Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• potterday.org

Star Tours: Shooting Footage Now! (merged threads)

A friend of mine just sent me a link to an article with some tasty details about the new Star Tours attraction...

Secret Star Wars Production Shooting in Hollywood | /Film

[Edit: Star Tous? Geez, what is wrong with me? Is it possible for a moderator to fix my spelling on my headline?]
    Last edited by Zoe Necrosis; 05-01-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

re: Star Tours: Shooting Footage Now!

My spousal unit and son will be thrilled!
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    [Edit: Star Tous? Geez, what is wrong with me? Is it possible for a moderator to fix my spelling on my headline?]
    Star Tous... that sounds kind of lame. I think they should keep the original name, it's just going to confuse everyone.

• =)

For all those who doubted...told ya so.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Oh cool!

They're filming this in West Hollywood. So does this mean that they will be using rainbow-colored light sabers?

If this is true this means the new Star Tours is just around the corner!

• Banned User

Why would they film it in 3D? that does not make sense. If you are still going to be riding in the Star Tours "bus", why would the images on the video monitor the passengers are looking at come out at them in 3D? If it was a real space ship with a video monitor, wouldn't you still be looking at it like a tv? Or is it a window and not a monitor? Confused.......must drink some rum...

Quote Originally Posted by SanSooMaster View Post
    Why would they film it in 3D? that does not make sense. If you are still going to be riding in the Star Tours "bus", why would the images on the video monitor the passengers are looking at come out at them in 3D? If it was a real space ship with a video monitor, wouldn't you still be looking at it like a tv? Or is it a window and not a monitor? Confused.......must drink some rum...
    I'd give my eye teeth for them to have "windows" around the top and sides of the ship. Star Tours has always bored me because it was so confined. They could use the technology from PM's SuperSpeed Tunnel!

• =)

3D doesn't mean everything looks like it's in front of the screen. It just means not everything looks like it's in the same plane as the screen. It's just as easy to make stuff look like it's miles away as it is to make it look like it's inches from your nose. Take HISTA for example - the stage looks like it's behind where the screen actually is. That's what they'd do for Star Tours II, because if you looked out of a spaceship window, everything would still look 3D. Most of it would be so far away that the effects would not be as noticeable, but adding that into the film will still help it be more realistic...provided the 3D is good.

• Shubisha

I understand it's the only real way to accomplish adding depth to a movie screen but I hate getting on rides and putting on 3D glasses(yes I'm looking at you Simpsons and Spiderman).

• =)

I think there's been some talk of using glasses-less 3D for this venture, but I have no idea if that's true. However, they have been slowly developing those sorts of displays. It's just...difficult. Unfortunately, real life is not Star Wars, and we can't just project holograms wherever we want.

• I'm not really here

Data, I have never doubted you... I've always known you knew some things about TL since that post of your, geez, like a year ago now was it? =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The elements they've been filming are not the actual ride. The Star Wars universe has proven to have loads of technology beyond our years... but when it comes to communication, static filled holograms are all the rage.

I think they're trying to replicate that here instead of the standard tv monitors that they use now.

Heck.. you'd think STar Wars would be high-def by now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Artistic integrity

I thought this line was hysterical! >
    "The good news is that George Lucas isn’t making another movie"

Yeah!
    After the escapades of Jar Jar Binks .. and the awful immature dialog written into the script of all three (especially 1 & 2) ... I think we've taken all we can take of lines like - "Are you an angel? I believe they came from the moons of Viega, I think."

I'm surprised to hear they are working on it now. I was under the impression the film has been "in the can" for months.

• =)

Well, don't get too confident in my foreknowledge, mycroft...I really have no idea what's going to happen, aside from Star Tours II. (Well, I had one chance to see a little bit of concept art, but I'm not allowed to talk about that, and I'm not even sure exactly what I was looking at, and it was over a year ago, and I don't even know if it was something that was up-to-date back then...so far all intents and purposes, I know nothing. )

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The elements they've been filming are not the actual ride.
    I tend to agree. Why would ILM choose a studio in West Hollywood? (Most likely the one on Santa Monica Blvd.) ....... And not their own facilities in Marin County up north?

They would have better control over the production in their own facilities.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast