Disneyland Project

Hi all, I need your help!! I am taking Digital Photo and have a report due I am taking photos of disneyland!! you all take such amazing photos!! do you have any tips on how i can take really good pics? all so what is your thoughts on the astro-orbitor? i think it is astep in thge right direction!

• =)

Re: Disneyland Project

These are mostly just technical tips - the artistic side of things is more subjective, and there are others who are a lot better at that than me anyway.

* Don't use flash. Like, at all. There are cases when it's useful, but as far as I can tell, taking artistic photos at Disneyland doesn't involve any of 'em.

* If you're taking photos in dark areas, do as much as possible to stabilize the camera. A tripod is ideal; if you don't have one with you, even leaning against a wall or setting the camera on a flat surface can help.

* Know how to control the shutter speed, and know how slow you personally can shoot handheld without significant blur. The general rule of thumb is no slower than 1 divided by the focal length - e.g. no slower than 1/100 of a second for a 100mm lens. But practically speaking, this varies widely, depending on how steady your hands are and whether or not your camera is "full frame." In any case, remember that when you're zoomed in (longer focal length), you'll need faster shutter speeds.

* Don't overexpose the sky. This will kill a beautiful shot. Know how to manually adjust the exposure on your camera, and try to expose shots as bright as you can without overexposing the sky or other significant bright areas.

* If your camera can shoot RAW, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Makes color correction a lot more flexible and effective afterward.

* Keep the ISO number down when at all possible, but if you're shooting in dark conditions and having trouble getting a sufficiently bright and clear exposure, don't be afraid to increase it. Most cameras are at least moderately good at suppressing noise in the higher ISO numbers, and you'll usually at least get less noise than if you underexpose at a lower ISO and then brighten it on the computer.

* Generally, it's easier to make a telephoto shot look nice than a wide-angle one. There's just something about the different perspective and the shallow depth-of-field that makes telephoto shots tend to look more artistic. So don't be afraid to zoom in frequently. BUT there are cases in which short focal lengths are much more appropriate and produce much more interesting shots, especially if the lens is really wide.

* Everyone's taken a photo of the front of the castle. If you want something more original, you're gonna have to look elsewhere.

Re: Disneyland Project

thank you i will keep that mnd