Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Resident Ghost

Paradise Pier? Not Really...

I've been watching DCA from above, and I can't say I ever liked Paradise Pier. What made my park so special was the fact that I built places you couldn't find anywhere else. Yes, they were based on real places and such, but the rides themselves were special

With Paradise Pier we have a Ferris wheel, carnival games, a roller coaster, swings, and so forth. Which one of these rides can't you find at a carnival. Even when I was alive, we had all this.

The new update is no better, either. Sure you have some new 3D ride, but there's still all the same rides you had before. The difference is that Mickey Mouse is now plastered on the "Fun Wheel".

Sure the atmosphere isn't quite as bad, and the aesthetics have been upgraded, but looks aren't everything. The experience is more important and if you have the same rides as before, the experience won't change too much.

And to whoever thought building carnival games that cost over twice the cost of normal at local carnivals should be fired.

• Banned User

Re: Paradise Pier? Not Really...

LMAO!!!!! I wonder who actually had the time to waste to create an account (claiming to be Walt's ghost) just to bash the new changes on the pier! Ok Fess up MCers which one of you did this.

• Resident Ghost

Oh, believe me, I'm here to be both critical and positive about Disneyland and DCA. It just so happens that this was my first opinion posted.

• =)

Wasn't me. But I agree, of course. Although I do think the upcoming Little Mermaid attraction is worth mentioning. It looks as if it'll be an entertainingly convincing journey into the world of the film. Of course, that'll make it thematically inappropriate to Paradise Pier and to DCA, but I guess you can't win 'em all.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Humorous? Slightly. But God I hope this "ghost" poster doesn't become a regular thing. I don't care if it's a 70 year old man doing this or a 12 year old kid, the concept is assuming, pompous, and arrogant. If this is a one time thing, okay - it's slightly funny. But ugh. Sorry for my obvious negativity here, but the last thing this board needs is someone who equates themselves as a mock authority and lend's their mockery of language to a dead man's voice (i.e. "some 3D thing"). It's up there in annoyance with those corporate-sponsored billboards that claim to be from "God," or those people who create Twitter accounts for their dogs.
    Last edited by WJNM; 04-18-2009 at 01:41 AM.

• Minion

Walt's Ghost? Really? I was pondering if Walt was spinning in his grave or waxing in confusion in reaction to the Paradise pier remodel. On one hand Paradise Pier is shaping up to be quite the majestic piece of land, and actually feels like a Disney experience. One the other slightly pervasive hand, the new “back story” coupled with Disney trademark characters everywhere, further negates the validity of Paradise Pier while providing a chillingly surreal glimpse as to what Disneyland could have looked like. (Or “Disney By the Sea” in Long Beach for that matter )

For me two questions come to mind:

1. Why is a man named Gustav Tinkershmidt Proprietor of an obviously Diseny sea side amusment park.
    2. And why would Imagineering pay homage to something so completely opposite to them and pin Disney characters on sub-par rides??

• Dream in wonderful color!

here we go again..

let's bring out the dead horse!!

(DCA bashing anyone?)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    And to whoever thought building carnival games that cost over twice the cost of normal at local carnivals should be fired.
    Wait, building cost or cost to play? If cost to play, then I want to know which carnivals you are attending.

• We Go On.

Walt's Ghost, it's okay. Read the World of Color thread and go back to sleep.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    I've been watching DCA from above, and I can't say I ever liked Paradise Pier. What made my park so special was the fact that I built places you couldn't find anywhere else. Yes, they were based on real places and such, but the rides themselves were special

With Paradise Pier we have a Ferris wheel, carnival games, a roller coaster, swings, and so forth. Which one of these rides can't you find at a carnival. Even when I was alive, we had all this.

The new update is no better, either. Sure you have some new 3D ride, but there's still all the same rides you had before. The difference is that Mickey Mouse is now plastered on the "Fun Wheel".

Sure the atmosphere isn't quite as bad, and the aesthetics have been upgraded, but looks aren't everything. The experience is more important and if you have the same rides as before, the experience won't change too much.

Gee Walt,what do you call the Skyway, Carousel etc? arent those carnival rides?

• Resident Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Gee Walt,what do you call the Skyway, Carousel etc? arent those carnival rides?
    Well, the Carousel is due to when my daughters were kids. That ride has a lot of meaning to me. As for the skyway, it was just a neat way for people to travel that I got from the World's fair!

• Vroom, vroom!

This is the proof that Walt was cryogenicly frozen to save us in the future.
    THANK YOU SCIENCE GUY!!! He will lead us to a new light and.
    Oh wait he was buried I just saw his grave last year.
    WHO ARE YOU IMPOSTOR!!!
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    Walt's Ghost? Really? I was pondering if Walt was spinning in his grave or waxing in confusion in reaction to the Paradise pier remodel. )
    Um, well, considering that Walt was creamated, the answer would be neither.

On the other hand... where does the pixie dust come from?

In all seriousness though... I thought the Gustav Tinkerschmidt thing was weird. Who the heck is he? And why should he be the proprietor of the Games of the Boardwalk? Because he's Tinkerbell's grandfather? Meh.

• Honorary Dapper Dan

I am the only one who finds it inappropriate and disrespectful to assume the identity of a deceased person and assume what Walt's opinions to be?
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

• is satisfactual.

It's threads like this — and I'm not even talking about Walt's Ghost as much as the people responding to him — that make me seriously wonder what the hell I'm doing here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast