Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Re: Maliboomer - What should replace it?

The last great ride I've seen at the DLR was Indiana Jones. Since then, things haven't been up to par with the greatness that Disney has to offer (see WDW). They need to put some imagination into things and pull of something great and wonderful. A real powerhouse of a ride (like Expedition Everest or Aerosmith Rock'n Rollercoaster for example).
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    But you're talking about an entirely different design aesthetic than what the rest of Paradise Pier is going to supposedly look like. It'd just be an expensive change from one out-of-place aesthetic to another, IMO.

Good point. Perhaps the indoor queue would make use of both levels, then, to allow more people to fit inside - you could enter the queue on the first floor, go up some stairs, load on the second floor, ride through the second floor, go down a hill into the scenes on the first floor, and then exit on either the first floor or second floor, depending on how they designed it.
    Data, YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!?!?!?????

You are right! I never even liked riding the Maliboomer and I want to see it demolished. If I ever really did get into imagineering, I would have totally butted heads with everyone vying for my own little spot of the park instead of trying to help create a cohesively themed area lol

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

If they remove the parking access road behind DCA, they'd have space for another nice dark ride, ala TSMM, with the queue in the Maliboomer footprint and the ride building backstage. Then again, MM will eventually be replaced by a dark ride and then PP is becoming a little dark ride heavy.

Not a big fan of Maliboomer - I think it looks tacky - so benches and umbrellas would be an improvement, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    If they remove the parking access road behind DCA, they'd have space for another nice dark ride, ala TSMM, with the queue in the Maliboomer footprint and the ride building backstage. Then again, MM will eventually be replaced by a dark ride and then PP is becoming a little dark ride heavy.

Not a big fan of Maliboomer - I think it looks tacky - so benches and umbrellas would be an improvement, imo.
    They could just build it above the access road too, if they decided to go that route.

What would be cool (but not possible due to lawyers) would be an old-fashion styled funhouse. Rolling barrel, wobbly floors, etc...it would fit the theme, but those are now of course inherently dangerous. (not that some of the parts of as funhouse weren't dangerous anyways. The human pool table would NEVER get built now!)

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I think they should put one of those tall buildings that spin 360 slowly up to the top. *cringes* Only one issue, those things are scary.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Fancy that...

If they got really creative with space usage, there'd be room for a moderate-sized dark ride in there. They'd probably have to give it two floors, and have the second floor extend out over the adjacent backstage service road, underneath Screamin'. Tricky? Yes. Worth it? Totally, if proper care is taken to ensure it is a top-notch entertainment experience.
    YES, absolutely.

Some people would object but...a water ride inspired by a shoot the chutes would be cool(going out and under the boardwalk into the bay for splashdown). A Helter Skelter as the outer facade? All of that but with a Disney twist. I don't know what the dark ride portions would be...but something where you're supposed to be having a "real" adventure.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I think they should put one of those tall buildings that spin 360 slowly up to the top. *cringes* Only one issue, those things are scary.
    Like an observation tower?

• Banned User

Certainly...but that's usually the case with this resort. There's just not that much space anywhere. Yet marvelous things can happen. With a little ingenuity, there'd easily be enough room for a Fantasyland-dark-ride-sized attraction...provided it's possible to continue the building underneath Screamin' and over the road a little. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that'd work.
    I think actually making a great dark ride is more of the challenge than the space usage one. I mean i never been on superstar limo, but the POV youtube videos are enough to show just how cr**** of a ride it was. Even though a POV video and actually riding the ride are two very different experiences, you could still tell it sucked and the fact its referred to as "the infamous" SuperStar Limo does no help haha.

• Im a stage Ninja

i know nothing. ok maybe something not pixar
    This is my Leko their are many like it but this one is mine. With out my Leko i am job less, with out me my Leko is not working

Quote Originally Posted by OffWeGo! View Post
    I think actually making a great dark ride is more of the challenge than the space usage one. I mean i never been on superstar limo, but the POV youtube videos are enough to show just how cr**** of a ride it was. Even though a POV video and actually riding the ride are two very different experiences, you could still tell it sucked and the fact its referred to as "the infamous" SuperStar Limo does no help haha.
    Really, who thought Superstar Limo was a good idea?

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by OffWeGo! View Post
    Certainly, making a great dark ride is a challenge. But this is also the company that has apparently been capable of bringing us Pirates of the Caribbean...Peter Pan...the Haunted Mansion...and all this was when the company had less money and less technology. It's just a matter of getting their act together.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
    Really, who thought Superstar Limo was a good idea?
    The idea is good, but the execution was awful. I could imagine a really fun attraction, swerving through the streets of an art-Deco Hollywood in a limo trying to get to the premiere. But the tacky AAs of Superstar Limo were terrible, and Disney pushing obscure celebrities they have contracts just seems a promotion. They definitely could have done better.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Well, they couuld alaways do something along the lines of this if they planned to redress it...

Liquid-Fueled Rocket (1926)
    Although during his time the US did not recognize his achievement, Robert Goddard’s invention of the liquid-fueled rocket and methods of propulsion are still used by the North American Space Association today. His method of oxygen and liquid fuel propulsion only lifted the original rocket 184 ft. Now rockets have the ability to go into space thanks to the efforts of Robert Goddard.
    1920's Inventions

I see it as each tower pod (the seats) being rethemed to a rocket and shooting up for blastoff! They could have a countdown and and boom effect for liftoff. The queue would be covered and themed to a victorian lab.

I don't see PP as a Victorian Pier... I see it as a really old World's Fair...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• =)

Lack of anachronism does not guarantee thematic appropriateness, mind you.

• Banned User

what about something that the park doesnt have enough of: a restaurant. a nice sit down, full service restaurant----victorian style, disney themed restaurant. and, since oswald the rabbit is back in the fold, maybe somehow centered around oswald? or....the alice comedies?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast