Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Keepin' it calsteady

Birthday Fastpass - anyone used it?

Going tomorrow for a friend's birthday. We already have leftover 2-day passes so I figure he should get the birthday Fastpass instead.

Q1: Do you know if it includes all of the FP rides at both parks? The web site is vague.

Q2: Disneyland's site warns that there is a limited number of such passes for any given day, and they could run out by 11 a.m. Has anyone run into such a problem?

Thanks!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Re: Birthday Fastpass - anyone used it?

answer to first question...depending on the number of people in your gruoup your only going to get two Donald's favorite maigical fastpass(this is for space, splash, soarin) and daisy's two favorites (this is for autopia, big thunder, and i believe grizzely rapids) but you have to choose wisely which rides u want to use the fast pass for either park..

Second question..when I went on my nephews birthday we got there early so I really don't know if they do run out of fast passes. Hoped I helped in somee way.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Keepin' it calsteady

Glad I asked. It's always good to know these things ahead of time!

If anybody can confirm the rides in each group, that would be great.

• Disneymom

I like the idea of the fun gift card instead. You can use it anywhere except food. At this time of the year I don't think the crowds are out of control yet so the lines shouldn't be to bad.

• Murphy Lover

Smile Re: Birthday Fastpass - anyone used it?

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I like the idea of the fun gift card instead. You can use it anywhere except food. At this time of the year I don't think the crowds are out of control yet so the lines shouldn't be to bad.
    I don't think that the lines will be to crazy. Im going Monday and Im hoping for the best when it comes to the crowds.
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I like the idea of the fun gift card instead. You can use it anywhere except food.
    My friend's got plenty of money to spend on stuff, but the Fastpass will be nice to have as it gets more crowded on a Friday evening.

• That's a lot of look.

The birthday Fastpass is for the birthday boy or girl and up to 5 of his or her guests. The number of people in your party has nothing to do with the number of passes you receive. It was true at one time that you received more passes during the week (4 Donald, 2 Daisy) than on the traditionally busier weekends (2 Donald, 2 Daisy) but now everyone gets the same number on all days. All members of your party must be present with all of your tickets in order to get this one.

Your party is then allowed to chose 3 attractions each from a list of "Donald's Favorites" and from "Daisy's Favorites". That's a total of 6 attractions per person. I don't know if everyone has to pick the same ones. I have a vague recollection that the attractions that have Fastpass in the park are on the list as well as Mulholland Madness.

The 11am cutoff was instituted because it was unknown how popular this option would be. The answer four months later is that it's not popular at all. The fun card is far and away the most popular choice. The Fastpass is currently being given out all day long.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Final question: Where does one get the Fastpass? Do you have to go to the ticket booth, or are they at City Hall or somewhere?

The parks going to be fairly empty tomorrow.

Getting the Birthday Fastpasses is an absolute waste. Collect the fast passes early in the morning. You will easily be able to ride Indy, SM, and Splash in the morning and collect fast passes for each of them before noon and then return to them later at night with fast passes (remeber, the return time does not matter).

Thunder Mountain won't get longer than 20-30 minutes at this time (in fact, the FP machine might be turned off tomorrow), neither will Buzz.

Take the $69 fun card. You are throwing away $69 otherwise.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Probably correct. Are fun cards at the ticket booth, or in the park?

• DL Obsessed

Im honesty disappointed in the birthday fastpass badge. What would hurt about them giving away a days worth of unlimited fastpasses? First of all, its free, so it would save them like $20-30 that they spend on the merch that you buy with the $69. Second, if they did make a limited amount per day, it would somewhat control it, so there wasnt 400 people with unlimited fastpasses.
    I just dont understand why they didnt do it though, wouldnt hurt any. Seems like 4 fastpasses just ISNT worth it. Im even going in July, which is very busy, and i still dont think its worth it.

• That's a lot of look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey114 View Post
    Im honesty disappointed in the birthday fastpass badge. What would hurt about them giving away a days worth of unlimited fastpasses?
    The DLR has forecast about 1000 birthday celebrants per day of this promotion. Birthday Fastpasses are given to each celebrant and up to 5 guests. If between 2000 and 6000 guests are using unlimited Fastpasses on a daily basis, I can only imagine the impact on non-Fastpass ridership. This impact has been discussed in other threads as it pertains to regular Fastpass use. The general consensus is that it's bad.

Also, each guest receives 6 passes, not four.

• Happiest Girl On Earth

The program now offers each guest 3 Donalds and 3 Daisies.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    Getting the Birthday Fastpasses is an absolute waste. Collect the fast passes early in the morning. You will easily be able to ride Indy, SM, and Splash in the morning and collect fast passes for each of them before noon and then return to them later at night with fast passes (remeber, the return time does not matter).

Thunder Mountain won't get longer than 20-30 minutes at this time (in fact, the FP machine might be turned off tomorrow), neither will Buzz.

Take the $69 fun card. You are throwing away $69 otherwise.
    You don't HAVE to use the FP in the morning. Take advantage of going on the Fantasyland attractions. Ride FNSV, Star Tours, Matterhorn, Jungle, Pirates, HM, check out Innoventions... ride Monsters, TSMM... do other non-FP attractions in the morning. After 11AM it's gonna be much busier. THEN use FP later in the day. Because if you try FP later in the day for Indy, SM, or Splash, it's going to take forever to be able to use them.

Some people actually DO want to use multiple FPs for 1 attraction and won't bother with others. It's their choice.

Personally, I don't really use FP unless I need to. I would take the Fun Card. But for other non-frequent guests, it could be a time-saver and a better guest experience. Let's not forget more spending in shops and restaurants.

Some people don't have any intention of spending, so they get the FPs. Or somehow not aware of the Fun Card.

You're not forced to take the FP. You have other options.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Disney Fan & Musician

How do you get one of these Birthday fastpasses?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast