Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: "Disney Sea West" 3rd Theme Park - Ride Along The Perimeter

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    California is located in the Eastern Pacific. So shouldn't the park be called "Disney Sea East"?

Just wondering...
    Disney Sea East sounds good. Suppose this name would be subject to the approval of Tokyo Disney Sea as it sits in the Far East. As America is considered the West - I know there would be no problem with DisneySea West.

You have caused me to mull it over more DisneyIPresume. I'm thinking DisneySea of the Pacific.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Good idea. Mabey they can bring back the old port disney idea, create something entirly diffrent but still water themed with diffrent ports.

Personnaly, I hope to see a third gate sometime in the future.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Without a good decent amount of land, a third gate would be impossible unless they build the gate off resort property all together. It doesn't look like that extra land they have (the strawberry field?) won't cut it for this whole third gate idea you have. You would need about 2-3 times the size of land to support a high-concept park like that.

Since we already have World Showcase and animal exhibits at WDW, I would like to see something a little more unique and exclusive to just California (no repeats).

Also, I hope if they do come up with a Disney Sea-like park that they name it something that's a little more original than DisneySea West. Port Disney sounds a little better.

For now, I think the Disneyland Resort desperately needs that unused land for additional hotel and parking space more than they need a new park.
    Last edited by toonaspie; 04-18-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Fancy that...

If we're getting a third gate, it should stay away from what WDW has right now. I'm fine with using elements from TDS. Bring in some never realized concepts, a good amount of new ones, than putting it all together to make sense with a central theme idea, and you have an amazing park.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    If we're getting a third gate, it should stay away from what WDW has right now. I'm fine with using elements from TDS. Bring in some never realized concepts, a good amount of new ones, than putting it all together to make sense with a central theme idea, and you have an amazing park.
    Well, it would make more sense to incorporate original attractions along with unique versions of disney Sea attractions. As much as i love EPCOT, I'd rather go there to see it.

Two stateside cloned parks makes little sense. they've already done it with DL and MK. Plus, the main thing I wanted in line with WDW is a ride that utilizes the Test Track system. Fortunately, this will become a reality when Radiator Springs Racers is built at DCA.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Without a good decent amount of land, a third gate would be impossible unless they build the gate off resort property all together. It doesn't look like that extra land they have (the strawberry field?) won't cut it for this whole third gate idea you have. You would need about 2-3 times the size of land to support a high-concept park like that.

Since we already have World Showcase and animal exhibits at WDW, I would like to see something a little more unique and exclusive to just California (no repeats).

Also, I hope if they do come up with a Disney Sea-like park that they name it something that's a little more original than DisneySea West. Port Disney sounds a little better.

For now, I think the Disneyland Resort desperately needs that unused land for additional hotel and parking space more than they need a new park.
    The more I think about it, perhaps Disney should use the orane grove property for a much needed world-class waterpark. One that would be comparable to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach - only with it's own unique theme.

Disney can always buy up Anaheim Resort property where other businesses are located in orser to build hotels, parking structures, and a Downtown disney expansion.

The third theme park could indeed be built elsewhere, as close as possible to the disneyland resort. It might even work out better this way as it would provide disney with an excuse to expand it's monorail system.

My first thought is to place theme park three in Long Beach where Port Disney was going to go. I'm not infatuated wit the PD concept any longer ..but it would be the perfect spot for DisneySea West of DisneySea of the Pacific.

Isn't there already a DisneySea of the Pacific? I mean the existing DisneySea is on Tokyo Bay which is part of the Pacific

But really, personally I think the third theme park at DLR should be almost completely original and definitely not on the cheap. but if DisneySea does make its way to anaheim or long beach in one form or another I wouldn't be against it, just i think non-copies are possible and should happen.

and believe me I would love for disneysea or port disney to come to the long beach location and another park to come to the strawberry fields... four disney theme parks in SoCal!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    Isn't there already a DisneySea of the Pacific? I mean the existing DisneySea is on Tokyo Bay which is part of the Pacific

But really, personally I think the third theme park at DLR should be almost completely original and definitely not on the cheap. but if DisneySea does make its way to anaheim or long beach in one form or another I wouldn't be against it, just i think non-copies are possible and should happen.

and believe me I would love for disneysea or port disney to come to the long beach location and another park to come to the strawberry fields... four disney theme parks in SoCal!
    Absolutely! this is my general idea. As I said, our DisneySea should boast a combination of original versions of some of the current Tokyo DisneySea rides and completely unique rides as well.

Three theme parks and a waterpark (4 total) is what I'm hoping for. According to MapQuest, it is a 35 minute drive from Anaheim to DisneySea, Long Beach. A non-stop monorail route would reduce that time by subverting the series of turn-offs and other traffic related obstavles. Plus, it would be a fun ride.

There's another potential name! DisneySea, Long Beach. Now, that flows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12