Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

• Creative Director

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

^And my guess is it's not so much just a budget issue as to why Remember is going down earlier than expected. The other rumors involved newer management wanting to scale back fireworks shows so they don't shut down certain areas of the park, and are more easily seen by all areas within the park.
    That very well may be the more important reason as to why things are changing out now.

And the bigger question is - does a show have to be as physically big as Remember to be a great fireworks show?
    Should it not be more in the creativity involved, concepts, ideas, and execution that make a great production...?

or is it just size?

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Finally...a new Dragon since 1992

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I see what you mean now. I actually don't visit the parks very often, and I have only seen the show a couple of times, and I am just saying that something new is always welcome for me.
    Are you sure about that? How about stripping out PotC and putting in a Hannah Montana takes New Orleans ride? Not all change is good.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by redjag View Post
    I don't post much, but after reading all of these posts, I thought I would chime in. First on this show being a "down grade." It may not be useing the hub or castle launch site (or not as much so) and be a shorter show, but it will open up paths and should relieve congestion. It will also not rely so much on hub viewing, and theoretically be seen from anywhere in the park. Some things went down, others up, so I'll call it a draw untill I see it.
    Actually we don't know that the new show will open up any new pathways, and it still sounds hub centric in Davison's presentation with even a new flying Dumbo that everyone will camp out in the hub to see. And I'd bet that all the FL dark rides will still be shut right before and after the fireworks. That doesn't sound like a draw to me, but more like a downgraded show with little gain. I'll be happy to be proven wrong when the show comes out and it's great or even close to being as good as Remember, but I doubt it.

Anyone else think that maybe, just maybe, with such a huge focus on locals this summer, that FrSa will return to 1AM closings?

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    ^And my guess is it's not so much just a budget issue as to why Remember is going down earlier than expected. The other rumors involved newer management wanting to scale back fireworks shows so they don't shut down certain areas of the park, and are more easily seen by all areas within the park.
    That very well may be the more important reason as to why things are changing out now.

And the bigger question is - does a show have to be as physically big as Remember to be a great fireworks show?
    Should it not be more in the creativity involved, concepts, ideas, and execution that make a great production...?

or is it just size?
    I think originality is the key.

YOGO WHIPI

You only get out what you put in.

If Disney puts in less, it gets less out. If it does things to the best of its ability, it is sure to be a great show. The pre-design elements don't really hint to that in full however, when little things are dropped along the way, the magic of Disney kinda seems to fade.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Are you sure about that? How about stripping out PotC and putting in a Hannah Montana takes New Orleans ride? Not all change is good.
    Okay.. but this isn't a classic Walt Disney-built attraction we're talking about. New entertainment is always a good thing. That's why we don't have the same TV shows being made forever, or the same movies in theaters forever.

• It's all about Theme!

^

No, not all entertainment.

Light Magic anyone? Parade of the Stars? Disney Afternoon Live? Videopolis?
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• Senior Minion

^^ Endless cheap animated DVD sequels? Nemo the movie followed by Nemo-the-movie underwater? Endless Pirate sequels? Pooh the quality ride followed by Pooh the cheap knockoff ride? Swiss Family Treehouse replaced by Tarzan's Plastic Mannequin Walkthru? A successfully functioning monorail system replaced by a broken down fleet of saunas on wheels?

Where's this "New Disney Stuff That's Always a Good Thing?"

There's a reason a lot of fans wince when they hear "new" and "Disneyland" used in the same sentence -- and it's not because they don't want change!
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-27-2009 at 06:46 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

And I'd bet that all the FL dark rides will still be shut right before and after the fireworks.
    Correct. It is my understanding that, since all the FL dark rides are housed in the same building as the castle, fire safety rules mandate them closing.

This reduced show will gain little in terms of crowd control. It's Disney's way of spinning them going cheap.

Maybe "Magical" will be a good show, who knows, but it is cost-cutting.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    ^^ Endless cheap animated DVD sequels? Nemo the movie followed by Nemo-the-movie underwater? Endless Pirate sequels? Pooh the quality ride followed by Pooh the cheap knockoff ride? Swiss Family Treehouse replaced by Tarzan's Plastic Mannequin Walkthru? A successfully functioning monorail system replaced by a broken down fleet of saunas on wheels?

Where's this "New Disney Stuff That's Always a Good Thing?"

There's a reason a lot of fans wince when they hear "new" and "Disneyland" used in the same sentence -- and it's not because they don't want change!
    You really got it right there!
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• Yo!

FYI, LaughingPlace has the entire "What's Next" presentation for your viewing pleasure.

A few noteworthy observations:

- The "new" DEP soundtrack is indeed an enhanced version from Tokyo.
    - Magical's soundtrack is being recorded with an 80-piece orchestra and choir, so it looks like they won't be reusing too much material (if any at all).
    - At least according to Steven (and he's not usually one to lie), Magical's finale will be one of the biggest Disney has ever done.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Addicted to Disneyhol

Actually we don't know that the new show will open up any new pathways, and it still sounds hub centric in Davison's presentation with even a new flying Dumbo that everyone will camp out in the hub to see. And I'd bet that all the FL dark rides will still be shut right before and after the fireworks. That doesn't sound like a draw to me, but more like a downgraded show with little gain. I'll be happy to be proven wrong when the show comes out and it's great or even close to being as good as Remember, but I doubt it.
    I guess I should have used "may" in place of "will. " in some of my sentences. What I ment by draw is that taking in the rumors, (and really that's all we have) I'm not ready to call it a downgrade yet. I can't really know until the show starts and I experience it, and even then we will all have different opinions on how much each change was "worth" it.

I love RDCT and have the show memorized (I knew when a shell was missing or was changed. Kinda obsesive I know) and I guess I'm looking forward to memorizing this new one because I'm really excited for it.
    Hello. I'm redjag and I'm a Disneyholic. I am addicted to Disneyhol.

• All? NO, ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    - The "new" DEP soundtrack is indeed an enhanced version from Tokyo
    R.I.P. Electrical Parade
    1972 - 2009

I hate HATE HATE the DreamLights soundtrack compared to the original. It's annoying. Funny how in the video on LaughingPlace, they say it's still "electrosynthemagnetic". There's really not that much "synth" to it when it's mostly orchestrated.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    FYI, LaughingPlace has the entire "What's Next" presentation for your viewing pleasure.

A few noteworthy observations:

- The "new" DEP soundtrack is indeed an enhanced version from Tokyo.

Yes, yes, YES! Anything from Tokyo is welcomed in my book. LOVE Dreamlights, NEVER miss it when I go to the park!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast