Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

3rd gate??? Wheres the 2nd gate...is it that park across Disneyland? :confused: Sorry for the sarcasim.. Heehaaheehaa
    DCA needs the attention more than anything.. well after the 50th anniversary. They got the subs in DL in 07 so they need something for DCA in 07 as well.. ok yah sure Theyre working on Monster overlay at SSL.. come on now..hahaaha Build a ride where Hollywood and Dine is at and buld monster inc in the Millionaire building. DCA needs a bit more attention after the 50th. I think Disney leraned a big leason with DCA about opening a new park. Nowadays just because you slap a Disney logo on it doesnt mean its gonna be good. Sad to say...I thnk they need to work on rebuilding the Disney's "imagination".....But yah thats my opinion. regardless if it dosent make sense.. thats me.. =)
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by XCLIPSE129
    3rd gate??? Wheres the 2nd gate...is it that park across Disneyland? :confused: Sorry for the sarcasim.. Heehaaheehaa
    DCA needs the attention more than anything.. well after the 50th anniversary. They got the subs in DL in 07 so they need something for DCA in 07 as well.. ok yah sure Theyre working on Monster overlay at SSL.. come on now..hahaaha Build a ride where Hollywood and Dine is at and buld monster inc in the Millionaire building. DCA needs a bit more attention after the 50th. I think Disney leraned a big leason with DCA about opening a new park. Nowadays just because you slap a Disney logo on it doesnt mean its gonna be good. Sad to say...I thnk they need to work on rebuilding the Disney's "imagination".....But yah thats my opinion. regardless if it dosent make sense.. thats me.. =)
    That is a good point XCLIPSE129. They do need to work on DCA somemore but also in my opinion Disneyland is long overdue for a 3rd and possibly 4th themepark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's Friend
    That is a good point XCLIPSE129. They do need to work on DCA somemore but also in my opinion Disneyland is long overdue for a 3rd and possibly 4th themepark.
    you'll be havin a hard time finding land for the fourth my friend

I do think there's room for a 3rd park and I think there's room for a water park behind Paradise Pier

• That's Hawt

I still don't understand where all this is going to be put? If they buy other lots and everything then not only will you have to deal with all the red tape but you will have even more complaints of a berm-less park. You can't surround a new park with tall old growth trees. I would love to see more happening at Disneyland Resort, but I just don't understand how they could do it and make it economical, or worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

Quote Originally Posted by XCLIPSE129

Yea I think they need to put more attention to DCA for now instead of a new park. I really do love being there its just that they need to think of more ideas how to get people to go there. The last time I was there some parts of the park that I thought was close was open, there were no people in sight! Just a waste of space.

I agree, DCA needs to be worked on before a third gate is even proposed.

But if I were to propose a third gate it would have to be a Disney Villains Park. This has been proposed in other forums and it would be unique which I think deserves to be next to Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I still don't understand where all this is going to be put? If they buy other lots and everything then not only will you have to deal with all the red tape but you will have even more complaints of a berm-less park. You can't surround a new park with tall old growth trees. I would love to see more happening at Disneyland Resort, but I just don't understand how they could do it and make it economical, or worth it.
    dude if you haven't go read my setting up for the third gate thread

I've outlined all the land and everything

Disney already owns that lot and the parking lot half of it is cast member parking right now

• Kirbyshowcase.com

I have been thinking about what a third gate could be... actually I have been thinking more of what the Disneyland's old parking lot could of been. Westcot was a good idea that i think would be far superior to DCA but still it seems that copies of walts ideas is not what he would want for his parks. Its sad that disney has not found a real innovator to come into the company and think of a new park (besides the ideas for Disney's America which seemed kind of mediocre to me). How about a park that was truely unique that had a different kind of entrance then any other park ever created?

what about a park that creates a sense of emence space when it only has little to boast (Disneyland is some places does a good job of that, in others not so much).

If we are are talking about if DCA was never created, I would not include a hotel within the perimeter of the park. When I mentioned an entrance like no other park, I was pertaining to an idea that just yesterday tickeled my fance. How about as you enter the park the regular way via CM's taking ur ticket and you enter into an area with moving vehicles right infront of you. Think tomorrowland 50's and 60's look of movement. Anyways it could either be the people mover (which would kind of incorporate the orginal purpose of it) or an omnimover type of vehicle. there would either be just one long track that ran parallel to the entrance and went into a tunnel to your right, or two tracks, entering into the park kind of like how the matterhorn works before the lift hills. In this ticketing/boarding area there would be music done by some awesome composer (think LOTR, Star Wars, beautiful mind music). Behind the people mover/omnimover there would be possibly a glass sculpture that towered above you conseiling what the park has instore for you. From that area you would board your brightly colored vehicle and head into a tunnel that would play the same kind of music that you heard while entering the park. (I wanted to have a story while in the tunnel but it would be hard to update and so it would turn into an epcot kind of adventure (very 80's to us, or i guess as it got older it would be refered to as very 2005ish).

Moving on, as you went through this tunnel (which i would think would take like 5 mins.) You would go through underground caverns with colorful waterfalls on each side and ponds below you. This whole area would be dark and wouldn't really give you a clue to what the park is like. I would try to make it very inspirational and magical, it would be a suspense builder to what is ahead. (if you havent already noticed, I am trying to give you more of a visual look and a feeling more then an idea).

As you go through turns in this tunnel you would finally come to a lift hill of sorts, you would be lifted up about 2 or 3 stories and let out into the light to see a utopia. That would be of course the name of the place that you would enter. As you leave the caverns behind you there is a lake below you and an iconic figure in the distance (not sure would that would be though, something along the lines of something you would see in a perfect society). Also all around you would be bright vivid moving colors (a tomorrowland 50's 60's look without the spaceage stuff). There would be bridges and lots of water and white and blue. It would be a fantasyland type of place that featured rides based on a perfect society (so no "waiting at the bank" ride or "stuck in traffic" ride).

From there I haven't thought about what really what other parts would go in there. I was thinking though that I should stay away from lands and the same basic kind of name attached to each part of the park. For example no tomorrowland and frontierland, more like Hawaiian bay and Utopia.

Hawaiian bay was an idea for a part of the park. It would feature a tiki type of feel but more towards the ocean and beaches and away from the jungle theme. It would be a bay but the ocean filters out to the left behind a cliff so it gives the feeling that there is infact ocean out there somewhere. So if you were to look directly across the water there would be a sandy shore on the other side that no one can go to because that would ruin the ocean effect. As I am typing this, it seems kind of vague to what kind of look im going for. so just think of a pie and 1/5 of it cut out on the left side that extends out to make it look like there is an ocean out there.

This park would be like disneyland in the respect that you will never be able to see outside of the park at anytime. Lastly I feel sorry that you guys had to read all that but this idea is such a burning image in my head that I had to write it down. Think of this park as enormous and extremely grand and bright because thats how I see it in my mind.
    Last edited by Uncle Remus; 02-25-2005 at 03:06 PM.

• Kirbyshowcase.com

read above or ducks will do things that are very suspecious.... ^

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    I have been thinking about what a third gate could be... actually I have been thinking more of what the Disneyland's old parking lot could of been. Westcot was a good idea that i think would be far superior to DCA but still it seems that copies of walts ideas is not what he would want for his parks. Its sad that disney has not found a real innovator to come into the company and think of a new park (besides the ideas for Disney's America which seemed kind of mediocre to me). How about a park that was truely unique that had a different kind of entrance then any other park ever created?

what about a park that creates a sense of emence space when it only has little to boast (Disneyland is some places does a good job of that, in others not so much).

If we are are talking about if DCA was never created, I would not include a hotel within the perimeter of the park. When I mentioned an entrance like no other park, I was pertaining to an idea that just yesterday tickeled my fance. How about as you enter the park the regular way via CM's taking ur ticket and you enter into an area with moving vehicles right infront of you. Think tomorrowland 50's and 60's look of movement. Anyways it could either be the people mover (which would kind of incorporate the orginal purpose of it) or an omnimover type of vehicle. there would either be just one long track that ran parallel to the entrance and went into a tunnel to your right, or two tracks, entering into the park kind of like how the matterhorn works before the lift hills. In this ticketing/boarding area there would be music done by some awesome composer (think LOTR, Star Wars, beautiful mind music). Behind the people mover/omnimover there would be possibly a glass sculpture that towered above you conseiling what the park has instore for you. From that area you would board your brightly colored vehicle and head into a tunnel that would play the same kind of music that you heard while entering the park. (I wanted to have a story while in the tunnel but it would be hard to update and so it would turn into an epcot kind of adventure (very 80's to us, or i guess as it got older it would be refered to as very 2005ish).

Moving on, as you went through this tunnel (which i would think would take like 5 mins.) You would go through underground caverns with colorful waterfalls on each side and ponds below you. This whole area would be dark and wouldn't really give you a clue to what the park is like. I would try to make it very inspirational and magical, it would be a suspense builder to what is ahead. (if you havent already noticed, I am trying to give you more of a visual look and a feeling more then an idea).

As you go through turns in this tunnel you would finally come to a lift hill of sorts, you would be lifted up about 2 or 3 stories and let out into the light to see a utopia. That would be of course the name of the place that you would enter. As you leave the caverns behind you there is a lake below you and an iconic figure in the distance (not sure would that would be though, something along the lines of something you would see in a perfect society). Also all around you would be bright vivid moving colors (a tomorrowland 50's 60's look without the spaceage stuff). There would be bridges and lots of water and white and blue. It would be a fantasyland type of place that featured rides based on a perfect society (so no "waiting at the bank" ride or "stuck in traffic" ride).

From there I haven't thought about what really what other parts would go in there. I was thinking though that I should stay away from lands and the same basic kind of name attached to each part of the park. For example no tomorrowland and frontierland, more like Hawaiian bay and Utopia.

Hawaiian bay was an idea for a part of the park. It would feature a tiki type of feel but more towards the ocean and beaches and away from the jungle theme. It would be a bay but the ocean filters out to the left behind a cliff so it gives the feeling that there is infact ocean out there somewhere. So if you were to look directly across the water there would be a sandy shore on the other side that no one can go to because that would ruin the ocean effect. As I am typing this, it seems kind of vague to what kind of look im going for. so just think of a pie and 1/5 of it cut out on the left side that extends out to make it look like there is an ocean out there.

This park would be like disneyland in the respect that you will never be able to see outside of the park at anytime. Lastly I feel sorry that you guys had to read all that but this idea is such a burning image in my head that I had to write it down. Think of this park as enormous and extremely grand and bright because thats how I see it in my mind.
    Uncle Remus that is a wonderful idea. I like it a lot. They should really do the entrance how you described it. Thanks for the idea.

it's an interesting concept, but it's a bit late for building a second gate like that so we can only look too the third

I do agree on the hotel thing, they wasted alot of park space building the hotel out like that, Grizzly should've been around the same areas that the Disneyland hotel and Paridse Pier hotel are, or they could've built it TDS style with it forming part of the Berm or whatnot

it's still a bit late now, I think the Californai theme is salvagable though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12