Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Re: Bring better food to The Land

I really don't have a problem with the burgers, but then again, I'm not much of a connoisseur. I usually get chicken tenders anyway, so I don't really notice this problem anyway. But even so, I'd rather pay $8 for a so-so meal that $15 for something that might taste better. I'd be willing to guess that if the quality of food was upped in the park, that food prices would rise as well.
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    IMO, DLR should have a way more health-conscious menu. Like use 100% organic, 100% whole grain whole wheat products that are high in protein and fiber, and make it taste good!
    I could not agree more! Food can be healthy and still be delicious. It's such a struggle finding food that is actually good for you when you go to a theme park. Though I have started to see wraps and veggie burgers as options. It would be really nice to have organic options as well and I'm sure that DLR has plenty of local growers for produce and such.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

As long as they don't use "Organic" as a codeword for "we're using that as a license to charge double for it" - Using better ingredients doesn't have to cost much more, but you can tell from the end results.

More choices is good, better choices is good, too. They do seasonal special items at some restaurants for Christmas, they need to expand that and do Spring, Summer, and Fall specials too. Remember, Disneyland has a much higher percentage of repeat visitors, and many of us are BORED TO TEARS with the offerings there now. Nothing ever changes.

And reformulate recipes and reevaluate cooking methods. I make french fries at home all the time - but instead of the deep fryer you use a convection oven and a very light spray of Pam, and suddenly they aren't bad for you. (I need a good EV Olive Oil sprayer, and they would be even better.)

And they can use a chain impingement (convection) oven to make them evenly and automatically - repurpose a chain pizza oven, just come up with a way to automatically meter the frozen fries onto the chain at the feed end.

Fresh brewed Iced Tea is cheap and easy to make (put in a fresh bag of tea and hit the Start button) and tastes good - and costs about the same per serving as the 'Bag in Box' Iced Tea from the soda fountain that tastes like burned shrubbery. And iced tea is a whole lot better for you than sodas.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Mrs. J. Depp

Bruce, you are always so insightful. I hope someone at Disney would take a cue from you.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

They should just add a Subway inside the park and place it in a few different lands so that the lines won't be outrageous. $5 footlong, i'm there!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Of course they won't - that would mean they are capable of making a mistake. City Hall doesn't even want to hear good ideas and suggestions, as proof look at the Official Policy of no longer taking written comments - they don't want someone coming back to them going "You used my suggestion, now you owe me $50,000..."

My long-standing catchphrase: "It's a great idea, but it will never happen - it would simply make too much sense..."

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12