Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Gumball Rally/ Mouseplanet

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That would be Disney, since they are the ones opening the park at 8am.
    Heck, the "Practice" Gumball Rally could have started AFTER the Noon Meet and go to say, 5 or 6 PM..... When has Disney ever told MiceChat what to do Well, except for the "classic" answer.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Heck, the "Practice" Gumball Rally could have started AFTER the Noon Meet and go to say, 5 or 6 PM..... When has Disney ever told MiceChat what to do Well, except for the "classic" answer.
    I just know for me, if the Practice Rally would have ended that late, we wouldn't be able to do it. That work/school thing on Monday's will get you everytime.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

We wanted to start it at the same time of day that the full Rally starts so people would know what it is like to wrangle your team at that hour. It is also possible to get far more attractions completed in that first hour or two.

The event finishes at the Noon Meet which allows us to have a built in cheering squad for the teams as they finish.

It was just the best time to hold this particular event.

Don't want to scare anyone off. While 7am sounds early, it is also a GREAT time to be at the resort. Nice and cool, not crowded, easy to relax and get where you are going.

We hope you'll all come out and join us. The event is FREE. But we would like you to register MiceChat Store (Powered by CubeCart) so we know how many event packets to prepare.

This is just a fun little 4 hour event. The perfect way to spend a morning. You can be a member of ANY site (or none at all) and don't need to be a MiceChat member to participate. And since the event is free, we hope you'll come out and join us. Everyone is welcome.

-Dusty

(NOTE: Some folks are getting tripped up at the end of the registration where it tells you to pay via PayPal. Since the event is FREE, you don't need to worry about that step. We are doing our best to confirm all entries within 12 hours via email or phone. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or need help signing up.)
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I just know for me, if the Practice Rally would have ended that late, we wouldn't be able to do it. That work/school thing on Monday's will get you everytime.
    We were originally going to hold the event on Saturday April 25th. Since it was a free event and the 25th is a blockout day, we moved it to Sunday the 26th so that the event would be open to everyone.

I like the early start time and I love that it is ending just in time for the Noon Meet. There are members of our MC community who will be attending their first Noon Meet after participating in the Practice Rally.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    I like the early start time and I love that it is ending just in time for the Noon Meet. There are members of our MC community who will be attending their first Noon Meet after participating in the Practice Rally.
    OK, life is life, and you can't please everyone.... But it is a fact that not everyone is a "morning" person.

IMHO, I would prefer "Moonlight Madness"

So call me Grumpy, but planning to wake up on a SUNDAY before 5 AM to get ready is not my "dream".

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    We were originally going to hold the event on Saturday April 25th. Since it was a free event and the 25th is a blockout day, we moved it to Sunday the 26th so that the event would be open to everyone.

For me and my girlfriend, it will be out first noon meet after the practice rally. I am not a morning person, but I think early is the best way to do it, that is what I was told I think by my girlfriend.

• Here's my 2 cents

IMHO, I would prefer "Moonlight Madness" .
    I'm a morning person so no problem for me, but this "moonlight madness" thing actually sounds like a fun idea to persue
    Last edited by tomrules1955; 04-23-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

OK, life is life, and you can't please everyone.... But it is a fact that not everyone is a "morning" person.

IMHO, I would prefer "Moonlight Madness"

So call me Grumpy, but planning to wake up on a SUNDAY before 5 AM to get ready is not my "dream".
    We are very excited that people who aren't necessarily morning people are excited enough about both the Practice and Gumball Rallies show up early to participate in the events. It shows a great dedication to the fun of the events as well as supporting MiceChat.

I am very excited about meeting all the Rally participants this Sunday!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    I'm a morning person so no problem for me, but this "moonlight madness" thing actually sounds like a fun idea to persue
    I was making an inside joke... "Minnie's Moonlight Madness" is a CM event, and was the start of the "quests" in the parks.

Kevin Yee came up with MouseAdventure, using Moonlight Madness as a "guide", and was the "first" event of its type for "guests" (aka Internet users).

Our own Circarama came up with the GREAT idea for the Gumball Rally, and has become a CLASSIC event.

It is amazing how much time and effort is placed on events like the Gumball Rally, MouseAdventure and other similar events. I have worked on them in the past (this time I am going to be a participant in the Gumball Rally!) and KUDOS to all of those who have spent the MASSIVE amount of hours to make the event FUN! for everyone.

(And I have NO inside info on the event on Sunday.... Just me, my "cutie" Lisa and my camera).

I am sure that many people frequent both sites. This weekend I will be puzzle solving and blister creating for the MP event. I am bummed that I won't get a practice round in for the Gumball Rallye but I am fired up to come back down next month to take another shot of "doing it all!"

Darkbeer - I feel your pain about early morning starts!
    The Mur

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Is it possible to see how the packet are even if are not participating in the event?
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

•   

Preaching to the choir brother....

But I work at 5:30am on weekdays anyway, so wont be too bad... Only one day to sleep in!
    Look forward to seeing everyone Sunday!

• Goofy

ent.

Don't want to scare anyone off. While 7am sounds early, it is also a GREAT time to be at the resort. Nice and cool, not crowded, easy to relax and get where you are going.

and peter pan line will be short by then.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post

and peter pan line will be short by then.
    idk, are there magical mornings on Sundays?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    idk, are there magical mornings on Sundays?
    Yes, the easy way to remember, "T and S", Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

And that was an "S", there are no days of the week that begin with "A"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast