Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

• is too darn hot.

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

I have no animosity towards the parade. Just it's crappy music.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Why do people always have to find something to complain about? No need to get upset over music you don't like. At least they're not doing away with the parade.

First it was Parade of Dreams, then remember, now music from a parade..

• Banned User

As much as I love Remember and will be sad to see it go, I can't wait for something new. I love how Disneyland is always changing and evolving, whether it's new entertainment, re-themes, plusses - whatever - it keeps things fresh. This new show sounds like it will have it's moments and I'm not going to judge it until I get to see it with my own eyes.

I am SO excited for the additions to Fantasmic! SO excited. Fantasmic! has to be my favorite show there and the dragon looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see it in action.

I'm kind of impartial to DEP. Sure, it was a cute show, sure I remember it when I was a kid, but it's not memorable enough for me to nitpick about floats or music. Hopefully, this will bring a bit of new life into parade and who knows, maybe I'll be impressed enough to see it more than once this summer.

i dont know but, im just really bothered that they are using music from Tokyo Disneyland, The electrical parade music is different from Tokyo's and i just don't see how this is going to fit as they have very different floats like a Beauty & the Beast Unit, Bugs Life, Winnie the Pooh, Toy Story, and Its a Small World, especially the "To Honor America Unit" unless they re-recorded a new version to fit in with the new Dreamligts version?. In a way the new Tink float will be what Dreamlights is in Tokyo but will seem odd with all the other floats from the Original Parade. As for magical well, the "its magical" theme song was used in Tokyo Disneyland's 10th Anniversary Castle Show (by the same name "Its Magical!"), and Epcots "Splashtacular" what they did was cut up and edit refrences to those old shows re-worded some things and did a new recording of Eden's Vocals and new Disney Theme Songs. Still it will fit in perfectly with the new show.

• Creative Director

I don't think there is going to be any issue logistically when using the Dreamlights music in this new updated DEP.
    Yes, the two productions have different float units...but I am sure the master recordings are all separated - main theme, underliner, individual float unit music, etc. The professionals they have in the studio will be able to do all sorts of things with that...and they will probably have to come up with new float unit music for the units that are in DEP and not Tokyo's Dreamlights. It's not as if they are just cutting and pasting the cd soundtrack like a fanboy would when making some amateur mix. These are professionals with all sorts of seperated master source recordings we're talking about...

• Collision speed....FULL!

As someone who has listened to the original EP music from a 33 rpm record over and over and over and over and over and has a bit of nostalgia for it...I'm neutral on the situation on the music at this time. From that quick, unfinished, sample snippet from that YouTube video, it sounds basically the same tome; only it has a different texture and feel, but is essentially the same. It sounds more fuller, with higher highs and lower lows with the same cheerful melody from what I can tell; contrary to the exaggerated comments that it's "heartless" and "cold". I'm not going to jump the gun like the common poster here until I hear the music broadcasted over the park speakers for myself. There may be more tweaks and changes to be made, plus the overlay of the unit themes and dialogue still needs to be added. It's unfair to judge a whole music score from that short sample. It's like watching that bootleg X-Men movie and thinking that's what it's gonna be.

To me, it's a situation that is pretty much deals with what one is use to. It's like when WDW changed the Carousel of Progress theme from the classic "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" to the that terrible "The Best Time Of Your Life" song. I was disappointed to hear that they completely changed it. Then by popular demand, the original song was restored, and some people complained that they replaced the theme song ("The Best Time Of Your Life") with "that awful song" "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". It's a matter of what you're use to, and with folks who have listened to the MSEP theme for 3 decades, I can see the resistance to change.

Who knows, the new version might grow on me. But at this point in time, it's too early to tell.

Just my .02 dollar.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Eventually people are going to get bored of Remember and want something new. People should at least be happy Disney is giving us something fresh to enjoy at the parks. Isn't that what Disneyland is about? Always changing and getting new things. Sometimes they aren't always better, but things change.

I am starting to believe people don't want to let go of Remember. just like with Parade of Dreams.
    Speaking of rehashing/non original.
    Parade of dreams took the music and basically (except a few added new words and Part of Walt's speeches....which I loved and always got to me) all the words from Brother Bear. I think since most people don't watch Brother Bear all the time, the song is not remembered from the movie.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

I'm really excited, it's about time there was a new dragon, but I will miss RDCT, but I'm not going to say any opinion about the new fireworks show until I see it.

• Minion

Great update! Can't wait for the new stuff to start. But it doesn't specify where the electrical parade will be. In Disneyland, or DCA?

Also, it's awesome that Eden Espinosa is going to sing the song(s) for the new fireworks. Becka and I saw her in Wicked here in Hollywood, and she was really good. Not as good as Idena, still really good.

What about these POD summer return rumors? From what I have been hearing from friends it sounds pretty promising! I was told there will be several changes made and it will be a day time only performance. Can anyone verify this? Either these rumors I have been hearing are false or plans are being kept on the D/L.

• Indy's Girl

Great. I never truly got to see Remember. Now it looks as if I won't. Wah.

It all sounds great, though. A little bummed about Remember, but I'll live.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    What about these POD summer return rumors? From what I have been hearing from friends it sounds pretty promising! I was told there will be several changes made and it will be a day time only performance. Can anyone verify this? Either these rumors I have been hearing are false or plans are being kept on the D/L.
    Whatever they do, they need to get rid of the crappy parade they have in Disneyland right now.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314