Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• photoshowstudio.com

Question Disneyland Security

I wanted to know what the security people check for when you go through their checkpoint before entering the park. Obviously, they are gonna check for guns, knives, and other dangerous items. Plus, I heard they were checking cameras for some reason. No problem there, I just have a PhD (Push Here, Dummy) camera.

We are visiting the park in a few months for 5 days, and in order to afford the amount of Dolewhips and Mickey Ice Cream bars my family plans to consume, we need to save money somewhere. My idea is to bring in water, uncrustables, and snacks in a backpack. Will they allow this?? Food from the outside, that is??

Also, if we could find a small soft cooler that would fit into a locker, would they allow that???
    Preserving Your Memories on DVD

• I'm wishing

Re: Disneyland Security

I have heard of a couple people having trouble getting food past security, but I have never experienced any problem or had my friends have any problem, so I feel 99% safe saying... there's no problem bringing in food, so long as it's not a huge feast.

Also a small, SOFT-sided cooler isn't a problem. Just make sure not to bring in any glass containers, those will NOT be allowed. As a courtesy to paying customers in their restaurants, those bringing in their own food usually eat in out of the way locations where there are plenty of tables available for the people using the restaurant location (the back of Hungry Bear, the back area of Pizza Port, or Carnation Plaza are often good choices).

Have a great time!

• TheoryOfEverythingMickey

Hi there.

Security should let you in with food, but as mentioned, no glass containers. I take a large plastic water bottle with me every time I go, and I have never been questioned because of it.

I posted this info. a while back for someone else, but maybe you could use it to help plan for your trip.

Lockers for Picnics: These lockers are located in the Picnic area only - on the west side of the main gates.

Super Jumbo: 18"W x 25"H x 37"D - $15.00 per day

Jumbo: 15"W x 25"H x 25"D - $12.00 per day

The other lockers are located on the Esplanade near guest relations, in Disneyland off Main Street, or just after the entrance of DCA:

Extra Large: 15"W x 25"H x 19"D - $11.00 per day

Large: 12"W x 18"H x 19"D - $10.00 per day

Small: 12"W x 18"H x 12.5"D - $7.00 per day

***The larger lockers are extremely limited in number. If you need one of those, please find one first thing in the morning.

Please measure your cooler and choose accordingly. You might also want to consider incidentals such as sweaters or jackets that you may want to store.

Have a good time!

Cheers. **11 D**

They don't do a good job of really looking in our bag. Seems like they are just "checking" to make people feel safe. In March I came threw the Downtown Disney gate and the woman checking had me show her what was under my sweater that was over my shoulder and lift my t-shirt up, she also did this with my sisters boyfriend. I never had that happen to me before.

I usually carry a backpack with a couple of bottles of water or gatorade, some varying snacks for the kids, a camera or 2, a small first aid kit, sunscreen, etc. and I've never had an issue at the check point.

• The Z is the new E ticket

I think what you said you're bringing in is fine. To be safe, you could put the food in the outer pockets of your backpack. They never check those pockets.

On my last trip a lady tried to bring in a loaf of bread, a block of cheese, and of coarse, knives.

• Vasooki-land Owner

Well, I know that the other day this little boy had to get his backpack checked, and all he had was snacks, and the lasy was all: "Snacks? Yummy huh? Okay, you're fine."

So, when in doubt, have a random little boy carry your food.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• Banned User

Wow! Lockers are $15! It has been years and years since I rented a locker at Disneyland. Last I recall it was like $1.50

That is nuts

• Indiana Scott

Yes, we have brought in the items you describe and there was no problem.
    Keep in mind though that bottles of water must be unopened (still have their seal intact).
    Also, they don't allow reusable bottles.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Also, they don't allow reusable bottles.
    Actually, yes they do. We were there mid December, with our stainless steel water bottles, and they weren't hidden or anything. My kids carry theirs in slings, mine was in my hand. They didn't ask what was in there either, and it wasn't a super busy day, so they weren't just rushing us through.
    xo, Deanna

• Indiana Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Actually, yes they do. We were there mid December, with our stainless steel water bottles, and they weren't hidden or anything. My kids carry theirs in slings, mine was in my hand. They didn't ask what was in there either, and it wasn't a super busy day, so they weren't just rushing us through.
    Thats good news although the water in the area is pretty nasty tasting so you may still want to use the bottled stuff.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by SanSooMaster View Post
    Wow! Lockers are $15! It has been years and years since I rented a locker at Disneyland. Last I recall it was like $1.50
    That is nuts.
    Hey, they're gonna get the money from you one way or another...

And yes, slice the bread and cheese at home, and bring a plastic knife to spread the mayo from the plastic bottle or packets. Leave the big carving knife and the Swiss Army pocketknife in the car.

The DLR Bag Check isn't as bad as the TSA, but if they see any glass bottles or any sort of cutting implements with an actual sharp edge there will be problems.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by prkhppr21 View Post
    the woman checking had me show her what was under my sweater that was over my shoulder and lift my t-shirt up
    Sounds like she was checkin' you out!

• radiantly eccentric

The picnic area with the large lockers is located BEFORE the security check point. So I keep everything there. It is a nice area and a good place to sit and enjoy a good meal. I even bring a tablecloth to make it nice
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by prkhppr21 View Post
    They don't do a good job of really looking in our bag. Seems like they are just "checking" to make people feel safe.

Yeah, the term "security" and the bag check area shouldn't be in the same sentence together. Night and day...

And yes, the bag check area is symbolic and "touchy-feely" to get the timid folks to feel safe during their visit to the Park.

It only exists/remains today due to liability. Since DL opened this can of worms after 9-11, they would have a lot of explaining to do if they removed it now and then something (anything) did manage to happen inside the Park.

Never mind that anything could still happen with it in place, but that would be a fact that quickly gets forgotten if they discontinued it and some idiot does something inside. Terrorist act or not...

Yeah, they do a great job of keeping knitting needles and small Swiss Army knives that are visible inside a bag out of the Park. But they don't do squat to prevent handguns, butcher knives or other serious weaponry that folks conceal upon their person and strut right by the bag check area and into either Park.

So go ahead and feel safe knowing that you won't be poked in the eye by knitting needles while enjoying the Parks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast