Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Murphy Lover

Question Birthday Pass gets a discount on new AP?

I have heard alot of people mention that they can use their birthday pass as a discount on a new AP? I wanted to know how to do it and what kind o fdiscount do you get? I am going to the park on May 4th and I wanted to know the details.

Thanks everyone!
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Birthday Pass gets a discount on new AP?

You can get a $69 gift card for your birthday if you don't get the free entrance that day. When you apply for an AP/re-new your pass - you can use the $69 towards the total of the AP.

Or
    You can just upgrade your park-ticket to an annual pass which is like the same thing as getting $69.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Murphy Lover

Smile Re: Birthday Pass gets a discount on new AP?

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    You can just upgrade your park-ticket to an annual pass which is like the same thing as getting $69.
    So do you mean i can use the birthday pass and upgrade it at the front gate and get an AP for a discount rate?
    Jennifer
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• Banned User

When you apply for an AP/re-new your pass - you can use the $69 towards the total of the AP.
    So theoretically, I could keep my gift card and use it for next year's pass? Nice!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    So do you mean i can use the birthday pass and upgrade it at the front gate and get an AP for a discount rate?
    When you go to the ticket booths, ask them to upgrade your free ticket to an annual pass. You would just pay the difference. So, it's like getting a $69 discount.

So if you upgraded to the Deluxe Passport, you would pay $200 vs. $269. Or if you upgraded to the Premium, you would pay $320 vs. $389.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    So theoretically, I could keep my gift card and use it for next year's pass? Nice!
    Yup. That's what I'm doing!

• Murphy Lover

Cool Re: Birthday Pass gets a discount on new AP?

When you go to the ticket booths, ask them to upgrade your free ticket to an annual pass. You would just pay the difference. So, it's like getting a $69 discount.

So if you upgraded to the Deluxe Passport, you would pay $200 vs. $269. Or if you upgraded to the Premium, you would pay $320 vs. $389.
    Can you do the monthly payment plan? That would be sweet!
    Jennifer

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    Can you do the monthly payment plan? That would be sweet!
    Yes you can. I got my families passes on my twins birthdays. Used the bday tickets towards the APs and used the payment plan. The nice thing is that the payment plan requires a $69 dollar deposit, but the bday ticket counted as the deposit so I didn't have to put very much money down at all.

Be aware though that the first full payment comes out a couple days after you sign up.

• Murphy Lover

Question Re: Birthday Pass gets a discount on new AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Be aware though that the first full payment comes out a couple days after you sign up.
    But if the first full payment comes out in a couple of days, then why get a payment plan? if the hole thing comes out in a few days? Sorry now I am more confused.
    Jennifer

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I know that you can get the payment plan with it, I just don't know the specific details.

I have heard before that you can't park-for-free with the annual pass on a payment plan? Not sure if that's just a rumor or not - something you would probably want to check into.

The day you buy an annual pass, you have to pay the $69 it costs for admission for one day. The rest of the cost of the pass is spread out in monthly payments over the next 12 months.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I thought the gift card was only valid on your birthday day and that you can't just save it. Am I mistaken?
    A signature should go here.

The payments are devided into several equal payments. The first one comes out a few days after you purchase the pass and the regular monthly payments start about a month after that. For example I renewed a few weeks ago. Because our passes had expired, I had to make a down payment of at least $69 (per pass) that day. The rest was devided into the payments. The first one, for about $30 came out about a week later and the rest will be drafted every month on or about the 5th of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I thought the gift card was only valid on your birthday day and that you can't just save it. Am I mistaken?
    That was the original line, but that has changed. I've heard that there was some legal glitch.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Yeah, I thought that sounded weird too. I'm glad they have changed it! Besides, don't they want you to come back and spend more money?
    A signature should go here.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

As for the gift cards expiring, I think it's illegal for gift cards to expire in the state of California. That's what I heard anyways. Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast