Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Resident Ghost

Fun Wheel Lovin'

I love the look of the new Mickey's Fun Wheel. It may not be thematically savvy with the Victorian theme the Pier is working towards, but I justy love the look of it! I can't wait to ride it, haha.

• We Go On.

Re: Fun Wheel Lovin'

^I agree. I also think it's a big step up from that awful Sun wheel.

• =)

I've never been a Paradise Pier fan, but I actually liked the way the Sun Wheel looked, particularly at night. ::shrug:: Oh well.

• Banned User

Imagine the views from on top of the wheel!!!! i can hardly wait!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I think it's a complete cheap redo that was designed to get this kind of reaction from people. They could have done something truly amazing with a victorian theme but they chose to plaster Mickey's face over it instead. Why not install some massive cast iron features on the wheel instead which would actually be cohesive with the new theme?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I think it's a complete cheap redo that was designed to get this kind of reaction from people. They could have done something truly amazing with a victorian theme but they chose to plaster Mickey's face over it instead.
    sigh. just enjoy it.
    Last edited by OffWeGo!; 04-29-2009 at 03:58 PM.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

So is what Data said rude too? I guess anyone who disagrees with what Disney makes should be labeled as being rude. Why should I enjoy something that I feel isn't up to Disney's standard? All you need to do is look at TDS for some true workmanship.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 04-29-2009 at 04:04 PM.

• Banned User

So is what Data said rude too? I guess anyone who disagrees with what Disney makes should be labeled as being rude. Why should I enjoy something that I feel is garbage?
    He never said you your comment is rude. He said "Enjoy it." That's it.

• Banned User

So is what Data said rude too? I guess anyone who disagrees with what Disney makes should be labeled as being rude. Why should I enjoy something that I feel isn't up to Disney's standard? All you need to do is look at TDS for some true workmanship.
    Its up to Disney standard. it has MICKEY on it. Yes we didnt get the cool Victorian wheel..but its not a cheap re do or anything. it looks nice.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have always enjoyed riding the Sun Wheel. That's what it was called when I rode it. I was disappointed last December when I visited the Disneyland Resort, and the Sun Wheel was not running. I am only brave enough to ride the stationary cars, and yes the view from up there is wonderful. I always have my camera ready, and I take a lot of pictures. Once, I even timed it so I could see the Disneyland fireworks from the top of the Sun Wheel.

Whether it has the face of Mickey, or the Sunburst of the past, it was always my favorite ride at DCA.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have always enjoyed riding the Sun Wheel. That's what it was called when I rode it. I was disappointed last December when I visited the Disneyland Resort, and the Sun Wheel was not running. I am only brave enough to ride the stationary cars, and yes the view from up there is wonderful. I always have my camera ready, and I take a lot of pictures. Once, I even timed it so I could see the Disneyland fireworks from the top of the Sun Wheel.

Whether it has the face of Mickey, or the Sunburst of the past, it was always my favorite ride at DCA.
    Righteous post

• Senior Minion

I think it's a complete cheap redo that was designed to get this kind of reaction from people. They could have done something truly amazing with a victorian theme but they chose to plaster Mickey's face over it instead. Why not install some massive cast iron features on the wheel instead which would actually be cohesive with the new theme?
    You can't just start attaching things like that easily to a steel structure. You'd add a ton of weight which might not be possible, you likely couldn't use bolts because you might weaken the member, so then you have to weld and field welding is expensive and time consuming. It's many of the same issues that exist with any attempt to retheme the Maliboomer. These attractions were not designed to be modified easily.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• The Dudester

The removal of the Victorian queue was very disappointing for me, but the wheel certainly still looks nice. Can't wait to see it all together with the re-filled bay, Silly Symphony Swings, etc. I will hold my overall opinion of the project until I see the whole effect.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by OffWeGo! View Post
    Imagine the views from on top of the wheel!!!! i can hardly wait!
    It isn't like the views changed.

Agreed.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by OffWeGo! View Post
    Its up to Disney standard. it has MICKEY on it. Yes we didnt get the cool Victorian wheel..but its not a cheap re do or anything. it looks nice.
    In the theme park setting, Disney characters do not necessarily mean Disney standards or quality.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast