Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Come on Disney. Just call it Summer Nights! I'm even allowing you to use the useless exclamation mark that you all find so tempting in all of your marketing.

Summer Nights! goes right to the point. It's easy to remember. And, please forgive me, but to be honest Nightastic just sounds wrong.
    Sea World does "Summer Nights" and advertises heavily.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

So, still no word about any real parade in DL this summer.

Pixie Hollow needed something better done with water in the area, glad they are enhancing the ponds.

F! new dragon will be interesting to see - I'm hoping it will live up to the hype. Somehow, I'm not sure if Flotsam and Jetski will fit into F!, but I'm interested in seeing how well they will work. That segment has been lacking something ever since the Ursula barge left. What I'm hoping for are some other unannounce surprises. The Pinnochio under water segment always drags on forever - hopefully they will all some interest that segment, too.

New fireworks, should be interesting to see how Dumbo works out. To even do Dumbo - the really need to make him at least the size of a real elephant - maybe an inflatable suit with some puppetronics? I'll be interesting in hearing the new score for this show, too. It's going to be a much more important fact than in the previous show.

MSEP - oy! No Blue Fairy is a mistake. Looking forward to her new float. But I can't say the same for the Pinnochio float - If they wanted to add one of the newer movies, this would have been their opportunity to do so - quite frankly I would have much rather had the Little Mermaid instead, and they could have brought back the "under water bubbly music" that used to be in the MSEP - I've REALLY missed that from the parade. And as for the new Tink Float - NOT looking forward to that at all- keep Tink in DL. Give the Blue Fairy back her rightful spot.

Overall , it looks like a mixed bag of low level improvements. I would expect a couple to be nice, a couple to miss the mark, and a couple to be just an ok addition, but nothing to write home about.

Oh, and I agree, Nights Fantasmic?!!?!? uugggghhh! brought to you by the same team that dreamt up the name "streetacular". They SHOULD just call it Summer Nights at Disneyland - rolls off the tougue much easier, and get to the point. (Pinhead marking gurus, ugggh!)

I'll be interested in checking these out, to see how accurate my estimates are.

It is listed on the official Disneyland website that the EP soundtrack will be remastered.

Summer Nightastic at the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    So, still no word about any real parade in DL this summer.
    I heard from a CM there was a high percentage of POD coming back this summer as a refreshed version. I would guess the return will be kept on the down-low until summer arrives then all the sudden we may hear something about its return. Fingers crossed.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Who is that giving the presentation? Steve Davison...or someone else?
    Footage anywhere?

Sounds exciting! Looking forward to all of it.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• future hatter :P

Red Face Re: Disneyland's Summer Nightastic announced: New fireworks, Fantasmic! enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    Who is that giving the presentation? Steve Davison...or someone else?
    Footage anywhere?
    Heres a video of Steve Davison giving the presentation of the ending of the show:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZOrS-hyaI]YouTube - Acting out Finale from "Magical" fireworks show[/ame]

IMO the music sounds WAY too cheesy, although I do like that they made an original song.
    ~*~ RIP PARADE OF DREAMS~*~

• A Weather Eye Open

does this mean we'll get to walk through pixie hollow at night? will tink and her hours-long line be there too, or will it be somewhat of a lovely park to stroll through? i haven't seen the area yet and would like too; i'm just too scared of getting in trouble to hop in when it's closed for the evening.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkid View Post
    Heres a video of Steve Davison giving the presentation of the ending of the show:

YouTube - Acting out Finale from "Magical" fireworks show

IMO the music sounds WAY too cheesy, although I do like that they made an original song.
    LOL I love his presentation!

I actually really like the music! Its very "Disney".

• Animation Domination

Sounds good.
    Summer is usually busy with crowds having a new firework show will make the park have more crowds.
    "You are watching FOX"

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The D23 website has some further details on the Summer Nightastic! offerings -- I've bolded some interested parts that give more detail on the new and updates shows:

DISNEYLAND RESORT CELEBRATES SUMMER NIGHTASTIC!
    04.24.09 - Disneyland Resort will glow like never before this summer as it debuts an all-new fireworks show, Magical, along with beloved characters and sensational new effects that will brighten the Summer Nightastic!

Guests can see Disneyland Resort in a whole new light as Summer Nightastic! brings nighttime shows and parades to life — bigger, better and brighter. A huge new dragon and other special effects enhance the magestic Fantasmic!. Explosive surprises will illuminate the night sky in the all-new fireworks spectacular, Magical. Guests can rock the night away at a new dance club in Tomorrowland. And sparkling new magic comes to Disney's Electrical Parade, as well as to Pixie Hollow, the enchanting home Tinker Bell inhabits with her fairy friends.

"When the sun goes down, things are going to light up!" says Jill Estorino, senior vice president, Domestic Parks Marketing. "This summer, we're piling up the magic even more."

A BOLDER FANTASMIC!: New thrills galore will arrive at the popular Fantasmic! on the Rivers of America in Frontierland. The evil Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty transforms into a brand-new, 40-foot tall, fully animated, fire-breathing dragon. She'll have flapping wings, a moving head and mouth and, at 10,000 pounds, she had to be helicoptered in to the Park! Ursula the Sea Witch from The Little Mermaid will introduce her pet eels, Flotsam and Jetsam, who slither into the show with new power. "They come right up to the sea wall and look you right in the eye!" says Show Director Carla Carlile. And with the help of HD technology — high definition, not Huge Dragon! — the Fantasmic! video projections practically leap off the giant mist screens. During the Captain Hook pirate ship scene, look for a newly animated crocodile, who now even snaps at Captain Hook!

AN EXPLODING CELEBRATION IN THE SKY: Magical is a new Disney fireworks spectacular created especially to celebrate Summer Nightastic! at Disneyland. Tinker Bell is once again your host, waving her wand to ignite the brilliant color, stunning special effects and charming music. But she won't be alone in the sky this summer. Dumbo will make his surprise airborne debut in the new show. Tink's sparkling touch awakens a fantastic array of Disney's most magical characters, from Pinocchio to Mary Poppins to Cinderella's Fairy Godmother and the Three Good Fairies from Sleeping Beauty (wait 'til you see Flora and Merryweather engaged in colorful overhead battle between their signature colors, pink and blue!). Powerhouse vocalist Eden Espinosa, a longtime singer at Disneyland who starred in the Broadway production of BKLYN and also played Elphaba in Wicked, sings Magical's theme song as well as classic Disney tunes like "Baby Mine." Other songs included in this extravaganza include "Second Star to the Right" from Peter Pan, "Hi-diddle-dee (An Actor's Life for Me)" from Pinocchio, "Jolly Holiday" from Mary Poppins and "So This is Love" from Cinderella. Longtime Disneyland composer Greg Smith supplies the score.

NEW FLOATS BRING FRESH MAGIC TO DISNEY'S ELECTRICAL PARADE: Everything about Disney's Electrical Parade will have a new glow as Tinker Bell leads the way, waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new opening parade float. "A fairy's magic lights the way," reveals Denny Newell, senior show director. The parade's beloved music and floats will feature electrifying audio and lighting technologies, with sparkling pixie dust added to all the parade floats. Returning to the parade this summer as well, after several years' absence, are Snow White's Diamond Mine float and two Pleasure Island floats from Pinocchio. "Because of LED technology," explains Denny, "we can do a lot more fun programming." In fact, thanks to LEDs, the Cheshire cat will disappear just like in the movie. Though the Blue Fairy float that used to open the parade has gone on hiatus, Guests with a keen eye will notice that the center mast of Captain Hook's pirate ship is now a foot-and-a-half taller.

AN EXCITING NEW DANCE CLUB 'IGNITES THE NIGHT' IN TOMORROWLAND: Tweens, teens and families will be drawn to the TLT Dance Club at Tomorrowland Terrace in Disneyland. Dazzling décor will include an illuminated DJ console where the TLT Dance Club DJ will spin the hottest dance tunes, guaranteed to keep Tomorrowland rockin' all night. Live bands and the hottest Southern California radio stations will appear on select nights throughout the summer.

PIXIE HOLLOW ENCHANTMENT: Tinker Bell and her friends have been welcoming guests into their Pixie Hollow home, tucked into the glen near the entrance to Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, since fall of 2008. This summer, for the first time, nighttime visitors will find magical surprises as Pixie Hollow and the nearby pond come to life in iridescent light shows. Pixie dust cascades across the landscape and radiates down into the pond. Even the water becomes enchanted as playful fountains spring to life, water jets perform with whimsical precision, and sparkling strobes shine throughout Pixie Hollow. For those who haven't visited the Hollow before, as guests enter Tink's domain, they will notice the flora around them growing bigger and bigger — as they shrink to the size of a fairy. "We call the effect, 'the Monsanto tunnel,' laughs Denny, referencing the now-defunct Disneyland Journey Thru Innerspace attraction.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    LOL I love his presentation!

I actually really like the music! Its very "Disney".

yeah!
    I just can't wait for June 12!

• Yo!

So it looks like the rest of DEP is getting converted to LED's after all. Nice!!

Though I'm confused why they're bragging about Captain Hook's mast getting taller...
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Thanks for posting the video!

Anyone have the full presentation?
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• =)

Boy...the names keep getting more and more creative. A fireworks show called..."Magical." That's really gonna reel in the folks who normally avoid the parks because they think Disney is too saccharine...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast