Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Opening day for the Food and Wine Festival

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    We went out for the first day of the Festival today. And, for the most part it was pretty disappointing. With Fortune Cookie being worked on there was no place like there was last year to try several different foods. Therefore no lobster pops, mushroom risotto, cheese soup in a bread bowl, skewers, etc.. The food was spread around to different restaurants with each having one item. Unfortunately, some of the restaurants only put the menu inside by the register so, unless you're looking for it, you have no idea that something special is available. The "Festival Wine Walk" was a bit of a joke. First at 11 when it was supposed to open the "Wines of the World" one still had no glasses and was not at all prepared. There were 12 CMs there but it was hard to get the attention of even one as they were busy talking amongst themselves. When it finally opened about 45 minutes late the "walk" consisted of four tables about three feet apart where you get your choice of three or four wines. The price is $10 for four one ounce pours. Even worse here was the fact that they were using the new plastic wine glasses which are just badly designed for a good wine experience. It is almost impossible to get a good nose from the wine in these glasses, almost a total waste of good wine. The California Wine Walk was still not open at 12:15 though it said 11 for an opening time.
    I went also on Friday and I think also too it was pretty disappointing. I went to Epcot last year and I don't understand why they cant have it some what close to the Epcot Festival, It is the same company. They have a very nice system at Epcot it would be nice to see it used at DCA.

Wow, I'm so bummed the white cheddar soup in bread bowl has bacon. I don't remember it having bacon last year, anyone else? I could eat it, but I'd been raving about it to my brother and now he won't be able to eat it. Thanks for the warning!

Cool Re: Opening day for the Food and Wine Festival

I tried the white cheddar cheese bowl last year and found it too salty. Might try the chicken tamales this time. My cousin and I paid for reservations for the first Sweet Sunday May 3 and are hoping for the best. At least we get to taste 3 different sweets and I'm hoping for at least one chocolate sweet. Participants are promised a "light breakfast buffet" beforehand and don't know what to expect.

It seems there's more emphasis on beers and wines this year. I don't see as many food demos being offered as last year. Are there champagne tastings this year?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by shagadelic View Post
    Wow, I'm so bummed the white cheddar soup in bread bowl has bacon. I don't remember it having bacon last year, anyone else? I could eat it, but I'd been raving about it to my brother and now he won't be able to eat it. Thanks for the warning!
    yes, it had bacon last year. I don't eat bacon (beef or pork) so when I taste it I know it instantly.

• The one, the only...

I think that Disney forgot to add the "festival" ingredient to this. At Epcot during their food and wine festival, it is fun to go to the distinctively decorated booths and sample the food from each nation. As Monorail Man suggested slapping up a few booths with colorful signs and a refillable pass card to swipe is the way to go.

This just has to be fun when tasting the different offerings. I just don't think Disney gets that!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Vasooki-land Owner

Great pictures! Espccially of the Fun Wheel.
    I had the Chicken Panzarotti at Pizza Oom Mow Mow yesterday, and it was very good. :P
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123