Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have the Disneyland Blues

I visited Disneyland for the Anniversary, and had such an absolutely great time. I will never forget my first trip.

Lately on MiceChat, I have been having a lot of fun in the MiceChat Lounge.

However, I really miss Disneyland. I so wish, that I knew when I might be able to return there for a trip. I wish I was planning a trip to the Disneyland Resort. I discovered MiceChat, when I was planning my first trip.

So, I was wondering this.

For those of you, who have been there lately, could you perhaps just share a paragraph about a recent visit?

I need a dose of Disneyland.

I have the Disneyland Blues.

Thanks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: I have the Disneyland Blues

Barb you might like my story of my last visit two years ago. I have posted this elsewhere too but I love telling it.

It started about a week before my high school graduation in So Cal. anyway. we did an hour rehearsal for graduation then the seniors who paid for tickets, went to disneyland.

We get to Disneyland and guess what!!! I lived the Disneyland fans dream! I got to walk around the park BY MYSELF and do whatever I wanted all day long.

Okay so here is how it started. My English teacher and a few other teachers went with us in case there was an emergency or someone cause trouble. So when we first got there me, my friend, & my english teacher waited for her nephew to arrive (My teacher was extremely cool). So my teachers nephew finally arrived and we rode Pooh (big mistake). Then we rode big Thunder Mtn (good mistake). Then we had clam chowder bowl lunches at the french market while a live band played for us. After that we all broke up. I remember that when my and my friend arrived for Splash the line was long and at that same time 2 girls were leaving and asked if we wanted their fastpass. So we took them. Okay so now I am on my own in the park. I rode Jungle Cruise, Snow White (for the first time), pinocchio (for the first time), Shrunken Audience (First time), Splash Mtn., Space Mtn., toad, Haunted Mansion, POTC, and many other attractions. I got off Jungle Cruise 15 minutes before the park closed and noticed that Haunted Mansion's doors were opened. So I ran from Jungle Cruise straight into Haunted Mansions stretching gallery without stopping. I got off the ride right as the park was closing and crowds were leaving. From Haunted Mansions exit, I saw my teachers orange hat walking around in the big crowd on Main Street so I ran (never having to stop once! It was like a perfectly built maze!) and caught up with her and my friend. We then had dinner at the pizza restaurant and she helped me buy the "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth DVD that was being sold at World of Disney." Then we went back home. It was fun.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Barb- I just got home last night from the park and I was crying on the tram- I didn't want to leave! Right now I am uploading my pictures and planning on writing a trip report in the next few days with lots of pics (we took hundreds)

If you are patient, hopefully I can satisfy your itch...
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• CM for 4 years!

On Friday, one of the other hostesses at the Blue Bayou tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Melissa, there's someone here for you." I was visited while at work by my Aunt Vicki, who I haven't seen in at least three years! At first I didn't recognize her, but it slowly came to me.... I hugged her so hard, I didn't know what to do with myself. It was like Disneyland had brought me and my aunt from Arizona back together one more time.

And after I got off work, I immediately called her. Since I'm a cast member, I offered, PLEASE let me sign my Nana and Uncle into the park tomorrow and we can all go together. But my Nana and Uncle had already been planning to come the next day! So I got up extra early to meet them. It was heartwarming and hard at the same time.

My Uncle is a recovered schitzophrenic, and this is the first time since before he was diagnosed about 25 years ago that he's been to Disneyland. My Nana hasn't been in about 20 years. To be there with them when they did this was amazing, but also kind of hard. My Nana is over 70 years old, and while she is still every bit there mentally, she's got very bad arthritis and just recently had open heart surgery. Watching her almost fall into the boat on the Jungle Cruise, and actually have to sit down and slide into the boats at Pirates was a very hard thing for me to watch. My Uncle Bob (Aunt's husband) has also been struggling with illness himself.

But there we were, all together at Disneyland.

It's so hard for me to choose my favorite Disneyland memory, because it seems like I have a new one every day.

I wanted to do a more detailed thread about this. But maybe telling it simply is the best way.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• =)

I know how that feels. Isn't it the pits when you go home after a visit to the park and realize that your other home is still beckoning you back for another day?

I've mentioned this before on another thread. When I was in fifth grade, I believe, my parents took us to Disneyland for three days. As a Nor Cal kid, this was very exciting, of course. We had a great vacation and came back wishing it wasn't over. The next day, in school, I was so sad that I had to got to the nurse's office and call my mommy.

Yup, I know how it feels to get the Disneyland blues. I just handle it a little better now.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

MiceChatters never let me down. My MiceChat Blues are much better this Monday Morning. Don't stop with the wonderful Paragraphs, however, because someone else may also need to ease their Disneyland Blues.

• Minion

Hi.

I miss Disneyland...I was there in late August and stayed at the DL hotel concierge for 6 days..It was great. I miss Fantasyland and Pirates and I loved eating at Blue Bayou...everynight, when I watch TV I am reading a travel book on DL or looking at a DL/DCA map brochure and loking forward to my trip in mid-December...oh the holidays at DL are so special...I have the DL blues too!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Anyone who is planning a furture trip to Disneyland, is so fortunate. I just wish, that I were at least planning, a trip. That would soothe me a bit.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Anyone who is planning a furture trip to Disneyland, is so fortunate. I just wish, that I were at least planning, a trip. That would soothe me a bit.

Well, you can always plan...when do you think you would like to go?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    Well, you can always plan...when do you think you would like to go?
    That is so true.

I really want to take my grandson back to Disneyland. He was unable to accompany me on, what was my first trip. I enjoyed Disneyland so much, that I really want to expierence it with him.

Problem is, that last summer, I really overdid it on the Disney vacations. I went to WDW in June, and Disneyland in July. My vacation money is gone. I do not know, when I will save enough again. Because I live in Chicago, a trip to California is more than I might be able to afford, for a while.

So instead, it is so nice to visit on MiceChat, and read about the joyful experiences of other MiceChatters.

• Minion

That is so true.

I really want to take my grandson back to Disneyland. He was unable to accompany me on, what was my first trip. I enjoyed Disneyland so much, that I really want to expierence it with him.

Problem is, that last summer, I really overdid it on the Disney vacations. I went to WDW in June, and Disneyland in July. My vacation money is gone. I do not know, when I will save enough again. Because I live in Chicago, a trip to California is more than I might be able to afford, for a while.

So instead, it is so nice to visit on MiceChat, and read about the joyful experiences of other MiceChatters.
    Wow you went to WDW and Disneyland! Very nice..what I do is whenever I have change in my pockets I empty them into a bag and I call that bag..Disneyland savings...for my August 2005 trip...I saved up over $300...I began saving in March 2005...for this trip I am saving as well.. Since you are in Chicago...I am in NYC...I know the airfare can be high but I usually travel early in the morning...and I get a good fare....Did you stay at the DL hotel when you were at DL in July?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    Wow you went to WDW and Disneyland! Very nice..what I do is whenever I have change in my pockets I empty them into a bag and I call that bag..Disneyland savings...for my August 2005 trip...I saved up over $300...I began saving in March 2005...for this trip I am saving as well.. Since you are in Chicago...I am in NYC...I know the airfare can be high but I usually travel early in the morning...and I get a good fare....Did you stay at the DL hotel when you were at DL in July?
    We were at the Hilton Anaheim. It was very nice. A short walk over to the Timon and Pumba lot and the tram took us over to the Park. I just loved Disneyland. Love the way it is all so compact. The beautiful Disneyland on the right. California Adventure on the left, Downtown Disney straight ahead.

I will get back, I just don't know when.

• Minion

We were at the Hilton Anaheim. It was very nice. A short walk over to the Timon and Pumba lot and the tram took us over to the Park. I just loved Disneyland. Love the way it is all so compact. The beautiful Disneyland on the right. California Adventure on the left, Downtown Disney straight ahead.

I will get back, I just don't know when.

Great..sounds like you had a great trip..You will be back soon....Disneyland is more intimate than WDW.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Sorry, know how you feel. We are lucky, living near Phoenix, as we are only 4.5 hours away. We try to go 3 or 4 times a year, but only for a couple of days usually.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you over the 50th celebration.

I always hate the last day - isn't that terrible? If we have a 3 day trip planned, I even start dreading the last day on the second day. My wife tries to help, but I usually end up depressed towards the end. Although it is not as bad as it used to be, since we really like the Phoenix area.

What usually helps is thinking about the next time, which is maybe what you can do, even if you don't have a date in mind.

Also, watch your classics on DVD. Your Snow White thread has motivated us to dig out some of the classics and relive them.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Hey do you know what I just noticed? In the queue for goofy's bounce house, you see his clothes all strewn about. Well I was just watching a goofy short called "Fathers Day off" and there was an outside scene where Goofy is trying to get birds off of his clothesline and the dog is leashed to it. Anyway, the dog see a cat and chases after it causeing the clothesline to spin around in circles (like the spinning one in the line) and this causes goofy's clothes to go fling everywhere (also like in the line). It is cool how there are some elements from classic goofy cartoons that are in the bounce hosue queue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast