• A bear band bear

SHORT trip report - Thu. 4/30/09

It was good to be there. Hadn't been since early January and we usually go once every 4-6 weeks, but I've been troubled with recent heart problems. It was a bit warm with a cool breeze. Watched the new ducklings swim around Rivers of America for quite awhile. Petted all the goats at Big Thunder Ranch (LOVE Molly and Sheelah!). Enjoyed the Aladdin show. Ate a raspberry white chocolate cookie. The changes in it's a small world were barely even offensive! A lot of attractions seemed freshly painted... the eyes on the alligator logs in Snow White, the wishing star in Pinocchio, Main Street looked lovely. It was just busy, though! 1 in 5 guests had a birthday button on and saw tons of people with those red Two-fer (cue the 30 Rock jokes) tickets. Just thought it would be A LOT less busy!

And boy was it crowded for a Thursday right after Spring Break and before Memorial Day. 25 minute wait all day for Big Thunder; line snaked up the Big Thunder Trail. 30-45 min. wait for Splash Mountain, Soarin' was 30 min., and so on. Haunted Mansion even had the queue in the back going. It was packed like a 'normal' weekend; hard to move around. Waited 15 minutes in line at Rancho Del Zocalo just to order lunch. I'm NOT COMPLAINING, mind you! Just reporting the facts, ma'am.

Funniest thing heard all day, or even ever...
    "What's wrong with THIS park? It used to not be busy! I thought people were broke! It hasn't been like this since 1987!"
    And if that was any of you reading, ahem, lady with brown hair in mid-30s with a female friend over by Big Thunder, I beg of you to explain what the heck 1987 has to do with anything! Please!

• no flash photography...

Re: SHORT trip report - Thu. 4/30/09

Quote Originally Posted by esmetutu View Post

Funniest thing heard all day, or even ever...
    "What's wrong with THIS park? It used to not be busy! I thought people were broke! It hasn't been like this since 1987!"
    And if that was any of you reading, ahem, lady with brown hair in mid-30s with a female friend over by Big Thunder, I beg of you to explain what the heck 1987 has to do with anything! Please!
    the park would get very busy in the 80's. Of course we always went during spring break so my memory may be jaded.

I have also wondered if we're in a recession how so many people can go to the park and costco.....

The birthday promo seems to be a hit. I heard one lady say the whole family came for her oldest son's birthday last week and now they were there for her youngest sons birthday. I suppose they could have had AP's I didn't ask. At any rate I find it difficult to believe disney when they say their park attendence is down. I've never see it busier...well, except for summer and normal holidays.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Re: SHORT trip report - Thu. 4/30/09

Oooohhhh... Hope you continue to feel better. Glad you had a good time! Disneyland is a great place to walk and recover.

But I gotta ask: Anyone wearing face masks? Spraying Lysol? Squirting Purel? Sneezing into the crook of their arm? Inquiring minds want to know!