Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• We Go On.

Re: Paradise Pier? Not Really...

Nice to see that "Walt's Ghost" was suspended. We don't need that kind of stuff here.

• =)

I have no inside information, as it were, but I'm gonna hazard a guess that it was a "sock puppet" account set up by an existing MCer, which is against the rules and regulations. Seems to me like (s)he wouldn't be suspended like that without warning after a mere four posts, even for something as plainly unwise as this, unless that were the case. ::shrug::

• DL Obsessed

Yeah.. kinda dumb.

If (s)he would have made a post about it as him/herself, then we'd probably get some good feedback on here. I do kind of agree though. Could use some ride upgrades in California Adventure. But i guess thats what they're working on. We just have to wait 3 years.

• A Weather Eye Open

Well, I think that once are the changes are done, DCA will be hugely improved. I also compare PP to current boardwalks and other theme parks, and even without the improvements think it's generally more pleasant. It might be uninspired in its 2001 version, but it does not have the negatives that real boardwalks or cheaper, unthemed theme parks might have (ie, nothing really gets rundown and shuttered, no bums sitting around, etc.). The turn-of-the century additions are going to make it seem more special, once they're all done, I think. It still won't be genious, but I think it will be great enough!

Quote Originally Posted by WJNM View Post
    Humorous? Slightly. But God I hope this "ghost" poster doesn't become a regular thing. I don't care if it's a 70 year old man doing this or a 12 year old kid, the concept is assuming, pompous, and arrogant. If this is a one time thing, okay - it's slightly funny. But ugh. Sorry for my obvious negativity here, but the last thing this board needs is someone who equates themselves as a mock authority and lend's their mockery of language to a dead man's voice (i.e. "some 3D thing"). It's up there in annoyance with those corporate-sponsored billboards that claim to be from "God," or those people who create Twitter accounts for their dogs.
    Agreed!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I also compare PP to current boardwalks and other theme parks, and even without the improvements think it's generally more pleasant.
    More pleasant that what Disney has come up with in the past?

It might be uninspired in its 2001 version, but it does not have the negatives that real boardwalks or cheaper, unthemed theme parks might have (ie, nothing really gets rundown and shuttered, no bums sitting around, etc.).
    It doesn't have some of the negatives that those establishments have. But neither do any other themed lands in Disney parks - and unlike Paradise Pier, that's not the only upside that they offer!

Hey Walt (Walt's ghost), Now that you're back and here to tell us and probably WDI (oh, that's what WED is called now) your thoughts, are you gonna finish off those EPCOT plans you were working on? You remember what that stood for right? Anyway, they turned that idea into another theme park called Epcot, have you seen it? Oh and the Florida Property, they named that after you as well it is Walt Disney World resort. pretty cool, huh?

Yeah, since you have all these thoughts about DCA, you can fix it now. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Oh and did I mention Mickey now has a town in Disneyland.

Well, nice talking to you Walt

EDIT:Just saw he was suspended after posting this.

• Banned User

It probably cause I gave him neg rep that he got suspended, but he was really bugging me and thats a hard thing to do and I found his/her actions very offensive.

The account was suspended?

Pretentiousness much...

• Resident Ghost

Okay, let me be me. I don't dislike EVERYTHING about the pier, just the overall theme. No, I haven't been to the park sinse 2006, and things have been changed, but I don't get mixing Victorian style with Disney's characters. Seems like a weird mix. I mean... "silly symphony swings"? What?

As for the suspension, it was not due to any of you guys...sorry

so are you going to stop your "Act" or continue to reside as micechat's "resident ghost" and speak in 1st person through Walt? or you know we may all be mistaken and this person might actually be the ghost of Walt Disney

• Resident Ghost

I'm gonna stop the "Act", but I will continue to be kinda critical about Disneyland. I love that park, but I don't want to see it ruined... and NO, Paradise Pier has not ruined DCA...Don't quote me out of context!

ok, sounds good, that's what everyone here does, be kinda critical when necessary.

oh, and when did I ever quote you out of context, unless you were talking about someone else?

• Resident Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    ok, sounds good, that's what everyone here does, be kinda critical when necessary.

oh, and when did I ever quote you out of context, unless you were talking about someone else?

That was to whoever reads my posts, not you at all!...i don't want to be quoted as if i hate DCA and have someone neg me, you know?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

And here's a reminder for some, or a lesson for those who have not taken the time to read our FAQ's....

What about discussing reputation points with other members?
    Please refrain from discussing the giving or receiving of Reputation on the boards. If you have any problems with your reputation level dropping below 0, then private message a moderator or administrator (or use the ‘Contact Us’ page). While the discussion of the reputation system is not prohibited, we would prefer that you contact a moderator or administrator regarding your questions rather than starting a new discussion on the boards.
    Breaking rules of the site can have repercussions...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

First of all, I want to say welcome to MiceChat, Walt's Ghost. (It's too bad some don't have a sence of humor. But that's their problem, not yours. ) Don't let some scare off the way you want to present your views. Others should be respectful enough to let you post your thoughts in your own way ~ I know of at least one other poster that has their own unique style in posting their thoughts, and it adds a wonderful variety of colorfulness here on MiceChat. And I'm looking forward to hearing more of your pro's and con's of Disneyland's direction. And hey, MAYBE, just maybe it really IS Walt's Ghost! (to heck with those people that just want to squash the magic of those who just might want to believe )

Back to your topic, I agree with most of what you said (big surprise, huh) If current Disney management insists on keeping the lame seaside carnival theme, they reallly are not going far enough. The paradise pier theme was THE weakest in theme and execution of any part in DCA, and that includes the farm area. The change up done on the far side of the ceeement pond just does not enhance the overall look - it's still just a ferris wheel and roller coaster, what every other bland amusement park (NOT theme park) has.

Now, we're still not sure what this "Beer Garden" area will exactly look like - although one thing is certain, it will be the most drastic transformation away from the former look of the area.

Then there is The Little Mermaid long awaited attraction. We have a little idea of what the exterior of the building will look like, but, Will we be getting a new King Triton Fountain area, and a Little Mermaid meet and greet? This is the theme that they should used to Transform the majority of paradise pier - make it DCA's version of what Tokoyo Disney Sea has, only do it outside, and transform the entire area to make it look like you are under water! A kind of Under the Sea with Ariel and Bouncing Around, on the bottom of, the beautiful Briney Sea! And instead of re-themeing mullholland madness into Goofy's whatever - which doesn't belong at all between the beer garden and Ariel. The themeing of Goofy just doesn't belong on that side of the pier! IF they have to keep it, then change is drastically, like you are sitting on a seahorse as you area traveling that track, or sitting on top of Sebastian as you are travelling through sea. And yes, the look of the roller coaster (IF it HAD to stay) would be transformed to look like an under sea Sand Castle or King Triton's Castle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast