• Sock Puppet

Going to Disneyland on June 12-15!

Okay, so my friend and I are going to Disneyland the day after school let's out. I've been a numerous amount of times, but I really want to enjoy other things then just rides. What else can I do in the parks thats fun? Something that no one really does. I'd love to play musical chairs for fun, and stuff like that. Oh and what foods should I try? I always stick to churros and quick lunches :P
    Thanks!
    (Oh, and i'll make sure to make a trip report with lots of pictures)

Re: Going to Disneyland on June 12-15!

I've been working on doing all the things that I usually miss by only going on rides that I like. All the times I'd been to Disneyland, I'd never once ridden the Omnibus, Firetruck, Horseless carriage, and I somehow had the idea that they cost extra but they don't so there was no excuse to miss them. It's great taking a ride on the Main Street vehicles!
    Tom Sawyer of course is something that might be missed by some, and it's fun to roam around the island. The canoes, Mark Twain, and Columbia are also nice and the wait time isn't usually very long, even on busy weekends.
    Over in CA I finally ventured further and found the Bugs Life area is cute and fun, and how had I missed the Midway all this time?

As for food, I'm a vegetarian but I had thought I was limited and I'm not. There's a great gumbo place over in NOS that has meaty in meatless varieties, and the other restaurants over there have good food too. Last weekend I had a veggie Po' Boy with baked beans and coleslaw. Yum! Bengal BBQ over in Adventureland has some yummy stuff on a stick (and their veg stick is SOOO good), and of course you gotta have a Dole Whip. Tomorrowland has some options too that I need to explore. There's so much stuff to try, and you can try most of it and still have room at the end of the day for a churro!

I think with a few days, you'll be able to roam around at your leisure and find lots of fun things that might normally have been overlooked. Get your reasearch on, and find the things you've missed!

• Banned User

Hmm I have a few suggestions.. Try to check out Pixar Play Parade and CASP. They're awesome and one of my favorite non-ride things to do when I'm there. Also try the Chicken Fusilli at Redd Rockets Pizza Port. It's amazing. There are many people here who know what I'm talking about.

Oh! And over in CA...I can't remember the name of the building/ feature, but it's on the way to Tower of Terror on the right. It's an obscure looking building and I never had gone inside because I was always on my way to the Tower in a hurry. But once inside, you can do Talking with Crush, which is funny, and you can visit Beasts Library (totally rad) and find out which Disney character you are. But the best thing there in my opinion is the Zoetrope, hidden off to the side. You've got to see that thing in action. And that whole building is nice and airy and crowd free. A nice place to "get away" and have some fun!

• Sock Puppet

Oh that's sounds like so much fun! Thanks guys I'll try that stuff.