Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Sad Which DL Ride/Attraction Would You Be Shocked That It Was Suddenly Closed For A Year?

You know, out of the blue, just happened.

You are in the area and entering Disneyland or on your first trip in years and you all just walk in to discover people all around you talking, whispering, in shock something has been closed for a year starting TODAY.

You tap someone on the shoulder and find out the name of the ride and/or attraction. You drop your jaw in shock and disbelief.

So what did you hear? What made you stop in your tracks, made you phone up a friend, made you gasp, made you tweet about it, made you faint in the middle of Main Street, etc.

For me it would have to be the Disneyland Railroad. I just couldn't imagine a day at Disneyland without it running, the sounds... devasting.

Now your turn.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Re: Which DL Ride/Attraction Would You Be Shocked That It Was Suddenly Closed For A Y

I'd be shocked if the tram ride shut down for a year.

• DL Obsessed

Re: Which DL Ride/Attraction Would You Be Shocked That It Was Suddenly Closed For A Y

Train WOULD be very shocking, since its been open forever.
    I'd also be pretty shocked if Autopia ever went down for a long time.

Now as far as bummed out, it'd be splash mountain and space mountain.

• Banned User

I'll say Indy, because it's the only one at the U.S. resorts. With most other E tickets, I can enjoy a version of it at WDW.

• All? NO, ALL!

Space Mountai-- oh, wait, they did that already a few years ago.

Haunted Mansion since that is my favorite!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Which DL Ride/Attraction Would You Be Shocked That It Was Suddenly Closed For A Y

Assuming the key word in the question is shocked, then it would have to be a rather recent addition. With things like the HM and DLRR, these have been going for 40-50 years, so I don't know if it would be shocking if an unexpected condition were to be discovered that demanded immediate attention. But something like Soarin' or the ToT suddenly going down for a year would indeed shock me.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Guardian Construct

The subs would freak me out if they had to close and drain it to fix something. They jut spent all that money to fix them up.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I'll say Indy, because it's the only one at the U.S. resorts. With most other E tickets, I can enjoy a version of it at WDW.
    That is true although if it was an accident or even the discovery of a major issue it could shut down all versions of the attraction that use the same technology. Didn't WDW's Big Thunder close for some time after the accident at DL? I could see the same thing happenning with Indy and Dinoaur if there was a major accident.

Something not planned, like Space Mountain at DL, when it shut before it's planned rebuild it made me wonder how serious of an issue was discovered.

So on our trip to WDW next month anything that shuts down a major attraction unexpectedly for an extended period (weeks or months) would be suprising, if it was accompanied by an accident it would be shocking.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

i agree with the railroad. its always there and even though i dont ride it too often i ALWAYS hear and smell it! It would be empty without it for a year!!

and they lived happily ever after

• The line's too long...

Small World because it was just closed for a year.

• Mad for Disneyland

I would be shocked if the Matterhorn closed for a year.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world ~Gandhi

• hatbox ghost believer

The Haunted Mansion. I won't even go to the park when it's down for refurbs/HMH set-up. Cracks my friends up when we plan our AP trips... that would be a very, very sad year for me if it ever happened (and it NEVER will)...
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Waiting Since 1992

a ride like Nemo or Pirates. I mean, Nemo is stll relatively new and Pirates just had it's refurb so yeah....that'd be weird.

• What do u mean u people?

Spalsh Mountain.

Hard to not have a ride like that for the Summer months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast