Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Tony Baxter Sightings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I saw him cross the train tracks at the New Orleans Square Train Station. I wanted to get a picture of him, but don't want to seem like a crazed fan, I also saw Ed Grier, same place.

Wha??? Wha??? What?!?!?!?! What was he doing over there???

Stroking his ego.....

• =)

Also, I gotta say, the thread title is a little creepy...as if he's some sort of rare animal. He's a human being - an awesomely creative one, but a human being nonetheless.

• Senior Monorail Minion

I was just thinking that. I admire his work and his passion and frankly would love to have a sit down interview with him, but posting pictures is creepy. Has he gotten his own Twitter for sightings yet? (And please don't take this as license to make one!)
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

On the next MONSTERQuest......

Tony Baxter.....

• Sock Puppet

We've met him a few times.

Once at an event (easy thing to do) and a few times randomly around the Resort (a little harder).

We actually had a nice conversation with him in the Lobby of the DLH and then he recognized us again later at the Rancho del Zocalo.

He was generous enough to let us take a pic or two with him, but I'll respect his privacy and hold off on posting them.

Nice guy!

• Minion

Here's an encounter I had described in an old trip report.

It was Saturday, June 9th, 2 days after my 26th birthday (The day before the Nemo Subs opening, if I remember correctly). My mother and I (going to DL is a family tradition) were outside the Holiday Inn & Suites on Walnut, waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the ART bus to the park. It was about 4:00 PM, and we were just going to the park for our one and only day there (we had gotten a late start out of Santa Maria and, after sailing through most of the drive, had gotten stuck in traffic in L.A. and Orange County)

A man and woman came out of the front door with a luggage cart full of Nemo-related artwork (which my mother initially mistook for Little Mermaid artwork ). I thought that perhaps an independant artist had done some Disney-inspired artwork (as with Thomas Kincade and Thomas "Biff Tannen" Wilson) and was doing a signing somewhere. Being an artist myself, I wanted to talk to them, but I wasn't sure if either of them was actually the artist, or if they were just helping them move the artwork. Just as I was about to ask who the artist was, a minivan drove up and a man got out of it. My mother asked him, "Are you the artist?"

"I'm one of them," he said modestly.

After a moment of mental processing, I asked him, "are you Tony Baxter?"

"Yes I am."

"Oh, my GOD!" I exclaimed. "You're one of my heroes!"

I told him that I had been seen him in Disney "Making Of..." specials since I was a little kid.

He asked me "have you been on it yet?" by which I took to mean the Nemo Subs. I answered that I hadn't, because I wasn't an APer. He told me that the day before, they had breifly accepted regular guests, and suggested I try stopping by there that day.

I asked for his autograph, and pulled out a bic pen and a pocket notebook, the only pen and paper I had with me.

He told me to put them away, and reached into a box in the back of the van, pulling out a Nemo Subs pin, which he signed with a silver-ink pen.

As he was doing this, I quickly pulled out a sample print of my own artwork that I had brought with me - I usually carry a full portfolio everywhere I go, but I was afraid it wouldn't survive the water rides . I signed it, and gave it to him, and he said it was "very good."

He seemed like a really nice guy

Here's a link to the picture I gave him:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

"Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Also, I gotta say, the thread title is a little creepy...as if he's some sort of rare animal. He's a human being - an awesomely creative one, but a human being nonetheless.
    Its not creepy, and were not treating him like hes some rare animal..

People are just sharing their stories, sometimes pics of meeting the man.

• DL Obsessed

Thats a great story!
    He did a commentary for a disneyland movie that i have. Thats as far as i've gotten.

• Shifting cargo

I actually didn't mean to make Tony Baxter out to be this "rare wild animal" of Disneyland. I was just wondering who's seen him around the park and their experiences. I know that my brother hopes to meet him one day

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Banned User

Saw him at DL in December. Didn't go up and talk to him, but, did take several photos.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    I actually didn't mean to make Tony Baxter out to be this "rare wild animal" of Disneyland. I was just wondering who's seen him around the park and their experiences. I know that my brother hopes to meet him one day
    Well, as an Imagineer, he's probably one of the LEAST rare ones you will find roaming the park (or other locations for that matter). I know of only a few Imagineers who take the time to visit the parks on their own and actually talk up the guests they meet.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

On April 17th I had the honor of meeting him in front of Cafe Orleans. He was waiting for it to open so we can have some lunch. Such a nice man! He asked me if I have ever eaten there and I told him I loved the Monte Cristo. And he also asked me what my favorite ride/attraction was. It's very nice to see someone of his stature caring about the guests in the parks. It made me feel very good .

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Tony Baxter walked through my maze at Haunt numerous amount of times... and I sat at the table next to him at the Breakfast event after Haunt.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Tony Baxter walked through my maze at Haunt numerous amount of times... and I sat at the table next to him at the Breakfast event after Haunt.
    Stalker.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Rides against injustice

Here's my story from an earlier thread.

Originally Posted by Zorro825
    I had the pleasure of meeting him at the 50th Anniversary pre-party back in 2005. I think I scared him because soon as I saw him I literally shuffled over there as fast as I could and stuck my hand out and basically blurted out "Hi Mr. Baxter, I just wanted to say hello and that I wanted to thank you for everything that you do." and he kinda chuckled shook my hand and was even willing to take a picture with me.

We then chatted for a few seconds and he asked how we were enjoying the preview of the big festivities for the next day.

Afterwards I told my wife how I felt like such a nerd and that I was a little embarrassed. I've seen celebrities before but I had never been as star struck as I was when I met Tony. I mean here it was the day before one of the biggest celebrations at Disneyland and he's trying to run from one part of the park to another and he still took the time to chat with me.

Just an awesome, totally nice guy
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast