Question Experiencing Toontown & RailRoad Late At Night - Am I Missing Out?

I have a very packed schedule in that I am trying to achieve DCA & DL from 10am-10pm one day and Park opening to midnight the next (in October). I've worked out my schedule best I can but find that I will be visiting the following between 10am - 12 midnight:

- Storyland Canal Boats;
    - Toontown;
    - Roger Rabbit Toonspin (realise this is a dark ride so doesn't matter) &
    - Disney Railroad (want to do the full circle).

How does night time affect the enjoyment of these rides? Will Toontown be deserted? Will the "gags" (eg. fireworks factory etc) and the Jolley Trolley still be working that late at night (don't want to ride it but it is the cutest thing to see)?

With the Disney railroad, will we still be able to see the Native American teepee etc? (Or am I thnking of WDW).

I would appreciate any comments.

• What do u mean u people?

Re: Experiencing Toontown & RailRoad Late At Night - Am I Missing Out?

The Jolley Trolley no longer runs. It's stationary on the tracks now. Strictly for photos. All the gags and things in and around Toontown will be available.

Remember though on nights there are fireworks Toontown closes much earlier than the rest of the park. 8:00pm I believe.

Storybook Canals are definitely different daytime vs nightime. During the fireworks they stop loading and any boats out during the show stop in the middle to watch the fireworks. It's really cool to experience so try and plan to time that if you can. You can see parts of the indians on the railroad but your best bet is to ride the Mark Twain or Columbia to get the best views of these. Nights when there is Fantasmic the ships stop sailing early remember!

• The Dudester

Am I mistaken, or does Toontown usually close much earlier than 10pm? Was it only due to the fireworks? In that case I wonder if the new show will have any effect on that. I assume that even if the new fireworks show allows more access around the hub and castle, the Toontown portion may still close early.

I may also have NO IDEA what I'm talking about... I don't usually visit Toontown at night.

Toontown either closes with the rest of the park, or an hour before the fireworks (8:30ish). If you're in there before 8:15, you'd still have plenty of time to check everything out.

• Murphy Lover

When I worked in Toontwon stores, when the area closes for fireworks at 8:30pm, the area does not open back up. It will be closed for the reast of the night.
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

If you are interested in seeing the Indian Village than do the Mark Twain in the daytime. I think you are thinking of WDW where you see it from the train.

If you really want to see Toon Town, then don't take any chances and go in the daytime.

Storybook Canel ride is very pretty at night with little lights and things. Daytime is great too.

Also remember Remember fireworks are going away in May and Magical begins in June. This fireworks show is not supposed to affect the park as much as Remember did with closures. Depending on when you go in October, there may not even be fireworks as parts of that month are not all the busy. The closer you get to Halloween the busier it will be and the more likely it will be that Magical and Fantasmic will be offered. With the calendar only being updated a month and a half in advance these days it's kind of hard to tell.

• Disneyland Historian

Toon Town closes at 8:30 for fireworks. This is due to the main launch sites behind Toon Town so it will almost definitely still close for Magical which still uses those sites.

The Railroad is basically the same experience at night. The main difference would be between New Orleans Square and Toon Town because most of the wildlife and the Indian are not lit at night. The river and trees take on a different feel at night too and the whole area is quiet because the river traffic usually stops.

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

i love the mark twain atnight because the indian villiage looks much more natural with the glow of the "fire" ect.

Die Vampire, Die!!!