Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• The Dudester

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Does anyone remember when computers first started to become "gaming machines" in like '96? They had those horrible 3D games with ****-poor stone wall graphics? While I may be ultra excited for the new show, this publicity art is awful.

Did they have a contest where the worst rendition gets picked for a REAL AD?!

Please explain!
    I didn't even care to look at the graphic until you guys pointed it out. So I scrolled up to look and literally laughed out loud! That picture is pure comedy!

• The Z is the new E ticket

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    I didn't even care to look at the graphic until you guys pointed it out. So I scrolled up to look and literally laughed out loud! That picture is pure comedy!

I'm glad we're not the only ones.

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by Zticket View Post
    I'm glad we're not the only ones.
    It reminds of the final stage of the old Nickelodeon game show Nick Arcade! Did anyone watch that? The little Mickey in the corner especially cracks me up!

• The Z is the new E ticket

Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    It reminds of the final stage of the old Nickelodeon game show Nick Arcade! Did anyone watch that? The little Mickey in the corner especially cracks me up!
    no I don't remember that one.

what seems to be wrong in this picture?
    Last edited by Zticket; 04-24-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Hopefully the new scaled back Fireworks show is temporary until a new show for the 55th (or, better yet, an improved upon RDCT). The PR kind of hints it is summer-only. We can only hope.

RDCT is truly worth the crowd control.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Let's hope "Magical" lives up to its name. It has BIG shoes to fill. But I think they know they need to put together a great show. Steve Davidson is a real talent and I'm sure it will be great.

I'm not quite as excited about the Electrical Parade and Fantasmic enhancements. I think it is great that Disney is doing this, but to promote it as a reason to come to the resort this summer??? When I have the carpets cleaned at home or buy some new chairs, I don't invite everyone over for a party. It is just something you do to keep things looking fresh.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Fancy that...

The publicity art looks all screwed up...but if that's what the dragon's gonna look like, i'm excited!

• Addicted to MC since '08

Quote Originally Posted by Zticket View Post
    no I don't remember that one.

what seems to be wrong in this picture?
    Wow.. in a rush were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    nope... the new show will be scaled back so that more walkways will be open for guests... also this means that the show wont be so easily affected by wind as was RDCT. It also mean that less CMs will be needed to work the guest control and mostly likely the one way traffic roundabout will be a thing of the past.
    Youre kidding yourself if you actually believe this. Circle Flow is going no where just because Fantasyland and Matterhorn Way is opened up. Also, dont count on it being any less likely that the show will be cancelled equally as much as Remember, due to winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    When I have the carpets cleaned at home or buy some new chairs, I don't invite everyone over for a party. .
    No, no you wouldn't. But if you bought a new big screen TV, people typically do. I find this more in line with that.

• The Dudester

^^^^

I understand what Dusty's saying, but I agree with you. I could see if they simply refurbished a ride and added nothing new, per se... and then they turned around and advertised it as part of a summer spectacular. That would be odd. While these aren't monumental new additions to the park, they are something worth advertising.
    Last edited by LLCMC; 04-24-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Sounds like a decent lineup. I will have to plan another trip. I love the Park in the summer.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Am I the only one who thinks "Summer Nightastic!" is the dumbest name ever given to anything, good or bad, that Disney has offered?

Come on Disney. Just call it Summer Nights! I'm even allowing you to use the useless exclamation mark that you all find so tempting in all of your marketing.

Summer Nights! goes right to the point. It's easy to remember. And, please forgive me, but to be honest Nightastic just sounds wrong.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    But she won’t be alone in the sky this summer. Dumbo will make his surprise airborne debut in the new show. Tink’s sparkling touch awakens a fantastic array of Disney’s most magical characters, from Pinocchio to Mary Poppins to Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother, and the Three Good Fairies from “Sleeping Beauty.”
    I'm gonna cry. I just know it.
    Rick

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm headed to the wrong coast. All of that sounds really exciting. I look forward to MiceChatter's telling me all about this, and posting a lot of pictures.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast