Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

What is your favorite Disneyland watch? Or the wristwatch that got away

What is your Favorite Disneyland Wristwatch???
    Post pictures if you have them....

Ok I'm sure everyone has a favorite Disney watch......I always went for the stylish gold Goofy watch that goes backwards......Its a classic.

My mom was always partial to the classic Mickey mouse with his arms as the minute and hour hands....

I was always interested in the custom designed Disney watches (those expensive hand drawn ones) But I like too many different Disney things to ever settle on one.... Do I go Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Indy ---too many choices

I once saw an expensive Mandolorian Boba Fett Watch in the Watch store that i should have bought because now that I'm in search of a new watch --This one would have been perfect. (Man what a cool watch)

So show me or tell me what your favorite watch is..........While I search for my next one......

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Re: What is your favorite Disneyland watch? Or the wristwatch that got away

Probably this one that I got when I was a kid. Some 50 years ago.
    Mike

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Zorro..... That is awesome...

About 15 years ago my Mom gave me a limited edition Mark Davis Malificent watch. She was holding her sceptor and Diablo was either on top the sceptor or on her sholder. It was an upper body shot with lots of purple and black and it had a dome crystal which slightly magnified it.

Sadly, in 2000 I took it on the Disney Cruise Line. I put it in my luggage the night before we left and it was gone when I got home. Someone on the ship or at the airlines went through my bag and stole it. I know this because I scour the room very carefully two or three times before leaving it for the last time and nothing was left behind.

I was heartbroken for years! Yes, an 85 dollar watch was that important to me. Every trip to Disneyland included a stop at the watch shop and at the Gallery and to Disneyana to ask if anyone had or could find a limited edition Mark Davis Malificent and Diablo watch. Nobody could help me but would throw in a dig about what a great watch that must have been.

Two years ago on Christmas my usually thoughtless boyfriend gave me a gift. I opened the wrap and the first thing I saw was a purple and white plaid slide off cardboard wrap. I went insane! I knew exactly what was inside. It was a beautiful wood box with Mark Davis' signature burned into it. Inside the box was the watch I had so missed! He found another watch somehow on the internet (Disneyana or something). I know he paid a pretty penny for it but he knew what it meant to me.

I now only wear it on special occasions (and always when I go to Disneyland). However, I will NEVER pack it for travel. It goes with me!

• Sock Puppet

My three favorite Disney watches are the POTC, the Haunted Mansion (both purchased from their respective events) and my Club 33 one.

I've never worn any of them though...

They sit on display in my Disney collection cureo cabinet (along with a bunch of other DL stuff that I don't dare use)...

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Wow Great story! If you get a chance take a picture of it with the box ---so we can see it.......

I had a stylish Scooby Doo watch (non-Disney) of course that I loved...That has the classic Scooby scared in Shaggy's arms ---with Ghosts as the Hr and minute hands...

But a Marc Davis Malificent watch in a wood box ---That sounds really cool..

I have a classic Mickey Lorus now. I have had it for ten years, and it sat in my jewlery box for the last eight after the battery died. I got a new battery and band, and I wear it all the time now.

But, I so wish I still had the Cinderella Timex I had as a kid. Man, I loved that watch. But I was nine when I got it, and pretty much thrashed it as a kid. I wore it to death..

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

I'll post pics of the watch faces of my old Goofy and Scooby Watches when I get home tonight.....

I love how everyone so far has such fond memories of their favorite watch...I hope to see a lot more pictures over the next couple of days.

And then I'll do a fun like Picture blog of my search for a new Disney watch ---when I head out to the park either this coming Wednesday

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

My Mickey Mouse 50th birthday watch. I'm not sure if my Mom got it at DL or ordered it through a catalog somewhere. It isn't one of the really expensive commemorative watches, but I adored it and still do. Mickey and my Dad were "born" the same year, so the watch really reminds me of my parents, both of whom are gone now. :-( If anyone's interested I'll try to post a photo of it later.

I have some other favorites for different reasons, but that's the one I'd choose if I could only keep one.

About the travel story...wow, that is awful. It isn't "just" that the watch was gone, it's that someone went through YOUR bag and stole it. It's a really creepy feeling. But how sweet that you got another as a gift!

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

SnorkletsMom Would love to see a picture of it.....

I'd like this thread to become a really cool Collection of people's favorite Disney watches.

Quote Originally Posted by brad chowen View Post
    Wow Great story! If you get a chance take a picture of it with the box ---so we can see it.......

I had a stylish Scooby Doo watch (non-Disney) of course that I loved...That has the classic Scooby scared in Shaggy's arms ---with Ghosts as the Hr and minute hands...

But a Marc Davis Malificent watch in a wood box ---That sounds really cool..

I will gladly take a picture of it tonite. Can you perhaps PM me and guide me as to how to post it? I have never done that before and have wanted to learn how.

I had one of those cool backwards goofy watches when I was 14 or so.

I sadly lost it during my last move. It took a while for me to realize it was finally gone, especially after turning my new place upside down looking for it!

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    My Mickey Mouse 50th birthday watch. I'm not sure if my Mom got it at DL or ordered it through a catalog somewhere. It isn't one of the really expensive commemorative watches, but I adored it and still do. Mickey and my Dad were "born" the same year, so the watch really reminds me of my parents, both of whom are gone now. :-( If anyone's interested I'll try to post a photo of it later.

I have some other favorites for different reasons, but that's the one I'd choose if I could only keep one.

About the travel story...wow, that is awful. It isn't "just" that the watch was gone, it's that someone went through YOUR bag and stole it. It's a really creepy feeling. But how sweet that you got another as a gift!

Yeah, that was a creepy feeling too. My first thought, other than the watch, was, "how could this happen on a Disney event?". I was really disappointed that this could happen with Disney.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Got to be my Dopey-Who-Moves-His-Hands. (And arms.)

Second favorite my Dad's backwards Goofy.

• Wishing upon a star....

My husband loves watches. We did not really have enough money for a birthday present for him this year because money is tight and he has a crappy birthday of Dec 26th. So I am skimming off some off my paychecks from my second job in order to set some aside to get him a watch when we go to DLR this October. Where are some good stores to get watches and how much should I set aside? I am only taking like $10-20 a paycheck so he does not notice. (I am so sneaky) Do you think $200 is enough for a nice Disney watch from the parks? Or will I need more?

I have a Winnie the Pooh braclet watch with Pooh engraved on the face and the band is linked honey pots. Too cute.
    Last edited by Gandalf75; 05-01-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention my own watch!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast