Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Legends never die...

Because Someone's Bound to Care (Merged threads)

A thread for those on MiceChat who care to be informed on the detailed goings on.

Upon riding POTC tonight, I noticed that several AA figures have gone missing... again. And one for the first time recently.

The first and most noticeable is the disappearance of Carlos the Mayor's wife. No longer does she yell instructions down to her tied up husband, and the pirates who threaten her shoot at nothing.

Secondly, the fat woman, her old pirate, and the donkey next to the singing trio have all disappeared once again.

The most likely cause is standard character maintenance, though the fact that figures which so recently returned are once again gone is worrying. But probably still not cause for alarm.

On a happier note, the Davy Jones waterfall effect has been adjusted, and looks FANTASTIC. The effect actually flows all the way down to the water agian.
    Last edited by Outlander; 04-21-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Because Someone's Bound to Care

I'm scared... they could be right out side of my home!

YOu know everytime I ride a ride I hardly notice anything is missing. Maybe that's because I only go to a Disney Park 1 to 2 times a year.

So Jealous of you...
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

I noticed the donkey missing last weekend, but the lady above the well was there. When I rode today, I noticed the lady missing. :\

• Pirate love

All those sans the donkey I saw on Sunday.
    curiouser and curiouser.

It's normal testing, that's all.

• Infinitized!

The AAs are busy attacking tourists in Westworld, and specifically, the pirates are eating the tourists...

• Circle of Ancients

I'd MUCH rather them take out AA's once in awhile for work then shut down the entire ride.

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    The AAs are busy attacking tourists in Westworld, and specifically, the pirates are eating the tourists...

LOL, Westworld.... good stuff.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'd MUCH rather them take out AA's once in awhile for work then shut down the entire ride.
    And I'd MUCH rather the opposite. As Walt said, when asked if one pirate could ever be gone, "Oh, no. The whole show would fall apart." (err, something to that effect, anyways)

I'd rather them offer the full experience while it's running well, but when it needs work, to close it down, instead of a doing a little bit at a time. The ride just isn't the same when things are missing.

• Banned User

POTC is scheduled for a refurb from April 27-30, according to MousePlanet, so these bad show issues will hopefully be ironed out.

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    And I'd MUCH rather the opposite. As Walt said, when asked if one pirate could ever be gone, "Oh, no. The whole show would fall apart." (err, something to that effect, anyways)

I'd rather them offer the full experience while it's running well, but when it needs work, to close it down, instead of a doing a little bit at a time. The ride just isn't the same when things are missing.
    Although I think you make a great point, the only problem with that is that there are SO many elements in POTC, that there will ALWAYS be a need to take out individual animatronics and elements. They can't possibly overhaul everything each year, once a year, during an annual rehab. It's just not feasible. And with so many mechanical parts on that ride, things are going to break. And it doesn't make much sense to take the whole ride down because a donkey isn't moving, or something.

On a completely different note... Hey, you're from Vista! I went to high school there and lived there for quite some time! I live in San Diego for the time being, but work in North County and am in Vista quite often (friends and family still live there)!

• Legends never die...

The thing is, when Walt said that, there were whole days when the park was shut down for maintenance and upkeep. So much more could be done to keep things running that way. I wouldn't be surprised if those early schedules are the reason some of the park is in as good a condition this far down the line.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• The one and only

I would tell you why, but my wife told me not to... so...... *gurgle*

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    YOu know everytime I ride a ride I hardly notice anything is missing. Maybe that's because I only go to a Disney Park 1 to 2 times a year.

So Jealous of you...
    Meh, IMO, they should be jealous of you. Your view of the happiest place on earth still is the happiest place on earth. Their view?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    The thing is, when Walt said that, there were whole days when the park was shut down for maintenance and upkeep. So much more could be done to keep things running that way. I wouldn't be surprised if those early schedules are the reason some of the park is in as good a condition this far down the line.
    In fact, Disneyland maintenance in the years pre-Pressler was more comprehensive because the company invested more money in it, not because there were two days a week when the park was closed. (It was closed Mondays and Tuesdays only during the off season. During the summer and holiday seasons, it was open 7 days a week -- for many years the summer hours were 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.)

Pre-Pressler, Disneyland's nightly maintenance routine was so thorough as to be the subject of newspaper and magazine articles and local TV shows. Post-Pressler, the philosophy of "run it until it fails" took over. To guild the bottom line for Eisner, Pressler and his staff slashed maintenance budgets and allowed Disneyland's infrastructure to literally rot.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast