Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Should Disney work out a deal with CBS to bring the Star Trek Experience to DCA?

The Star Trek Experience has closed in Las Vegas, and those rides will never be seen again.

Should Disney work out a deal with CBS (and Hilton Hotels) to repurpose those existing rides for a DCA attraction? Disney has a pre-existing contract with CBS over The Twilight Zone, so it wouldn't be out of the question. There's that unused corner of Hollywood Pictures Backlot over by the Hyperion where the restrooms are. They could put a Star Trek attraction there while using the two rides from Las Vegas.

• =)

Re: Should Disney work out a deal with CBS to bring the Star Trek Experience to DCA?

I'm afraid you're going to need to make a pretty strong case for why Star Trekis appropriate to Disney's California Adventure in order for me to say anything other than a firm "NO." (And I am a TOS fan, mind you.)

Re: Should Disney work out a deal with CBS to bring the Star Trek Experience to DCA?

Hey, I'd love to see it replace HISTA, Innoventions and StarCade over in Tomorrowland proper. Star Trek was always a positive, hopeful, and very inventive vision of the future - and isn't that was Tomorrowland was always supposed to be about?
    okerry

• Banned User

I think having Star Wars and Star Trek in the same resort would be kind of awkward. Just my opinion.

• Banned User

No.

this will have to do since there is no vomit smiley. I dont want star trek anywhere near anything Disney.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Only if it has Captain Picard in it, otherwise no.

"Make it so"

"Engage"

Star Trek: The Experience was an extraordinarily well executed attraction - of a higher quality than many Disney rides.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E_PWjqn_ik&feature=related]YouTube - Star Trek The Experience, Klingon Encounter[/ame]

It definitely deserves to live on...

Universal Studios Florida used to have a Star Trek attraction, so that seems the logical place for it.

I thought it closed at the hilton but re-opened on freemont street.

• Kingdom Comedian

It was SUPPOSED to have re-opened on Fremont St. next week (in time for the new movie) but someone has dropped the ball and there is no word on when/if it will re-open.

But bringing Star Trek the experience to Disneyland...WOW...that is a good idea! ...why didn't someone have this idea like a year ago? Oh wait...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOGbkHlyVw"]Someone did[/ame]

No!
    Paid Disneyland Poster

• Disney is home

I have to agree with most and say no.

This attraction was extremely well done and fit very well in Vegas as something you would experience once.

I was blown away the first time I went on it as I had no expectations and everything was a surprise. Went again on a later trip with some family and the 2nd time as not nearly as exciting an experience.

Theme park attractions really need a much higher level of 'replayability' than a Vegas attraction.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    this will have to do since there is no vomit smiley. I dont want star trek anywhere near anything Disney.
    I 100% agree with you on this there is no way I want Star Reck in the park I can't stand that dumbo show and movie plus you can't have the 2 arch enemies together will is Star Wars. I'm more of a Star Wars fan them I ever will be a Star Reck fan.

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I 100% agree with you on this there is no way I want Star Reck in the park I can't stand that dumbo show and movie plus you can't have the 2 arch enemies together will is Star Wars. I'm more of a Star Wars fan them I ever will be a Star Reck fan.
    You know what? I am DONE with this attitude. And I'm not picking on you...this is an attitude that I get from both sides. I will never understand why Star Wars and Star Trek fans can hate the other franchise. It's so stupid. One is not "cooler" or quantifiably "better" than the other. Star Trek helped pave the way for Star Wars and Star Wars' success made the rebirth of Star Trek possible. Both are great...both have a well deserved fan base.

So please...fans of the two biggest Sci franchises...stop fighting with each other. To the outside world, we're all just dorks playing with action figures watching some nonsense about "rocket ships and aliens." You don't see the Harry Potter fans picking a fight with the Lord of the Rings fans , do you? Let's all just get along and hang out in our mom's basements together.

...and I stand by everything I say in my video above. Star Trek would be a great addition to the Disneyland Resort.

...and boom goes the dynamite!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast