Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 121
  1. #91

    • Dive ..... Dive.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,787

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post

    This is a pointless debate because the show hasn't even debuted yet. If the show debuts and it's crap then you have a point. If it debuts and it's comparable to Remember, though, then it doesn't really matter.
    That's why I said if the show is of lesser quality they won't be happy. Not saying it will be or not but the likelihood of it topping remember or even matching it isn't very likely due to the lack of funds in comparison to the 50th, not to mention a lack of emotional value to base the show on; just speculating.



    Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    How is that proof of anything? I went during the holiday season and observed the EXACT same crowding problem for Believe. Just because a lot of people are watching a show doesn't automatically mean it's the "most popular." I could say the same exact thing about Nemo since it consistently has a long wait. A long wait doesn't make it the best ride in the park, though.
    Well Believe is also popular as well due to the snow, holiday aspect, christmas lights, and limited time showing. It's a great show that surrounds us with that holiday cheer feeling we get during the season and that makes it unique, completely different from Rememeber. In its own right it's just as popular as Remember but for a different emotional reason of equal value.

    The crowds do prove how popular a show is becuase if it wasn't no one would be standing around 2-4 hours in advance and areas wouldn't be so tightly packed. I know this because the original Believe never had the crowds Remember has, never had a problem finding a spot and had tons of elbow room. You didn't see Disneyland implementing a circle crowd control method back then because it wasn't needed. Both Remember and Believe use this method because of the sheer number of people watching.

    Before we heard this news, Magical was directly trying to compete with Remember because it would have been a year round show. It has no major emotional feeling backing it up like the 50th anniversary, classic attractions, or the holiday season. The likelihood of it being on the same level as either of these shows is low for those reasons.

    You can't compare popularity of attractions by length of a line because of severe capacity variations from eachother. You can however compare popularity of a fireworks show because capacity is the same everytime no matter what show you have. Comparing wait length with Nemo and Submarine Voyage would be a fair comparison because it has the same queue, vehicles, and lack of fastpass, the fireworks show can be compared the same exact way.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-04-2009 at 12:27 PM.

  2. #92

    • Still lost in Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    4,083

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    I can't help but wonder who the moron is that made this decision. What a bad idea.

    The Remember Fireworks was a big spectacular for a reason; The 50th Anniversary of Disneyland! It was big and glorious for a reason. The 50th is long over so should that show. I love that show. But it's time has come and gone and you can be sure that any return will be scaled way back.

    I think that this is what should happen instead: Play Magical up to Christmas Time and then do the Christmas show and Snow show until January. Then for the next couple of years run Magical and then Christmas. When the 55th Anniversary arrives, then bring in the new show for that. There should only be two Fireworks shows per year. In this case Magical and Christmas then The 55th Anniversary show and Christmas until the Anniversary show has run it time. Then some new version of Magical and the Christmas show until the 60th Anniversary and then a really big spectacular for that. And a bigger and more spectacular Christmas Show for the 60th as well.

    I just think it's wrong to advertise the final showing of Remember and then recant that and bring it back again. I think Magical is going to be a great show and an emotional one at that. I don't think there will be a dry eye in the Park after the Dumbo Sequence. That song along makes people cry. Combine that with Dumbe flying over the Castle, and you have a sure fire tear jerker of a moment.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

  3. #93

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,731

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    You can't compare popularity of attractions by length of a line because of severe capacity variations from eachother. You can however compare popularity of a fireworks show because capacity is the same everytime no matter what show you have. Comparing wait length with Nemo and Submarine Voyage would be a fair comparison because it has the same queue, vehicles, and lack of fastpass, the fireworks show can be compared the same exact way.
    It could be that the fireworks viewing areas are really packed on really busy days. Because I've seen Remember at times when all you needed to do was show up 30 minutes before and there was plenty of elbow room. I wouldn't assume that Remember is packed all the time. Because it isn't.

  4. #94

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I just think it's wrong to advertise the final showing of Remember and then recant that and bring it back again.
    I have no idea where people get this.

    Disney has never said that Remember would be leaving. It's never been advertised, never a press release. Nothing.

  5. #95

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,948

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It could be that the fireworks viewing areas are really packed on really busy days. Because I've seen Remember at times when all you needed to do was show up 30 minutes before and there was plenty of elbow room. I wouldn't assume that Remember is packed all the time. Because it isn't.
    Last night I was able to pop in 10 minutes before show time right before the hub with plenty of room for more and I think it was pretty busy yesterday.

    I think that makes sense though, play the fireworks show that is less intrusive to the rest of the park during peak attendance periods so that everyone can be happy - people get to see fireworks and less rides get shut down/paths are open/etc. Running Remember in the fall and spring, when times are supposed to be slow lets everyone see the show and inconveniences less of a crowd.

  6. #96

    • 47 SMīs in 2 days baby !
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    140

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I'll trade ya for the $250 worth of light bulbs I bought when Disney promised me the Electrical Parade was "glowing away forever."
    It WAS glowing away forever !!!

    It never came back......to Disneyland

  7. #97

    • Still lost in Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    4,083

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    That's the one big disapointed about the Electrical Parade announcement. I love that missing floats are coming back, but that parade should come home and they can send the new high energy balloon parade over to DCA. Or keep it if they must but only run it during the day and then bring MSEP back to Disneyland for night time. It belongs on "Main Street" at Disneyland anyway.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

  8. #98

    • 47 SMīs in 2 days baby !
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    140

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    A marketing strategy aka marketing trick to get me there. I guess that's what I mean. For some reason me using the word "trick" doesn't sit well with you but I'm using it over and over again and will continue to do so.

    Remember won't last forever. It will eventually be tossed aside for something new. Not saying it will be Magical but Remember can't last forever.
    Why not? They show fantasmic now for 17 Years...

  9. #99

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    66

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I can't help but wonder who the moron is that made this decision. What a bad idea.

    The Remember Fireworks was a big spectacular for a reason; The 50th Anniversary of Disneyland! It was big and glorious for a reason. The 50th is long over so should that show. I love that show. But it's time has come and gone and you can be sure that any return will be scaled way back.
    There have been a lot of big, spectacular attractions Disneyland has created and opened during a major anniversary year, while combining the advertising. This doesn't mean that after that anniversary is long gone that the attraction should be as well. For example, Indiana Jones was promoted for the fortieth anniversary. 15 years later, this ride does not need to be closed because the fortieth is over. Yes, Remember was mainly created for the fiftieth, but the current show has nothing to do with celebrating 50 years, rather celebrating the timeless history of Disneyland. IMO, I love the idea of having three or four firework shows a year, and I hope Disney does actually do a seasonal rotation as rumored, and keep Remember a part of that rotation. For the majority of guests, Remember will forever be an exciting attraction and be enjoyable for years to come, just as any ride that has been around for 40 years.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I just think it's wrong to advertise the final showing of Remember and then recant that and bring it back again.
    Disneyland never did that. All the talk of a "final" show was from discussion boards such as this, which had everyone assuming Remember would never return.
    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

  10. #100

    • Yo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Along the coast
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Well Believe is also popular as well due to the snow, holiday aspect, christmas lights, and limited time showing. It's a great show that surrounds us with that holiday cheer feeling we get during the season and that makes it unique, completely different from Rememeber. In its own right it's just as popular as Remember but for a different emotional reason of equal value.
    So why can't Magical have as wide of an emotional appeal, too? You or me specifically may not find as much emotional appeal in Disney movie soundtracks, but other people might. I know I myself always tear up when I hear "Baby Mine"....I'm actually rather looking forward to seeing that portrayed in the skies, as well as Mary Poppins.


    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    The crowds do prove how popular a show is becuase if it wasn't no one would be standing around 2-4 hours in advance and areas wouldn't be so tightly packed. I know this because the original Believe never had the crowds Remember has, never had a problem finding a spot and had tons of elbow room. You didn't see Disneyland implementing a circle crowd control method back then because it wasn't needed. Both Remember and Believe use this method because of the sheer number of people watching.
    That's because the original Believe wasn't "hub-centric" like Remember. The holiday version of Believe also causes crowding because everyone wants to be on Main St. for the snow, regardless of it being offered in NoS and IASW. So no, you can't say one show is more popular than the other when they both have different crowd-control patterns, especially since Remember has created such a "MUST VIEW FIREWORKS FROM THE HUB" attitude ever since it debuted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    You can't compare popularity of attractions by length of a line because of severe capacity variations from eachother. You can however compare popularity of a fireworks show because capacity is the same everytime no matter what show you have. Comparing wait length with Nemo and Submarine Voyage would be a fair comparison because it has the same queue, vehicles, and lack of fastpass, the fireworks show can be compared the same exact way.
    Like I said above, firework crowd patterns are not the same from show to show. Different shows create different viewing patterns.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

  11. #101

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,396

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The Remember Fireworks was a big spectacular for a reason; The 50th Anniversary of Disneyland! It was big and glorious for a reason. The 50th is long over so should that show. I love that show. But it's time has come and gone and you can be sure that any return will be scaled way back.

    .
    It still works outside the context of the 50th.

  12. #102

    • Indy's Girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    59

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    It still works outside the context of the 50th.
    Yes it does. And there are many people who want to see it (moi) and have not yet been able to. I've seen parts of it from Tomorrowland, but haven't been able to catch it in its entirety due to not wanting to disrupt the flow of my party who were not fireworks people.

    So, again, I say: best news I've read in awhile.

  13. #103

    • May the F=ma be with you
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hobroken
    Posts
    2,606

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Does anyone know who is the lead pyro designer for the show?



    Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

  14. #104

    • Fleeting Inspiration
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kissimmee, FL
    Posts
    222

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I think that this is what should happen instead: Play Magical up to Christmas Time and then do the Christmas show and Snow show until January. Then for the next couple of years run Magical and then Christmas. When the 55th Anniversary arrives, then bring in the new show for that.
    Um, you do realize that the 55th is next year, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    There should only be two Fireworks shows per year.
    Why? While I would like to point out that what could be done with rotating seasonal fireworks isn't exacly what Tokyo does (What they do is create seasonal event entertainment that goes above and beyond an already full slate of shows, parades, night spectaculars, etc. As DL doesn't have a full slate, with it currently missing stage shows and a fullscale parade, it's not quite the same.), the basic idea is the same. Attract your strong local base throughout the year by offering something new every season.

  15. #105

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,072

    Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Does anyone know who is the lead pyro designer for the show?
    Well, I know that Steve Davison created both Magical and Remember... so that has to account for something. I know I'm looking forward to this show!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] "magical" preview performance - june 3, 2009.
    By a_shy_kid in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 07:55 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 02:57 PM
  3. Rumor... "Remember" NOT returning
    By Newseditor44 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •