Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Park Inn Anaheim..anyone stayed there?

I'm in charge of making our reservations for this November, and I'm leaning towards a suite at the Park Inn Anaheim. Anyone here ever stayed there?

• Waiting for the stork

Re: Park Inn Anaheim..anyone stayed there?

Yes many times,
    we have not been there in the last 2 years (I wanted to try other places as well)
    but we have always had very enjoyable stays there.

It's close to the park (a 5 minute walk to the front gate...It's across the street, next to McD's)

the rooms have always been clean, comfortable and Quiet!

the pool is ..... OK nothing spectacular...but OK

the breaksfast Sucks.... a stale pastry and a small cup of coffee or juice, but it did help the kids until we got to our breakfast in the park.... (just don't count on it for a real meal) but lthere is a McD's right next door.

they have a very friendly staff

and our room was always ready early (though I wouldn't count on that you never know)

we have stayed there 3 or 4 times, I have lost count...
    procrastibating

• Welcome To My Nightmare

We stayed there for batsday in August and twice before that. The rooms are always very clean and comfy and the staff is the most helpful I've come across among the Harbor hotels. We never use the pool but it always looks sparkly clean.

The hotel to avoid is the Del Sol. Very worn rooms, rude slow lobby staff, and they try to tack on a "resort fee" when you check out without telling you about it when you check in!

• no flash photography...

if you get a room on the top floor it is quiet. One visit we were up until 2am because the people above us were letting their kids run and jump around the room. The kids were up again at 6am runnign and jumping around. Everyone around us including myself called the front desk and they were very rude and would not help. I even called the room and the lovely "father" cussed me out and the kids were even more loud. I was nice to him too. I said, "hello I'm in the room under yours. Could you please ask your children to not jump and run so loudly. We are strying to sleep." and he cussed me out! Thankfully they left that day, but the next group walked like elephants across our ceiling....not as bad as running and jumping kids, but annoying all the same. On all three vists the staff has been rude beyond belief, but we just get the room, sleep, shower and leave. We don't talk to the employyess after the initial check in. So, that doesn't matter to me very much. After the one loud room on our next visit we requested the top floor. Having said all that, we have not been back since the last visit. We've been staying at the tropicana...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We stayed there over the 17th. We had a 3Queen 1 sofabed 2 room suite and it was huge! Very clean and comfy. We're staying there again next week!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

We stayed there over the 4th of july. We had a family suite. It was good they just need to have two bathrooms in a family suite. thats my only probmlem with the hotel. The pool was great for the kids.

We stay there several times a year (total of about 20+ nights a year) and the staff is always very helpful, the rooms are very large in comparison to all the other Harbor row places we've tried and the rates are reasonable though a little higher than most of the Harbor row places and worth the little extra IMHO.

The suites are exceptionally large, you could sleep a huge extended family in there. Regular rooms are also very large. Not really fancy but well worth it and incredibly convenient, possibly even more so than "on property" hotels. Really a quick short walk to the parks. Lots of restaurants and yes the complimentary "breakfast" is very lacking but it's included. Never had a hidden charge here and I've heard most of the other hotels around here do so that may make up the difference in the room rate there.

Could use a few more TV channels though on those insomniac nights ( I also stay there for a business convention that is very nerve racking).

Hope that helps!

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Park inn is nice... only was there an hour or so.

• Long live the Fire Lord

Awesome place. If you get the right room, you can watch the fireworks from your balcony. THe pool is only 3 feet deep though.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• Disney Flan

I stayed there once. I had a king bed room. I thought the bed was very comfortable, and I liked that it had a normal blanket instead of one of those foam ones. There was a small refrigerator in the room, along with a wingback chair, a desk and a TV stand with drawers for clothes.

The sink was in the bathroom with the shower/tub, which can make getting everyone up and ready to go tough if you have several people in the room.

I was on the top floor, so can't comment on the loudness of upstairs neighbors, but I do agree with the previous breakfast assessments. Not great.

It's a short walk to the main gate, so I would recommend it and would stay there again. I got a good rate through Expedia.

• Sock Puppet

My friend and I just stayed there for 3 nights in their best room (#435). At least its the best room view-wise (all the way at the top left). We were pleased. The room was comfortable and spacious and the balcony was fantastic! We watched the fireworks one night from the privacy of our room and could still hear the soundtrack playing in the park. Service was decent.

A few gripes: rooms need updating and freshening up (peeling wallpaper, faded paint, torn curtains). There was a general feeling of mild disrepair everywhere. Our room had a faint smell of old smoke even though it was a non-smoking room.

• Minion

Its a nice place, but we too love the Tropicana. Close, clean, nice pool.
    Just remove the plastic liners on the mattress, and its the nicest place across the street from the park.

• BTMR Lover!

We were there at the end of August and it was very nice. I wouldn't mind staying there again!
    -Erica

• e komo mai

I stayed there and shared a suite with mamabot, stinkerbell and dsnylndmom to name a few. We were also visited by Disguy and Hidden Mickey... Let's just say it's a fun place to stay IF you stay with the right divas.

Seriously, I'd recommend it for the convenience of being so close to the park alone.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I stayed there and shared a suite with mamabot, stinkerbell and dsnylndmom to name a few. We were also visited by Disguy and Hidden Mickey... Let's just say it's a fun place to stay IF you stay with the right divas.

Seriously, I'd recommend it for the convenience of being so close to the park alone.
    Especially if you can stay up all night laughing your tush off at your drunk friends. Oops, I mean WITH your drunk friends.

I liked the place....it was roomy, clean, comfortable. Even the girls who slept on the hideaway loved their bed--they didn't even move to a real bed when one became available!

The breakfast....was okay. Fruit, yucky pastries, three kinds of cereal (that's what I had), coffee, juice, milk. If I was staying there with my family, I'd just bring instant oatmeal or something, because cereal gets monotonous for us. But it was free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast