Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• DisneylandDan

Anyone ever work at Blue Bayou or 33

Hey there,
    Ive been doing alot of thinking and might move from northern california down to anahiem. Im a server right now with lots of experiance in different restraunts and come highly recomended. Has anyone ever got hired to work at blue bayou or 33? How did you go about it? Whats it like? Money must be good, right. One of the servers there his name was Travis (awesome server, it was like me serving myself lol) said that you have to start as a busser. Any help would be appreciated, I just need some change here.
    Dan

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Re: Anyone ever work at Blue Bayou or 33

I doubt the money is very good with all of the tourists.

• DisneylandDan

I dont know, our server told us its pretty good. We tipped him 25 but Im a server soo. You might be right most people dont understand that we live off of tips not hourly.

• Minion

you usually have to start as a busser or host

• DisneylandDan

I just want to try something new in life and I thought moving down there might be a good experiance.

melmel, where arrre you?

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    I just want to try something new in life and I thought moving down there might be a good experiance.
    Change can be a good thing, but are you limiting yourself to just working at these two restaurants? I'm sure many CMs have been putting in their time waiting for that same opportunity. Not sure you can just move down and sign up and get your dream position. Is there any other position you might accept?

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• DisneylandDan

Well Id like to work inside disneyland for sure. Being a server would be nice because of the tips. I really dont know what other jobs make decent money. If I just pick up and move I wanna know that I have a chance at making enough to survive happily. Im a people person so maybe a tour guide or concierge, I know alot about the park. I dont know really.

• Minion

MelMel currently works there. I think she is in reception/greeter.

My wife worked as a server at the Olive Guarden a few years back and you make good money on tips! BB is a "fancy" place and I think would tip more. Unless you get a large group of AP's

My wife also tried to get a job at DL as a server and its very hard (At least a few years ago) and she said they start you as like a host or cashier and you must graduate into Server even with prior server experance.

Currently Disney had a lot of layoffs due to new management not putting up with BS, but its now off season so they dont need people as bad. I would wait till the beginning of next summer and check then. You may have much better luck.

• Disneyland Freak

Or you can call Disneyland and ask.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    My wife worked as a server at the Olive Guarden a few years back and you make good money on tips! BB is a "fancy" place and I think would tip more. Unless you get a large group of AP's
    I worked at the olive garden to. Wher I live the tips sucked. i made much more at black angus, but I'm happy I don't have to serve anymore. Were you working at the olive gardne when the had the wine feast at Disneyland. That was so fun. Four days of food and winr pairing at DL. ...They were just building DCA when we went and they did not allow time to go to the park, but thats the year I learned about the AP and the next year I had one.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

My aunt worked there when it first opened. She told me about how polite Walt Disney was to her. She told me that he viewed them as family and had them call him "Uncle Walt". Isn't that cool!? My aunt LITERALLY worked for my idol, Walt Disney! That is awsome.

• MiceAge Columnist

You do indeed need to start as something other than server - they promote from within. Most female servers started out as hostesses / door persons, and most males as bussers. There's some intermixing of sexes for both those jobs, though. And some servers started in the kitchen, but not many.

It takes anywhere from one to five years of being "something else" before you are typically given a chance to be a server. Why so long? There aren't THAT many server jobs, and the pay is good enough that turnover is quite low for the well-established high-seniority people. I could probably name ten servers from ten years ago and bet that most of them are still there.

Club 33 is just about the same time required to be a server; not for nothing is the average age of the server there even higher. Anecdotally it looks to me like C33 CMs are typically not hired to work that location unless they have prior restaurant experience. Might as well stock the premium location with experienced people, right?
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319
    I doubt the money is very good with all of the tourists.
    I would have to disagree, if tourists are happy (which they generally are at DLR) then they are more generous with their tipping.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• OM NOM NOM

If you want more information straight from a first hand source, look up melmel in the members list and PM her with any questions you might have. Oh, and provide an email address, because her PC screws up when it tries to send outgoing PMs.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast