Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Breaking in her new jeans

Capacity alert - 05/03/09 - m&f parking full

Mike (aidensdaddy) just called me to let me let you all know that the Mickey and Friends structure is full to capacity. They have blocked it off. They are directing everyone to park past the DTD Lot, South of Paradise Pier Hotel.

• Closed Account

Re: Capacity alert - 05/03/09 - m&f parking full

Just the crowd to watch the Ducks win over at ESPN Zone.

• Breaking in her new jeans

He just called to let me know that Simba is closed as well..

He called Disney. They said the parks are not to capacity, it is for the Food and Wine festival.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Becka-Lynn View Post
    He just called to let me know that Simba is closed as well..

He called Disney. They said the parks are not to capacity, it is for the Food and Wine festival.
    Of course it is. Disney will say anything to drive people into the overflow park and away from the main park

I assume bats day too

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    I assume bats day too
    Bats Day is a more likely reason than Food & Wine Festival.

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Of course it is. Disney will say anything to drive people into the overflow park and away from the main park
    The Food & Wine Festival statement would only drive people away from DCA, not Disneyland.

• Minion

Hello all......

Ahhhh the joys of bluetooth and a wife who is also a micechat member.

I tried to go into the parks this afternoon with the sole purpose of seeing if there is any fastpasses available for my fav rides like Space and California Screamin. Before leaving, I confirmed the hours were 8am to 12 midnight for Dland, and 10am to 10pm for DCA. Which I thought was strange for DCA because they were only open till 9pm last night, and on a Saturday. Today's Sunday and they're open an hour later? What gives?! Oh well.

So I drive down Disneyland Drive crossing Ball Road to get to the M&F parking structure (and I should've noticed this before I crossed Ball and I could've avoided traffic) and the way to the entrance of the structure was coned off, directing people to the right, down Disneyland drive towards Downtown Disney and the Hotels. They had one of their Cal-Trans signs posted saying parking to the right, parking structure full.

This road was a complete bottleneck and a traffic jam. It is two lanes all the way down to Katella. I went down Magic Way and made my way back to Ball Road to go down Harbor. Eventually, I passed the entrance to the Simba lot, and they had that coned off, directing people to make a right on Katella. I didn't immediately turn here, but rather made a u-turn and went back north on Harbor. I called up guest relations, knowing full well they can't give me attendance numbers, but asking if they could tell me if they're at risk of reaching capacity today with possible closures. They said no, they weren't aware of any. I told them I'm trying to get in the parks but they're 2 main parking areas were closed. The guy said it was most likely due to the Food & Wine Festival at DCA. Might be a croc, because Saturday wasn't bad and I don't know why Sunday would be worse.

I turned around again and made my way to Katella. When I turned, the signs in the area were actually having people make a LEFT on West St, to take them south of the parks and near the convention center area. Why, is beyond me. Thinking I might be wrong about them having guests park at the Paradise Pier hotel lot, I still followed my instincts and turned right onto West/Disneyland Drive towards Downtown Disney. Sure enough, the long line of traffic taking up two lanes, was being directed into the PP Hotel lot. I was going to try another way in, but I gave up and came home. Figuring that most of the fastpasses would be gone by now.

Ahhh, the joys of being an annual passholder, living in Anaheim only 10 minutes away.

So as far as capacity goes, won't know unless one is actually in the parks and comes on here later. But if all 6 levels of the structure is filled (which IS a croc because there's always people leaving it) and the Simba lot is full too, then they must be pretty packed. Just not sure why this is happening on a Sunday.

But it makes you wonder what will happen in the next few years when they close the Simba lot to start working on the Cars Land in DCA. They will soley have to rely on the parking structure only to house the large amount of guests that come around all year. I think they should put another parking structure in place of the Pinocchio lot, have the bottom floor room enough for busses/RV's, and perhaps even have the monorail go to it along with the trams.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 05-03-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    The guy said it was most likely due to the Food & Wine Festival at DCA. Might be a croc, because Saturday wasn't bad and I don't know why Sunday would be worse.

But it makes you wonder what will happen in the next few years when they close the Simba lot to start working on the Cars Land in DCA. They will soley have to rely on the parking structure only to house the large amount of guests that come around all year. I think they should put another parking structure in place of the Pinocchio lot, have the bottom floor room enough for busses/RV's, and perhaps even have the monorail go to it along with the trams.
    Simba will not close for Carsland. Timon will close for that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TIS17 View Post
    Simba will not close for Carsland. Timon will close for that.
    Yeah I know I got my names crossed. I just got corrected on that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ducksman View Post
    And your point is?

Yes I have a pass as well, so no I'm not complaining. I can go anytime I want with the premium. The point of me having this thread posted, was to alert others that planned on coming to the park this evening, so that they would know what they could be up against.

Granted, right now, they may not even be directing to the Simba lot. They could've reopened the structure.

H. Just not sure why this is happening on a Sunday.
    The whole "Sunday is emptier" rule was thrown out the window when AP payment plans came into play. Only 30% of APs sold are Premium.

Sundays have been significantly more crowded this year than Saturdays, in my experience. Though I also notice the crowds thin out quicker in the evening on Sundays.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I fear a crazy insane summer... what with the birthday tickets, payment plans and now $99 three day parkhoppers...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    The whole "Sunday is emptier" rule was thrown out the window when AP payment plans came into play. Only 30% of APs sold are Premium.

Sundays have been significantly more crowded this year than Saturdays, in my experience. Though I also notice the crowds thin out quicker in the evening on Sundays.

and how is saturdays at the parks?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast