View Poll Results: Which "Tomorrowland '67" attraction made the largest impression on you?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • GE: Carousel of Progress

31 24.22%
  • Monsanto: Adventure Through Inner Space

38 29.69%
  • McDonnell Douglas: Flight to the Moon

3 2.34%
  • Bell: America The Beautiful

5 3.91%
  • Goodyear: Peoplemover

43 33.59%
  • Rocket Jets

8 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Artistic integrity

Which of the following "TL:67" attractions made the biggest impression on you?

For those of you who are old enough to have enjoyed the "1967" Tomorrowland attractions ... Tell us which one made the largest impression on you, and why. And please don't forget to make your choice on the poll, as well.

Thanks!

• I'm not really here

Re: Which of the following "TL:67" attractions made the biggest impression on you?

ATIS scared the crap out of me as a kid. I was terrified that it would shink us and we'd never get back to our real size. I have some vivid memories of that bit. Vague as to the rest of the ride though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Which of the following "TL:67" attractions made the biggest impression on you?

As a boy in 1969, I didn't get the PM, and since CoP (and Lincoln) weren't rides, I had no idea why we were there at all. Mission to Mars was cool. Can't recall if I ever rode Rocketship Dumbo when it was up on high. ATIS had a big impact on my first adult age visit in 1982; a mind-altering impact. I was quite receptive to the idea of miniaturization on that day.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Minion

Re: Which of the following "TL:67" attractions made the biggest impression on you?

Wow! How do you choose from that list? They were all great, for their own reasons, and made for a great, lively Tomorrowland. Especially after Space went in.

If I can't call for a multi-way tie, I guess I'd have to lean toward ATIS.

• Tourist

All of them contributed to the great fun and atmosphere of Tomorrowland 67. But my favorite is the GE Carousel of Progress.

1967 was a fun year to go to DL.

• Animatronic

All of the rides were great, but I'd give the original Carousel of Progress my vote. It was one of the few rides with a real post show, up onto the stage, and into the future! Plus, the song is awesome.

I love me some peoplemover....
    Many of my teenage "firsts" were on that ride. Ah memories...

FYI: Check this petition out.

Peopleforthepeoplemover.org
    I don't like strollers, kids on leashes or ecv's. Yeah, I'm a jerk like that. But I am pro musket cap gun at D Land.

I just loved the Peoplemover! I was so happy when I got to ride in WDW!

well since I never experienced ATIS (was born 1987) And just having experienced COP at Florida I definitely voted COP. I loved it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

I voted for the Rocket Jets because that's the thing that caught my eye the most as a little fellow, but the Peoplemover was an equal part of the Tommorrowland experience for me.

Do I really need to add: Bring back the Peoplemover blah blah Rocket Jets blah blah....?

• U. B. Bold

It was a tough choice but I had to vote for ATIS because I have the most vivid memories of that one.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Banned User

I think the ride in Tomorrowland that I remember the most from my earlier childhood at Disneyland is the Peoplemover, but I'm vaguely haunted by a room with a circular screen that wrapped around the room - I think I must have been under 10 years old, so I'm not sure which attraction this was.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I saw some YouTube of the peoplemover in Disneyland, it looked fun but it was the 1990's version I think. I would have loved to see a video of the 1967 version.

• secure all cargo

I'm not sure why the Peoplemover appeals to me so much, but I really miss it. It was just something I loved as a kid, and who knows what I was thinking back then. ATIS is a close second. I probably like CoP more than Peoplemover, but my experience of CoP has been at WDW only, so I didn't count it.

Was there a difference between the '67 , '80 and '90 PM except for color and show scenes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast