Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

"Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

D23 has spilt the beans... "Magical" will be a one-summer show, only running June 12 through August 23. "Remember... Dreams Come True" will return as Disneyland's main fireworks show in the fall.

MAGICAL GATHERING
    05.01.09 - We already revealed some of the exciting details about Disneyland's new fireworks show, Magical, last week, but there's more to this display than meets the eye!

First off, Magical has an exclusive run: June 12 through August 23. Disneyland's Remember... Dreams Come True returns for the fall, so you have a limited amount of time to see the magic of Magical.

Along with soaring vocals from Broadway star Eden Espinosa and a lush score from Greg Smith, Magical features beloved Disney songs including (take a deep breath!): "The Second Star to the Right," "An Actor's Life for Me," "Give a Little Whistle," "I've Got No Strings," "It's A Jolly Holiday," "Chim Chim Cher-ee," "Step in Time," "Let's Go Fly A Kite," "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," "Baby Mine," "So This Is Love," "Beauty and the Beast" and "Once Upon A Dream."

As with every Disney spectacular, Magical integrates new effects and technologies, including floodlights, customized "Magical" fireworks shells (that will burst both pink and blue — during a delightful "battle" between Sleeping Beauty's Flora and Merryweather), and, for the first time ever, a flying Dumbo!

Dumbo's soaring techniques are similar to those of Tinker Bell's (who will still, of course, appear in the show). "But it is a whole new type of technology," explains Disneyland Entertainment Productions Senior Show Director John Addis. "[Designer] Michael Curry's eyes got really wide when we went to him and said, 'We want to do Dumbo on a wire.' But he's risen to the occasion. I was just up there Monday and he said it was he best puppet he's ever done to reflect a character."

No doubt, the experience will be… Magical.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Re: "Magical" to have limited summer run, "Remember" returning fall 2009.

WHAT?!

Dang it. C'mon...we need a new permanent show.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

hmm since i'm going home(nor cal) for the summer..looks like i will have to try and come back to LA early so i can catch magical.

i haven't been reading up on my disney in the past month so i may not know what i'm saying. but is there going to be a new fireworks show for the 55th?? there should be...i love remember. and have finally come to terms with it ending. and now it's being thrown back at me! haha magical should run until the christmas fireworks and a new wonderfully spectacular show should be introduced next year for the 55th!!

flower gleam & glow...

• =)

Well. Disney sure suckered a good $70 out of my wallet. So much for what I thought was my dramatic final viewing of the show.

• Banned User

I am really excited that "An Actors life for me" is in the show.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Methinks Magical is going to be noticeably smaller in scale.

Absolutely amazing news!

Thank you Disney.

• Banned User

I find this hilarious. Everyone on the site freaks out that Remember is leaving, and of course it isn't

• Bring Your Own Redemption

This is good news.

From what I've seen, Magical is going to be a good show, but in my opinion, it won't top Remember. I'm still looking forward to it, as it'll be nice to see something new and different with the fireworks.

I wonder if this is going to become a tradition of having a show with an exclusive run for the summer like Believe... in Holiday Magic for the holidays.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I find this hilarious. Everyone on the site freaks out that Remember is leaving, and of course it isn't
    Once you've reimbursed me for the 100 bucks I spent so I could see the show "one last time," I'll start laughing with you.

• It's all about Theme!

^

I wonder if maybe Magical became a bit too expensive for Disney tastes, so it was reserved to a limited run. I really wonder why Disney wanted to create a new show so bad to only have it run for three months? Could it possibly also be the 55th show? Now how about that PoD?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

This could mean a couple things:

Disney is testing the idea of limited-run, promotion-based entertainment offerings - sort of what Tokyo Disney does with its various parades and shows.

Or it could mean that, despite the glowing press releases and the excited Steve Davison presentation, Disney has low expectations for the show and is only going to use it for the summer.

Or it's a cost strategy: take away the expensive Remember show from nightly summer showings and replace it with a smaller, less expensive show for peak season, and then bring it back for weekends-only showings during fall off-season.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• It's all about Theme!

^

The press release/ presentation actually made me really excited for that show. But I still like the idea of a limited run better. It leaves for much more variety.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    ^

I wonder if maybe Magical became a bit too expensive for Disney tastes, so it was reserved to a limited run. I really wonder why Disney wanted to create a new show so bad to only have it run for three months? Could it possibly also be the 55th show? Now how about that PoD?
    One of the goals of Magical, as I understand, was more efficient crowd control. While the five FL dark rides will still have to be closed, a lot less will need to be roped off. So given the busier summer crowds, it might be a good trade-off.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Well I'll be gosh-darned. I get a feeling Magical is a test to see how the fans would react to the replacing of RDCT. If it is succesful they may make a new permanent show. If it is not well recieved. RDCT will continue indefinitely. In my opinion I don't think RDCT can be topped but we shall see.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast