderful, beautiful , and full of magic and love.
    Friday we arrived in time to give my grandson his first birthday presents, head to the resort to check in, and get to be babysitters for the evening while the bride and groom had their bachelor/bachlorette parties. The glich was that in all the hustle bustle they forgot to give us the stroller! So ok I am still determined to see the 50th fireworks we board the monarail, take the train from tomorrowland to Main St and jostle for space behind the tour seating on the stations platform, the viewing was wonderful since we didnt want to go into the hub area with the baby in arms. He loved the show and pointed up to the firewords and practiced his new clapping skill along with the rest of us! After the show the park was closing and the CM at the train station was skeptical that if we reveresed our route we may miss the last monarail train back so we hoofed it thru DT disney with 22lb baby and 20 lb diaper bag! Certain people were suppose to retrieve their baby between midnight and one , which ended up being 4 am ,something about car keys , car seat in locked car etc... oh well you only get married once!
    Saturday my big plans to go to the park early were blown out of the water due to lack of sleep, then we had to move all the wedding paraphelia ( favors, wedding party gifts, suitcases for a two night stay, marrige certificate, rings and the list goes on )from their apt to the DL hotel. And pick up tuxes, 2 didnt fit so we had to go back between the rehersal and reheral dinner. So no Park for us that day! We barely made the rehersal but they couldnt start without the Bride and Groom anyway , it went smoothly and quick yay! The rehersal dinner was at the Parkview Terrace at the GCH it was fabulous and the food was excellent. I know there were 2-3 more people than planned for and the staff never said a word about it and it was suppose to be over at 7 pm but we were graciously told to take our time , no hurry nothing else was going on there anyway. After us more mature people and the baby went down to the lobby fireplace and joined in a camp storytelling session what fun it was, the wedding party disperssed to do party, then we all met up at the Lost Bar. The wedding couple were smart enough to head to their room early and get sleep for the big event! We followed shortly 7 am in the dressing room came very early!
    The staff was great they were helpful but not intrusive! When at the last minute we decided to use a push car for my grandsons trek down the aisle they gathered tule and ribbons to decorated it. They told everyone when and where to line up and kept watch for the groom so he didnt meet see my daughter before the ceremony. The ceremony was beautiful , the roses were in bloom, the sun was shinning , the harp was amazing and the gazebo decorated but so simple as to not to distract from the garden location and the ceremony. When her dad walked her down the aisle she was truly glowing.
    I loved the ceremony which was joyful , no tears , just a true commitment made with heart, love and joy. The inclusion ceremony of my grandson focused on being parents as well as partners and that one was the same as the other. My son in law whom I love dearly , but who is on the very quiet reserved side, I expected to be reserved and say his vows quietly was very vocal and just so totally lost in the joy of the occasion. The baby was great and only cried a little but had so many aunties to take him aside and hold him.
    The pre reception I heard was great with wonderful horesdeorves and he harpist , I missed it due to picture taking but I am glad everyone was well taken care of.
    The reception in the Pavillion Room was also beautiful, the sun shinning in the surrounding windows, the blue hydrandeas on the table and the beautifully set tables looked magnificent! The food was very good and I was appreciative of the fact that they didnt load up the chafing dishes at the buffet but replenished ofter so there was always fresh food. I decided a bit into the reception to host the cash bar for a bit and the FTW staff didnt have a problem with my change of plans and made it happen , even going as far to visit each table, take drink orders and then serve them! At the end of the reception I went to pay the tab and get one last glass of wine and they just poured it and said it was on them. The food was great but... we opted to not have the dessert buffet , since their was wedding cake and substitute a white chocolate slipper filled with whipped cream and rhassberries with a chocloate castle screened on the plate and another small chocolate pc of chocolate motlen wow it was decadant and everyone loved it!
    She hired an outside DJ who very much stuck to her wishes of tasteful music: Disney's FTW cd for dinner music , love songs for the beginning dances and a bit more upbeat for the latter in the reception fare.
    Mickey and Minnie came for the cake cutting and I know stayed for more than the 30 mins they were suppose to! The kids loved them, but the real kick was all the male adults whos original comments were it was dumb having the characters were tripping over their own feet to get their pics taken with the characters lol! We were not rushed at the 5 pm ending of the reception to vacate they had no other weddings planned for the day and were very accomodating to lingers and well wishers and long goodbyes to family and friends.
    The only issue was the staff loved to " clean up" unfinished plates and drinks were cleared , when called on it they were quick to replenish.
    Also the bride and groom recieved beautiful FTW watches to commemorate the day and they were also comped a Fantasmic Dessert showing later that evening , the manager who commped them was at Fantasmic and wondered where the parents etc... where and they explained that they didnt know it included others, he then gave my daughter his office and cell phone numbers so that on a future visit he would get us all in.... guess I will get to do the Fantasmic Dessert viewing for my birthday after all !!!
    Also the wedding couple recieved in the package a standard room at the resort for the wedding night, her coordinator told her to ask for an upgrade at check in, they got a suite , I am sure the coordinator had something to do with this since it was like ok we have a suite for you.
    I cannot express how happy I was with the FTW staff for their diligence and pure dedication to make this the wedding of her dreams! And to be honest we didnt use every bell and whistle that FTW had to offer and it was not the most expensive lavish wedding they have done , but we were treated like it was the most important wedding to them. It reaffirms my belief in the "guest" is what its all about!
    Needless to say I didnt get to the park as much as I hoped for : we did get to ride in the front of the monarail ( which in my husbands thrill ride ) we saw the firework show which was high on my priority list, we saw the 50th show at the opera house , I took my grandson on the carousel and Casey Jr which is what the DL is all about to me being with family and friends.
    My husband says we will go back for my birthday and the poor guy as a suprise brought me a 50th robe at the hotel which I was drooling over but didnt want to spend more $, he went back and got it . When we got home to No Ca he was going to give it to me the next day and found the security tag left on, years ago I brought a bra that had one left on and was leaving on a trip so he pried it off, this time he didnt have his glasses on and missed the word "ink" so you can imagine what happened! We called disney they are sending a pick up tag for the damged one and a new robe..once again a happy ending!
    Iwant to post pics as they come in but... I have forgotten how, I need a refresher course can anyone help?

• Metal Head

Re: The FTW was beautiful!!!

FTW??? boy is that the wrong abreviation for disney
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Fairy Tale Wedding

• Waiting for the stork

That sounds like the perfect wedding, I am so glad it all went well for you.

I would love to see pics when you figure it out (No I am absolutly no help on that at all, I have no clue)

it sounds beautiful, elegent, tasteful, and magical....just what a wedding should be.

I love the idea of an inclusion ceremony, I have never heard of that before, but I wish I had when I got married...our baby was 10 months old, that would have been nice....oh well.

thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience with us.
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Sounds like all went well and you had a wonderful weekend and wedding.
    To post pics you have to upload them to something like photobucket and then you past the location using the insert picture (the one with the mtn and sun). Its fairly easy, I figured it out and I'm not techie at all!

• Metal Head

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    Fairy Tale Wedding
    I know what she meant but for years I have seen it used another, more disparaging way.
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Former CM

Re: The FTW [Fairy Tale Wedding] was beautiful!!!

Glad to hear it was good. My wife and I just had our 8th anniversary (9-21) and we did the Fairy Tale Wedding too. We went to DTD to celebrate and went over to the Paradise Pier and up to the 3rd floor to where we had the wedding. We were both surprised that there is now a water slide there now, but then again we just went for the memories and still had a good time.

• Shpadoinkle

I don't mean to pick on this thread specifically, it's just convenient.

Is anyone else mildly annoyed with things being posted to every single Disneyland-related board on the Internet? I read almost 10 boards semi-regularly, and I'm always seeing the same threads over and over, started by the same people. Sometimes I think all the boards should just get it over with and merge into one big VisionsDizMiceLaughingDisInfoPlanet.com

Edit: (I should post this reply every time this same exact thread appears on another board. I just found another instance of it.)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by spacemountain85
    Is anyone else mildly annoyed with things being posted to every single Disneyland-related board on the Internet? I read almost 10 boards semi-regularly, and I'm always seeing the same threads over and over, started by the same people. Sometimes I think all the boards should just get it over with and merge into one big VisionsDizMiceLaughingDisInfoPlanet.com
    Naturally, your going to get this on any board that discusses the same topic.

For example, on The Price Is Right fan boards, many boards lit up (so to speak ) when they changed the Switcheroo font (to the Pathfinder font). Dozens of "Switcheroo Font Change" threads popped up out of nowhere. There's countless other examples.

What sets the boards apart are the underlying communites that form. MC's community is quite unique when compared to MP/MI/VS/DG/Etc. Plus, since most people only mainly post on one board, that's where they want the topic to discuss.
    -Monorail Man

• Shpadoinkle

Right, I would expect there to be multiple threads on, say, a new fireworks show. I'm also aware of the sub-communities, and have noticed how MiceChat is very different.

What I'm talking about is the exact same threads, started by the exact same person, with the exact same post, and with the exact same subject line, posted multiple places. It just seems kind of... spammy.

• All you need is LOVE

Sounds like it was perfect congrats to you and everyone.

We would love to see pictures

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

We are all obviousley disney fans and read and participate in all different sites just like you do, to pick up on our spam.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Sounds like everything went great and you had a good time. Congrats. I didn't get a FTW, but I got to spend 9 days at WDW at the Grand Floridian which makes up for it.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Sounds beautiful! I would love to see pictures. I'm so glad to hear that everyone went so well!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast