• Minion

Question Plusing Space Mountain with Mission Space element

Okay, so about a month ago I went to Walt Disney World with my family and was my third trip there. This time I got to go to epcot and really explore it. (Last time I only got to spend half a day there and it was crowded and hot! I really didn't get to do much) So anyway I stumbled on Mission Space which was a great interactive thrilling ride! (and sorry I don't have a trip report! I lost my camera at the hotel and got mailed back the wrong one! But I did have a great time!)

So anyways I was thinking of plusing space mountain in a mission space way. I was thinking of putting buttons in front of the six seats and guests would push the button on a certain part of the ride when directed to. I wouldn't change the music or anything so don't get scared!

In the two rocket cars will be the same order. The first two people in the first row will be the co pilots. The next two in the second row will be the navigators. The next two will be the engineers.

The engineers will be told to push there button at the top of the first lift hill before the blue light power up scene. Only that row will be told to do so and the button panel will light up for that row. The commandment will be nicely synced up with the current music.

The navigators will do the same thing just before the second lift hill telling them to launch the launch coridnents. See how it fits in? Oh and besides the row whose pushing da button they'll just here the current music instead of the comand.

And at the very top of the last lift hill will be when the pilots are told to push there buttons to blast off and launch. They'll say somethin like "pilots push your buttons in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, activate!"

There's more to it I'll put up soon so

• We Go On.

Re: Plusing Space Mountain with Mission Space element

If it was done correctly, I wouldn't mind too much, but it would be a little distracting, and the ride goes by fast as it is.

The thing is, the ride won't allow this to happen. It would put far too much weight on the rockets and would require more custom pieces for the track- or even entire new track pieces- to be made for the soundtracker-like pieces that would come from a track ride like this. Even then, the entire structure would have to be reenforced. This addition alone is enough to cause months of downtime.

Space Mountain was meant to be an adventurous journey into the far reaches of the galaxy in a time when space travel was as easy as taking a drive... completely different from the whole "mission" theme. Mission: SPACE is a completely different take on space travel.

I think it sounds fun, but not for Space Mountain.

• Minion

No comments? Ok I don't want to cange the theme. The people talking and comanding will be the two current people narrating the ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    If it was done correctly, I wouldn't mind too much, but it would be a little distracting, and the ride goes by fast as it is.

The thing is, the ride won't allow this to happen. It would put far too much weight on the rockets and would require more custom pieces for the track- or even entire new track pieces- to be made for the soundtracker-like pieces that would come from a track ride like this. Even then, the entire structure would have to be reenforced. This addition alone is enough to cause months of downtime.

Space Mountain was meant to be an adventurous journey into the far reaches of the galaxy in a time when space travel was as easy as taking a drive... completely different from the whole "mission" theme. Mission: SPACE is a completely different take on space travel.

I think it sounds fun, but not for Space Mountain.
    Well I don't think it would take much. It would be just like a little button that light up that would way like two pounds. It would just be a button on on a light panel that lights up on the back of the person in fronts seats. It wouldn't matter of you pressed of or not it wouldn't change things. And the panel button won't light up when it's not ur turn. And everythin will turn off in the thrill part. It would be very brief and would only happen to one row once and then the rest would be normal.

I made the button pushing part between thetransitions that they already have on purpose so Instead of saying "launchin launch coridence" it will tell u
    You to do so

• We Go On.

^But to be synced with the ride, totally new parts would have to be build in the rockets (not just a little button) and on the track (the sensors that tell the rocket when to send the signal to the button and back), all resulting in extra weight and total replacement of the track. All of this has to work together with sound, visual effects, and the onboard soundtrack.

Mission control isn't supposed to be telling us what to do, we are just the passengers (part of the "Easy Space Travel" theme). We just overhear the com chat going on between mission control and Space Station 77. Hence the reason why "SS77, this is mission control. We are initiating power transfer in 3... 2... 1..." Of course, they do welcome us back at the end, but not as trained pilots on a mission, simply as Space Travelers.

• Minion

^ kk I wouldn't want to change it just had an idea

• Iron-Clad Allie

There's no reason your Mission: Space-esque role playing idea wouldn't proove popular ..if it an option to the regular ride, and subject to unani"mouse" approval of everyone in any particular rocket. What a brilliant mind you have! It would be great fun to control some of the rides effects and components by butten pushing teamwork.

Can't wait to hear the rest of your idea, Dlandclub.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Mysteries and Magic

Great Idea!