Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   

Re: Disneyland's Electrical Parade "Improvements"

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    I know I mentioned this already in the other thread, but the Dumbo unit isn't going anywhere. It's staying in the parade.

Thanks for making my day! Well, I still wish they weren't changing the music, but like I said in my last post, we'll have to see in June.

• Missing Main Street

What about the synthesized voice that was in the beginning?
    I didn't hear it on the vid - is that out?

I resist change at all costs, but I would rather have some tweaking happen hrough the years than see the parade go away. As much as I might resist, if a parade stays for this long it's gonna go through some changes. Inevitable!

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
    I don't know where you heard that from but I heard from cast members that work the parade say that it's not coming back.
    If it was leaving then they wouldn't be adding the pixie dust effect to it, now would they?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

^Are they really? This is the first I heard of this. I had heard from friends that they were putting all the pixie dust effects on everything but I didn't hear about the whole circus section? Just curious, but where did you hear that from? Not specifically but just curious, cause if they don't take that section away, fantastic!!!

Edit: You think it's possible that they could be adding the effect to the Circus section but not have it run this summer? I think that's a big possibility and having them add the pixie effect to the circus area, could mean they could bring it back at a later time... hint hint Disneyland maybe?
    Last edited by Space Mountain; 04-29-2009 at 09:16 AM.

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
    ^Are they really? This is the first I heard of this. I had heard from friends that they were putting all the pixie dust effects on everything but I didn't hear about the whole circus section? Just curious, but where did you hear that from? Not specifically but just curious, cause if they don't take that section away, fantastic!!!
    Oh, just from a little birdie that was on his way north for the summer.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• (Not a) New User

If it was leaving then they wouldn't be adding the pixie dust effect to it, now would they?
    Yeah apparently all the floats where there is a pixie dust trail on the unit there will be a twinkling sound. Sounds pretty annoying and distracting to me....

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

I can tell you that at the ep auditions this weekend nobody was casted in any spots that were in the circus unit. I think that's a pretty big hint that the float is NOT returning.

•   

Ok, I'm confused again! Are they, or are they not getting rid of the Dumbo/Circus section of the parade? Sources please?

^Eek, That sounds bad to me...

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    I can tell you that at the ep auditions this weekend nobody was casted in any spots that were in the circus unit. I think that's a pretty big hint that the float is NOT returning.
    That doesn't necessarily mean anything. They could very well already have CM's lined up to play those parts. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, actually.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Monorail Junkie

I think they should retire the DEP and bring in Dreamlights from Tokyo. Bring over the entire parade and even keep the japanese voices for the charactors. That would be a hoot!

All in all Dreamlights is a nice parade. A different spin.

Well I've heard more from people that work the parade saying that the pixie effect was indeed added to the circus floats but that it will not being doing THIS run. So, the thought is, is that it's going to come back at a later date. Interesting.

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean anything. They could very well already have CM's lined up to play those parts. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, actually.
    I agree with 1FoolishMortal. I don't see why they wouldn't use the same people as before the refurb.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Obelix de Gaul

In 2005 I had the pleasure of going to TDR. I have seen Dreamlights and can tell you IT ROCKS! The music is a remastered version of Baroque Hoedown but each parade unit has its own deviation. Parades at TDR just seem to be longer because there is more space. Also the floats change colors in time to the music. If you have ever seen SpectroMagic in Florida you get the idea.

My solution would be to bring a shorter version of Dreamlights to Disneyland. Notice I did not say DCA. I think Electrical Parade at DCA was always a silly idea. A desperate attempt by Eisner to get bodies into a substandard theme park!

Any Thought?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234