Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    So why can't Magical have as wide of an emotional appeal, too? You or me specifically may not find as much emotional appeal in Disney movie soundtracks, but other people might. I know I myself always tear up when I hear "Baby Mine"....I'm actually rather looking forward to seeing that portrayed in the skies, as well as Mary Poppins.
    They have been using movie soundtracks for every firework show prior to Remember. It simply doesn't have the emotional connection like classic Disneyland attractions or Christmas spirit would. This is something everyone can connect with, not just a handfull of people.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    That's because the original Believe wasn't "hub-centric" like Remember. The holiday version of Believe also causes crowding because everyone wants to be on Main St. for the snow, regardless of it being offered in NoS and IASW. So no, you can't say one show is more popular than the other when they both have different crowd-control patterns, especially since Remember has created such a "MUST VIEW FIREWORKS FROM THE HUB" attitude ever since it debuted.
    I don't fully buy into that argument, Believe isn't even hub dependent. The snow effect is so widespread throughout the park it doesn't prove your point for me personally. Every fireworks show in the history of Disneyland has had heavy crowding on Main Street, IASW, and NOS. Simply because Remember is visably more popular on Main Street doesn't mean everywhere else is empty. There are only so many clear visable areas throughout the park that you can watch the show, it's not like getting rid of the effects in these trouble areas would help all that much because the same people would end up right back where they were for the most clear visibility of the fireworks being shot off behind the park. The crowding will continue in these trouble areas with or without remember and that's why it's acceptable to compare crowds.

You believe the extra pyro and effects are creating an illusion of popularity, I disagree because every area of the park has seen a visible increase in attendance, not just main street. There are thousands of people including myself who wouldn't even bother to see previous shows but now I view Remember and Believe almost everytime I go. The truth is Remember has become more than just a fireworks show but an attraction in and of itself, something previous shows could not achieve.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-05-2009 at 01:29 AM.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Well, I know that Steve Davison created both Magical and Remember... so that has to account for something. I know I'm looking forward to this show!
    Eric Tucker was the pyro designer for Wishes and Remember. Also RoE. Steve may be the show's creator, but not the designer.I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I guess it too keep rides open during the summer but the show must not be that good if its only up for 3 months.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Going by Steve Davison's acting-out of the finale of the show, there will still be a lot of pyro shot off of the Castle. So it should be interesting to see if they really can keep those rides closest to the Castle open with that. I can't remember how it was back with Believe.. There's Magic in the Stars. Were all the rides open during the show? Only the immediate Castle forecourt was closed off I think. I do remember there was not nearly as much shot from there as Remember has.

• Yo!

Steven specifically mentioned castle pyro numerous times during the show (and not just the finale) so it'll be interesting to see what happens. He also specifically mentioned the 9-line quite a bit, which makes me happy. I felt that it was definitely under-utilized for Remember, so here's to hoping that we see more new 9-line effects with Magical!
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Quote Originally Posted by CastMember 02 View Post
    If my sources are correct "Hallowishes" will be premiering sometime in September at Disneyland My Friend said that they will be able to run 4 shows a year.

Winter (Believe)
    Spring (RDCT)
    Summer (Magical)
    Fall (Hallowishes)

How cool would that be?
    So would I be crazy for hoping that maybe just maybe Boo to You will come with it? Kind of a package deal?? I'm not positive exactly how long it's been at the MK (though I know it's not nearly as long as the life-span of a few of its other parades/tragedies... ), but it's one on avery short list of things that I'd love to get from WDW. But not MNSSHP, just the parade.

anyways, add me to the list of people who would love to see four shows a year.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

What's a "9-line"?

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    What's a "9-line"?
    That is the row of towers that hold launch platforms for the low-level fireworks in Disneyland's shows. They are just behind the Toontown hills and run along behind Small World as well. There are 9 towers, which is why they are called the "9-Line."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Gotcha!

• Yo!

FYI, it looks like they've updated the DL calendar to reflect the new Entertainment offerings. While the oddly after-hours showing of DEP was removed from the schedule, the preview showing of Magical on June 11th at 8:45pm is still listed.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Fireworks Finatic!

That is cool they will be debuting Magical on Thursday. I am sure they knew there would be a mad rush from DCA after the Electrical Parade to Disneyland to see Magical if they began everything on Friday. Now maybe some will check out the new fireworks on Thursday and everything else Friday.

• Banned User

I was watching a video of the Steve Davidson presentation of the Magical! finale, and it sounded like the chorus sang something like, "Mickey makes your dreams come true." Is that going to be in Magical? I don't see why it would be. The show isn't about Mickey, really. But I do like how in It's Magical at TDL, Mickey says, "It's magical!" So I hope they keep that in.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Once you've reimbursed me for the 100 bucks I spent so I could see the show "one last time," I'll start laughing with you.
    And just how many were similarly suckered with the so-called end of the electrical parade? Okay, it was the end of the real parade, the Main Street Electrical Parade, but still...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

At least it has given him an excuse to go lol.

• DCA FTW!

So has anyone seen the new gator, floatsam, jetsam, by that dock in the back? It's visible via the train... I haven't gotten a chance to check out if they're parked there or not.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast