Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Actually, everyone's excited for how good the show will be.
    Not really, many of us are very confident that it won't match remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Let's put it this way.. if I want to view the show I would have to travel to Disneyland out of my state during certain months, certain months I don't intend to visit Disneyland but it seems I must go to Disneyland to see this show during the months I dont' want to go. So I feel tricked as having to go during a time to see it in person when I would rather it be year round and something I could see at almost every month with the exception of Believe during the holidays.

That's where I"m coming from with that statement, as a person from out of state who really wants to see the new show but not during the months they tell me to. But if this show only returns for the summer for the next few years then I may have no choice BUT to go during the unwanted summer months to see this new show.

*Shaking fist at Disneyland's fireworks schedule*
    What about the people who actually like remember??? So we should just retire what many believe to be the best fireworks show simply so you can watch magical anytime you like? I find Disney's decision to be the most fair because it gives everyone a chance to watch what they like. If magical means that much to you, going during the summer months wouldn't be a big deal. I would do the same for remember had I been in your position.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-03-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Disneyland answered my dreams! I'm excited to see something new but still keep the show that I love. I can't believe I still haven't gotten tired of Remember. It's just so perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Not really, many of us are very confident that it won't match remember.
    I'm not talking about MiceChat. That reaction was predictable.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    I'm not talking about MiceChat. That reaction was predictable.
    Then be more specific in your post, I'm not a mind reader.

You sound as if the public would be completely oblivious to the situtation and that micechaters are the only ones that notice these things. Believe me the crowd will know it's less of a show if it doesn't compare with Remember. We have a very local audience that comes on a regular basis and it won't go unnoticed. Disney knows who their marketing to, that's why they made the decision to keep Remember.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-03-2009 at 12:26 PM.

• Yo!

You sound as if the public would be completely oblivious to the situtation and that micechaters are the only ones that notice these things. Believe me the crowd will know it's less of a show if it doesn't compare with Remember. We have a very local audience that comes on a regular basis and it won't go unnoticed. Disney knows who their marketing to, that's why they made the decision to keep Remember.
    I'm not so convinced this will be the case. People didn't get in an uproar when Imagine replaced Believe, and Imagine was an obviously inferior show. People may be generally observant, yes, but they don't get as worked up as we might over certain things.

Now, I have no clue if Magical will be an inferior show because I haven't seen it yet. Therefore it still remains to be seen what the public will think about all this.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    I'm not so convinced this will be the case. People didn't get in an uproar when Imagine replaced Believe, and Imagine was an obviously inferior show. People may be generally observant, yes, but they don't get as worked up as we might over certain things.

Now, I have no clue if Magical will be an inferior show because I haven't seen it yet. Therefore it still remains to be seen what the public will think about all this.
    Well the new schedule says otherwise. There is no other logical explanation why they would keep Remember other than guest satisfaction, something I applaud.

They might not get as worked up and outraged like some on this forum but people still get disappointed if an inferior show were to replace an excellent one; people do notice. If Fantasmic were replaced with something inferior there would be a lot of unhappy guests at the park, same goes for Remember.

BTW, how do you know that people weren't disappointed when Imagine replaced Believe? One might ask why they brought back Believe to begin with?
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-03-2009 at 12:43 PM.

• Yo!

Well the new schedule says otherwise. There is no other logical explanation why they would keep Remember other than guest satisfaction, something I applaud.

They might not get as worked up and outraged like some on this forum but people still get disappointed if an inferior show were to replace an excellent one; people do notice. If Fantasmic were replaced with something inferior there would be a lot of unhappy guests at the park, same goes for Remember.

BTW, how do you know that people weren't disappointed when Imagine replaced Believe? One might ask why they brought back Believe to begin with?
    There are other logical explanations why they would keep Remember. Read some of MasterGracey's previous posts....they explain those other scenarios fairly well.

The original Believe was canceled permanently in 2004. It never returned after that (and the holiday version doesn't count because that's an entirely different show). You would think if there was enough "guest demand" for the original Believe that it would've returned, but surprisingly it didn't which leads me to think that there really weren't that many complaints.

Also, am I supposed to believe that people are already going to City Hall before Remember has even left to complain about its departure? I don't get the whole "guest demand" argument for the show's return in the Fall. IMO, we won't really know how much of a demand there was for Remember until Magical's debut. If people complain about the new show then we can call that argument fair, but if people don't complain (and by "people" I mean DLR guests) then there's really no basis for it.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Let's put it this way.. if I want to view the show I would have to travel to Disneyland out of my state during certain months, certain months I don't intend to visit Disneyland but it seems I must go to Disneyland to see this show during the months I dont' want to go. So I feel tricked as having to go during a time to see it in person when I would rather it be year round and something I could see at almost every month with the exception of Believe during the holidays.
    If they advertise that Magical will be on a certain date and you show on that date and they show Remember instead of Magical, that would be tricking you.

If they show Magical when they say they will show it and it causes you to attend the park because you want to see it, that is a marketing strategy.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Well. Disney sure suckered a good $70 out of my wallet. So much for what I thought was my dramatic final viewing of the show.
    I'll trade ya for the $250 worth of light bulbs I bought when Disney promised me the Electrical Parade was "glowing away forever."

We have a very local audience that comes on a regular basis and it won't go unnoticed. Disney knows who their marketing to, that's why they made the decision to keep Remember.
    Disney also knows it can stamp "sucker" on the foreheads of its most loyal customers, and 99.9% of them will keep coming back for more.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I'm not so convinced this will be the case. People didn't get in an uproar when Imagine replaced Believe, and Imagine was an obviously inferior show.
    Imagine was a temporary show that lasted from late 2004 to summer 2005 for the sole purpose of being a fill-in until Remember was complete. And during spring break 2005, when the crowds were busy, they showed Fantasy in the Sky instead.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Also, am I supposed to believe that people are already going to City Hall before Remember has even left to complain about its departure? I don't get the whole "guest demand" argument for the show's return in the Fall. IMO, we won't really know how much of a demand there was for Remember until Magical's debut. If people complain about the new show then we can call that argument fair, but if people don't complain (and by "people" I mean DLR guests) then there's really no basis for it.
    No, and I never lead you to believe they would complain before the new show starts. The guests would however if they saw the new show when it debuts and noticed a major quality difference between the two. Now, I'm not saying people would boycott the park because Disneyland is more than the fireworks show but it would lower the overall experience, quality, and value; that would be a shame and people wouldn't be happy about it. Anyway though I'm glad they decided to make a decision that benefits everyone.

If you don't understand the guest demand argument maybe you haven't been watching the crowds very carefully with Remember. Never in the history of the park has a fireworks show been that popular. Isn't that more than enough to prove people love the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Disney also knows it can stamp "sucker" on the foreheads of its most loyal customers, and 99.9% of them will keep coming back for more.
    I'm glad for a change they decided to put customer satisfaction and the park's well being over funds.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.

• Yo!

No, and I never lead you to believe they would complain before the new show starts.
    Hm....touché.

The guests would however if they saw the new show when it debuts and noticed a major quality difference between the two. Now, I'm not saying people would boycott the park because Disneyland is more than the fireworks show but it would lower the overall experience, quality, and value; that would be a shame and people wouldn't be happy about it. Anyway though I'm glad they decided to make a decision that benefits everyone.
    This is a pointless debate because the show hasn't even debuted yet. If the show debuts and it's crap then you have a point. If it debuts and it's comparable to Remember, though, then it doesn't really matter.

If you don't understand the guest demand argument maybe you haven't been watching the crowds very carefully with Remember. Never in the history of the park has a fireworks show been that popular. Isn't that more than enough to prove people love the show?
    How is that proof of anything? I went during the holiday season and observed the EXACT same crowding problem for Believe. Just because a lot of people are watching a show doesn't automatically mean it's the "most popular." I could say the same exact thing about Nemo since it consistently has a long wait. A long wait doesn't make it the best ride in the park, though.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Indy's Girl

This is the best thing I've read all day. I was worried that I'd never get to see Remember after having missed it last time.

I'm ecstatic.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by mac81962 View Post
    If they advertise that Magical will be on a certain date and you show on that date and they show Remember instead of Magical, that would be tricking you.

If they show Magical when they say they will show it and it causes you to attend the park because you want to see it, that is a marketing strategy.
    A marketing strategy aka marketing trick to get me there. I guess that's what I mean. For some reason me using the word "trick" doesn't sit well with you but I'm using it over and over again and will continue to do so.

Remember won't last forever. It will eventually be tossed aside for something new. Not saying it will be Magical but Remember can't last forever.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I just wanna be happy = )

I love to see that there are SO MANY others who love Remember just as much as I do, and agree that it really is the best ever. So I'm very glad to hear that it will be coming back. And now, here is the way I'm looking at Magical: I was prepared to despise it from the get-go, and not give it much of a chance, because it was going to be the one replacing the beloved Remember, but now I'm ready to enjoy the heck out of it. And the more I hear about it, the better it sounds. I love Eden Espinosa, the songs should be fun, and I hope the Dumbo thing looks great. But I'm still just going to be counting the seconds until Remember returns. The fact that I now know Remember WILL be returning is actually making me look forward to Magical, when I wasn't before. Also... when Remember comes back I hope they don't change a thing. But if they do, it better be something that makes it better (if that's even possible) and not something that kills it.
    Peace_N_Love is now ready to give Magical a chance.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast