Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What was the last building torn down at DLR?

Within a few weeks, walls should go up around Golden Dreams and it will be demolished to make way for the Little Mermaid attraction.

Can anyone think of when the last complete attraction/building was demo-ed at DLR? I want to say it was for the 1983 Fantasyland rebuild. I think the buildings were competely torn down for that but I'm not 100% sure. I don't really count things like BLAB, because that was an internal rebuild. Similarly, Star Tours only got an add-on, I believe - the original TL building/facade remained largely intact. Splash Mountain construction involved mostly removing hills of dirt. There were no attraction buildings demolished for Indy or ToonTown. Am I missing anything since 1983 Fantasyland?

• HauntedOne999

Re: What was the last building torn down at DLR?

Ariels Grotto in DL was removed for Pixie Hollow and before that was the removal of the original Fort Wilderness and then there was an eatery in DCA that sold fish sticks and chicken tenders that was removed for TSMM... then there was all the removal of things on TSI (rock playground and alot fo rockwork)...then before that the FL autopia was annexed into the TL autopia
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Banned User

The buildings for Fantasyland were not completely torn down, just the facades, and there were enhancements to the rides and Pinnochio was added and the land was reformatted.

• We Go On.

Hmm. I was under the impression that the Golden Dreams theater would just be gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    Ariels Grotto in DL was removed for Pixie Hollow and before that was the removal of the original Fort Wilderness and then there was an eatery in DCA that sold fish sticks and chicken tenders that was removed for TSMM... then there was all the removal of things on TSI (rock playground and alot fo rockwork)...then before that the FL autopia was annexed into the TL autopia
    I guess a lot of little things have been torn out. I was really more interested in large structures that require extensive demo work.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    The buildings for Fantasyland were not completely torn down, just the facades, and there were enhancements to the rides and Pinnochio was added and the land was reformatted.
    OK cool, I wasn't sure about that. I took photos of the rebuild of FL, but can't find the photos now. And the ones I've seen online were later in the project so they were inconclusive. So, other than small things like those Alpoe has mentioned, what large structures have been demo-ed. Monsanto House. The old DLRR/Monorail roundhouses. Plantation House. What else and when?

• Banned User

I think that the demolition of everything from the right side of King Triton's Carousel down to the Midway Games were the last buildings torn down at the resort.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I guess a lot of little things have been torn out. I was really more interested in large structures that require extensive demo work.
    the only large scale things that were removed from the park has been...

the removal of the Viewliner for the Monorail and Subs in 1958...the removal of the Chicken Plantation restaraunt for NOS in 1963...the original TL for the 1967 version of TL... the removal of the indian village for Bear Country in 1971...the removal of Natures Wonderland for BTMRR in 1979... the major remodel of FL in 1983...the removal of Videopolis for the FL Theater...the remodel of the Tahitian Terrace into Aladdins Oasis in 1993... the major remodel of Jungle Cruise in 1994 for Indy (removal of part of the river and demo of the boathouse for the current 2 level version...

you could also consider the F! construction of the viewing area and the Treehouse conversion
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Senior Minion

It really is amazing how rarely they demolish a building. It seems to me that most, if not all of Golden Dreams will be removed though, but it looks like the structure of the restrooms will remain largely intact and become part of the Mermaid building. Of course, things could have changed since the drawings that seem to indicate that.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Mouseketeer

Didn't the TL Skyway station get torn down? Or was it just turned into something else?

• Senior Minion

I think it's the Autopia themed shop now.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

I thought I'd heard that the TL Skyway station is completely gone.

• Senior Minion

Maybe, I'm not positive.
    -Walt Disney

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Isn't the TL skyway station above the Autopia exit shop, well hidden?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Nope. It's looooooooooooooooong gone.

• All-American

How could you all forget the demolition of the original Disneyland Hotel???

The OP said Disneyland Resort...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast