Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• TheoryOfEverythingMickey

Re: Which DL Ride/Attraction Would You Be Shocked That It Was Suddenly Closed For A Y

I'd have to say any of the roller coaster or drop rides. I'd wonder what was found that prompted the surprise shutdown. If it was some major structural flaw, those would be the most dangerous to guests.

I've thought about this before, but on a bigger scale. It's going to be a shock when the entire resort is shut down after "the big one". I'm guessing my priorities are going to be elsewhere at that time though.

Re: Which DL Ride/Attraction Would You Be Shocked That It Was Suddenly Closed For A Y

I only go once a year and there's always SOMETHING thats shutdown to me for a year. I'm never shocked. Just glad Space Mountain is back.
    Shopping:

1. www.disneystore.com
    2. http://www.mouseshoppe.com
    3. http://www.laughingplacestore.com
    4. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]

Want to learn how to live more healthy? www.losenowandkeepitoff.com for more info ([email protected])

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    I'd be shocked if the tram ride shut down for a year.
    Totally! I would be let down if a major ride was down unexpectedly, but my trip would still be fun. Walking from and to the parking structure would suck, though, especially going back after a long day.

• Hello

Smile Re: Which DL Ride/Attraction Would You Be Shocked That It Was Suddenly Closed For A Y

Matterhorn, or Indy. They are both rides that constantly have a medium to long lengthed lines. They are also two of the most masterpiece-ish rides there.

• Shag lover

Haunted Mansion.

You'd have goth kids throwing themselves in the river or committing hari kari on the lawn if it went down for a year.
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

• Cunning infiltrator

Indiana Jones Adventure Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Why? Because it is my most favorite Disneyland attraction and a Classic Blockbuster ride too!

Pirates of the Caribbean. After hearing about the changes and a long refurbishment, I was quite disappointed, but after I rode it again with the new enhancements, it is still a classic.

The Haunted Mansion. Again, this is my favorite too. In balance with Pirates.

A year is a long time, mate. Sometimes worthy to wait for.

Look what happened to Space Mountain. Every Disneyland fan and fanatic knows that.

• Delawarean Girl

Enchanted Tiki Room. That would just make me sad, if the birdie don't sing like the birdies sing, for whole year.

• Honorary Dapper Dan

Any of the rides that had recent major overhauls would be most surprising to me, such as IASW, Pirates, and Space Mountain. Everything needs a major refurb at some point, but these would be the most surprising to me since they are so recent.
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

This isn't going to be a ride or attraction, but the thing I would be shocked going down would be the background music we get while walking through the different lands and going across the parks. That would be shocking.

• Banned User

The Matterhorn.

• Merry 2014!

Nothing would be shocking. For years everytime I visited something major was in refurb. One time the train wasn't working. It was eerie. Many years in a row the Matterhorn was down. It was disappointing. I only went once a year. Now once every several years.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Banned User

I take my choice back. i would be devastated if they closed down Winnie the Pooh for a year. That ride is essentially the Disney dark ride masterpiece, and is vital to Disneylands image. I know Walt would have said out with the creepy bears and in with Pooh. It has Walt's touch all over it despite his passing. The capacity of the ride is AMAZING too, its always five minutes or less queue time thanks to its human eater capacity.

• Artistic integrity

For me .. it depends on whether the "shock" is possibly a good thing - It could be to vastly improve a ride, for all we know.
    And in some instances ... the shock could be from making possible changes that I won't like.

When 'it's a small world' closed for a year .... I was shocked .. and HORRIFIED .. because I knew what lurked in the future - those darn Disney toons!

Now .. if I hear another classic ride goes down for a year ... I'm hesitant to think .. those bone headed imagineers are off to send another ride off into "toonification!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12