Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2009

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    not any more different than..

a futuristic monorail riding next to a Swiss mountain that's sitting next to an australian submarine lagoon where you can hear fishes talk.
    my sentiments exactly. Its not 100% possible... it's not even 20% probable but it works within the environment.

San Francisco The area that the Wharf is supposed to represent is inhabited by whites, Mexican/American and Chinese/American immigrants... its not that hard to believe that there would be a Mexican restaurant and a chinese next to each other within the area. Now would they be 60 feet away from each other and 200 feet from a farm field. Probably not but once again it works within the realm of a San Francisco community

as for the transition into Carsland... I don't think it'll be Farm to GIANT ROCKY RED hood ornaments! but Im an optimist, I think if they are able to make a BLVD from the current parade gate thats lined with small 1950's-60's styled roadside dinners/motels and the V-8 gas station there could easily be a new "forced Perspective" of the mountains expanding out over the current parking lot if the guest is standing on that side of the park without making it obvious/ruining the line of sight from other parts of the park. Like PP or the HPB
    Last edited by DznyFan17; 06-11-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: hjSppeliinub[g

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• Senior Minion

I think PW is meant to be more Monterey then SF, but the point about Cali's ethnic mix and heritage is a good one.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

The Bank article simply shows how they are making story to cover up techincal or physical things.

Now.. that is nothing new (see Stretching Room, Drops in POTC, etc) but here it's to the extreme because they are making stories to cover up not a gap that needs addressing, but rather their lack of thoroughness.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I am impressed....the Bank/Gallery battle has worked its way into the other Project Tracker!
    The Mur

• Non-whiner

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    I am impressed....the Bank/Gallery battle has worked its way into the other Project Tracker!
    I suspected as much when I saw that we had gained 3 pages in as many hours. Time to tune this one out until it gets back on track again.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think PW is meant to be more Monterey then SF, but the point about Cali's ethnic mix and heritage is a good one.
    But in the 1920's ethnicity's tended to not mix together.
    Last edited by Oswald the Rabbitt; 06-12-2009 at 05:35 AM.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    That sounds ridiculously silly and unnecessary to me. I understand that there's always been a joke in attractions to leave a reminder behind, but I don't think it's necessary when restaurants SWAP locations.

It's borderline idiotic in my opinion. And I know I know.. it's only eateries but this is basically the same kind of discussion as the Disneyland tracker is getting about the Bank being taken over by an art gallery.

Sounds like someone in WDI gets to make decisions... but it's not someone who's very creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post

so WDI is trying to say that Asians are lazy and can't properly set up shop?!?!?!

Asians pride themselves in their culture and would never let it be contradicted... I mean that would be like putting a P.F Changs in an old Bubba Gumps... or even a Taco Bell in an old McDonalds and leaving the archs up.
    Alright, before the pitchforks get brought out... let's also remember that the current restaraunt is themed as a halfway converted Cannery. Is this saying that Mexicans are lazy and can't properly set up shop? No. It's about creating history for the area and layering details. Check out Fly n' Buy and the restrooms in Condor Flats, check out the detailing and notice they are old converted hangars and such, the old signage still visible yet intentionally faded and half covered over. Same with the current Cocina Cucamunga. And no doubt the same for whatever takes it over.
    Last edited by Wally; 06-11-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: yeah, that needed some proofreading.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The Bank article simply shows how they are making story to cover up techincal or physical things.

Now.. that is nothing new (see Stretching Room, Drops in POTC, etc) but here it's to the extreme because they are making stories to cover up not a gap that needs addressing, but rather their lack of thoroughness.
    The Stretching Room and Pirates waterfalls are show elements that hide necessary utilitarian elements. We have to travel outside of the berm to get to the main show buildings for those attractions, but must we enter a leftover bank vault and pass old teller cages to experience the art in the gallery?

I would argue no.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Not this again!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I LOVE the new sign. It's so early 20th century to me. Reminds me of the signs I've seen on the roofs of buildings in Animal Kingdom and the American Waterfront section of TDS. Very nice realistic look.

• We Go On.

To SoCalFan, I agree. I think it makes the area more believable. It distracts from the "in a theme park" feeling.

To the gallery topic,

Isn't this conversation in the DL project tracker enough?

• Tech in Training

I definitely agree with WDITrent in that the Gallery discussion needs to stay on the Disneyland tracker. And this is definitely not the Disneyland Tracker.

I have to say, too, that I like the new sign a lot better. It definitely just seems more realistic as other people have said and it just provides more believability and less cheapness to California Adventure, which it definitely needs.

I like the new sign over the old one

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    It was really quite the harmless post, folks. A joke, nothing more, and it actually made a valid point about the state of Walt Disney Imagineering and how it is creatively approaching certain projects.
    I like jokes where I don't come off looking like a buffoon. It's hard enough as it is.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• AKA: Indyiluvu

From D23 Twilight Bark:
    News and Features | D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans

06.11.09 — Muy Sabroso!
    Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill opens June 19 in Disney's California Adventure Park as part of the resort's expansion.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?