Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: If you can have something from WDW to come to Disneyland. What would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    See, I really hate their DTD because it's a concrete wasteland with 70's, 80's, and 90's era buildings mixed into the fold. Ours is lushly landscaped and evokes a much different (and IMO, better) feeling than WDW's.

I would love to see Earl of Sandwich and the Ghirardelli shop come down to our DTD though, now THAT would be a good transplant.
    Ok... how about just most of theri stores and Pleasure Island? It's not really the look but more that they have so much more to offer than DL's.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• potterday.org

How about Epcot? Can I have Epcot? Visited it for the one and only time two years ago and fell in love with it. I even cut short our stay at the (formerly named) MGM Studios so we could go back to Epcot. I ate and drank so much. And they have two Circlevision films! And Maelstrom!
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I just got back today from a week at WDW so this is fresh on my mind.

1. Mickey's Philermagic (sorry about spelling, too tired to look it up). I LOVED this.
    2. Everest was terrific
    3. Their Peter Pan
    4. Their ending for Snow White
    5. Bring back Country Bears (saw it four times while there...I'm such a geek)
    6. Bring back Carousel of Progress (saw it twice)
    7. Bring back People Movers aka Transit Authority

I'm sure there is a few other things but I'm too tired to over think this right now.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Adventurer's Club!!!!!!!!!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

The Great Movie Ride, and when it was there, Alien Encounter.
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

• Awaiting Walt's Return...

93 Miles North of The ORIGINAL Disneyland

Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Mickey's Philharmagic, and more if I can think of them!
    "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

—Walter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

• Dreaming of Disneyland

I must agree, bring back the originals: Carousel of Progress and the People Mover. Just those two attractions would completely revitalize Tomorrowland and Innoventions could even stay on the top floor.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by disney55 View Post
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    I would like them to have that also. Plus the old show that they use have at the building where Mickey's Philharmagic is now. "The Mickey Mouse Revue". I nevered got the chance to see that one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2e0k4Lvr0"]YouTube - The Mickey Mouse Revue, Walt Disney World 1971[/ame]

• All-American

^ YES, now that Tokyo Disneyland is getting rid of (has gotten rid of?) the Mickey Mouse Review, I was thinking it would do great in a little Victorian theater where Mullholland Madness sits now on Paradise Pier... since both Paradise Pier and the MMR feature the vintage Disney characters.

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster...with something like Led Zeppelin. Also, being the nerd that I am, I'd love to see the Hall of Presidents at DL! Maybe with the Return of Mr. Lincoln we could see at least some of the major presidents join him. I'd love that!

I would like to see Mission: Space, too...
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

I would have to go with the following...
    1) Peoplemover
    2) Rock n Roller Coaster (with Red Hot Chili Peppers I loved it when they had it on Cali Screamin and Space)
    3) World Showcase

disneyland is still the best, but I enjoy epcot when I am stuck in florida for work.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    Rocknrollercoaster but a KISS version instead of Aerosmith and it would be nice to have all of the food options!
    Pshh..... Kiss is fake rock and their music is alrigs but not that good. Come on you've got to admit they were much more entertainers than true musicains. I say put in the red hots, rolling stones, queen, beatles, or somethan classic rock! Like a classic rock song! But that's just me

• Iron-Clad Allie

I would like to take Bob Iger and his office to Disneyland. Anaheim is where he needs to focus his attention ..forget Orlando.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Merry 2014!

I say that Rock n' Roller coaster would be great, if it weren't Areosmith or any other rock band doing orignal songs. Here me out: the whole thing could be based on Disney music. The building could be dedicated to Disney history or something and in the cue you look at pictures that go from black and whilte to color; favorite iconic Disney tunes play in their original versions through the que until you blast off. Then a medley of those same songs become rocked out. Dick Dale style perhaps, or some suitable band that would do those songs justice.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I would like to take Bob Iger and his office to Disneyland. Anaheim is where he needs to focus his attention ..forget Orlando.
    I disagree. WDW is in the deep freeze, whereas Disneyland seems to have gotten a lot of love in the past few years, with the Castle Walkthrough, Abe Lincoln, original Tiki Room, submarines, and Extreme Makeover DCA edition. Clearly there is some one at Disneyland's WDI (*cough* Baxter) with an intent on bringing back classic attractions.

Maybe I'm biased as a WDW frequent visitor, but I say any attention Iger will give to WDW, let him give...
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 04-19-2009 at 06:38 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast