Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Favorite time of year, Fantasmic dark, Night Ambience at rivers of America!!

Well folks it is that magical time of year when Fantasmic is dark and the rivers of America are restored to it's former nighttime glory of days gone by before the circus came to town. While I know many people love the show of Fantasmic, you have got to admit taking a nighttime paddle wheel excursion, or a stroll in New Orleans square among the banks of the river is so magical without the madness that Fantasmic brings to this area of the park.

Not having all the areas roped off and blankets hording spots amongs the river hours in advance of the show and enjoying the peacefulness of the river while watching the ducks swimming in the water is just pure magic! I really urge people to take advantage of this special rare time and enjoy all it has to offer especially when the park is open so late! Taking the last voyage of the night at 11pm on the MarkTwain river boat is incredible, so romantic, so peaceful, enjoy it while it lasts!

Re: Favorite time of year, Fantasmic dark, Night Ambience at rivers of America!!

Ahhhhh! Love it! It is so wonderful. I wish this happened more often! BTW I wonder what the usual schedule is for this? (If there is a "usual" one?) I'm hoping next year has one of these periods between Spring Break and Summer (for my next visit!)

• no flash photography...

Re: Favorite time of year, Fantasmic dark, Night Ambience at rivers of America!!

I love when fantasmic doesn't play. I wish I had stayed longer last night. I heard the fireworks were canceled as well. It wold have been a perfect night in the park.

Here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I love when fantasmic doesn't play. I wish I had stayed longer last night. I heard the fireworks were canceled as well. It wold have been a perfect night in the park.
    it was magical for those who like more relaxed New Orleans square ambiance.

Unfortunate for the out of towners but a majority of DL guests these days are "frequent fliers/a.p holders" the fireworks and show will be back for the next trip.

• Minion

I so agree! I just love the Rivers when the Mark Twain is sailing, and the shoreline is unencumbered by people awaiting Fantasmic. There is something peaceful and calming about the area.
    While Fantasmic is a great show, there is something magical about the westside when it's not showing.
    How long is Fantasmic not showing? I'll need to get over there to enjoy the Rivers.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Yay! Back to the beauty of NOS at night!!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I can't wait until the 40 foot dragon destroys your ambiance

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    yes!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Disney Podcaster

I'm an out of towner and I love Fantasmic too, but in March it was so nice when there was nothing scheduled in the evening when Frontierland and Main Street were not roped off and people in black and gold shirts werent waving flashlights in your face telling you to keep moving and herding you into a specific area of the park.
    Looking for a great podcast about Walt Disney World and Disneyland; Check out our latest episode of WEDway Radio at http://www.wedwayradio.com

Follow WEDway Radio on Twitter

How much longer does this last? I will be at DL from the 17th-22nd of May. I am looking forward (hopefully) to enjoying the NOS I remember from when I was in Jr. High!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

It lasts until June 12th.. then the new dragon destroy's the ambiance. Can't wait

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Favorite time of year, Fantasmic dark, Night Ambience at rivers of America!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    AGREED!! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Wedway Radio View Post
    I'm an out of towner and I love Fantasmic too, but in March it was so nice when there was nothing scheduled in the evening when Frontierland and Main Street were not roped off and people in black and gold shirts werent waving flashlights in your face telling you to keep moving and herding you into a specific area of the park.
    Isn't that just magical!? Not being herded through the park like cattle and enjoying the scenery. Not tripping over a blanket laid on the ground and staked out at 2:00 in the afternoon. Pure magic.

I digress, enjoy the scenery and ambiance until June time, then all fanstamicaniacs can enjoy camping out for a blanket spot to see the show for the millionth time with a new dragon effect It's a cult event like the rocky horror picture show for gosh sakes

Seriously though, Fantasmic is a great show, very inspirational and full of fun, it just destroys the ambiance of New Orleans Square thats all. I can enjoy a couple months with the show being dark and the rest of the area still accessible including night sails on the MarkTwain.

• (Not a) New User

The rivers aren't exactly restored to its former glory, since there's new something new (kinda) on the other side, which wasn't there Fantasmic- you know what I'm about.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast