Peoria, Az..about 6 hours away from disneyland!

Question Coolers/lockers?

Hey guys im taking my son to his first trip to dland on friday 4/17-4/19! Soo excited!=] I was wondering if someone knows the answer to this..how big of a cooler do they allow you to bring, to put inside a locker. Ive been to dland several times but never used the picnic area or lockers. Im assuming they charge you by the size of the locker you need. Anyone know the prices of the lockers? Any info would help! Thxs!

[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lbdf.lilypie.com/weTOm7.png[/img][/link]

• Greetings, Program!

Re: Coolers/lockers?

The lockers are 7.00 for the entire day, and you can use a debit card to pay for it. I think there's only one standard size and you should be able to fit a couple of Little PLaymate coolers inside one.

If there are larger ones, I personally havent seen them. Also, I dont know if they will give you trouble for trying to bring the coolers in thru the gate. I've always used the lockers outside the gates.

There are lockers to the left of the main gate as you face either park. One to the left of DL....another to the left of DCA.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Lockers also say they can break change fo $20's, but they can't. So it's wise to use your debit card. That's what I wound up doing.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

How fun!

Lockers come in two different sizes, the smaller ones cost $7 and the larger lockers cost $10. I would say that the difference in size is about double a small locker. I have never had any problems getting a cooler into the park. In the large lockers, you can fit a JanSport backback - with that said, keep in mind that they can mold and form the the shape of the locker...I would try to keep the cooler width no wider than a backpack, just to be safe. Good luck!
    Last edited by MsSarah; 04-12-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• TheoryOfEverythingMickey

Hi there.

I've asked this question before, and here is the info that Guest Relations gave me within the last week.

Lockers for Picnics: The lockers are located in the Picnic area only - on the west side of the main gates.

Super Jumbo: 18"W x 25"H x 37"D - $15.00 per day

Jumbo: 15"W x 25"H x 25"D - $12.00 per day

The other lockers are located on the Esplanade, in Disneyland off Main Street, or just after the entrance of DCA are:

Extra Large: 15"W x 25"H x 19"D - $11.00 per day

Large: 12"W x 18"H x 19"D - $10.00 per day

Small: 12"W x 18"H x 12.5"D - $7.00 per day

***The larger lockers are extremely limited***

Please measure your cooler and choose accordingly. You might also want to consider incidentals such as sweaters or jackets that you may want to store.

Have a good time!

Cheers. **11 D**
    Last edited by M-Theory; 04-12-2009 at 03:54 PM.

• Sock Puppet

When we used to push a stroller around DL, we always took our six-pack Igloo cooler with us in the bottom of it. It was very handy having it with us throughout the day versus having ot run back to the lockers to get something.

A standard (if there is such a thing) six pack cooler should fit in the lockers. Even the small ones. But if you also want to store jackets and such, then you'll need a larger one.

Be sure and get a "First DL Trip" button for your son from City Hall!

Have fun!

i also use debit card when using lockers..
    just do what you think...

Thanks for all your answers! Ive decided that, based on the cooler size we have, we will have to get the jumbo size. I will definatley get there early to make sure we get one. Oh, and i will for sure get his "first visit" button...and the ears and anything else i find that he just has too have=] Hopefully it wont be too crowded..it doesnt matter though.. we will have fun either way!

[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lbdf.lilypie.com/weTOm7.png[/img][/link]

• Wilderness Explorer

How wonderful that you're bringing your son for his first trip to the parks! Hope you have a great time at Disneyland!

yeah we are really excited its so funny because everytime they run the celebrate promos on tv he runs right to the tv and starts clapping! Its way cute!

Question Re: Coolers/lockers?

Does anyone know when the lockers in the picnic area open,not the ones by the restrooms? When we come for magic morning, the picnic area is always locked up.When is the earliest we could go to the picnic area and when does it close?

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Lockers also say they can break change fo $20's, but they can't. So it's wise to use your debit card. That's what I wound up doing.
    I've never had trouble with it breaking a 20.