Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 207095110117118119120121122123130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2009

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey1969 View Post
    Is the Carthay Circle going to eat the parade gate, and force the parades to go to HPB?

The parade gate in the sunshine plaza is suppose to be blocked off and partially turned into a garden area for the Carthay.

The parade route has been switching back and forth.

WDI and others DO NOT want the patrade going anywhere near the new BVS instead they want it going thru Carsland and then turning into Paradise Pier.

another smaller group wants it going thru HPB and the new BVS.

Some want to move the oaade building from where it is now (which would be fine with me since it would open up some space between CarsLand and Paradise Pier)

they will just have to figure it all out so they could ad dthe correct infrustructure along the final parade route.

I think they should just avoid the BVS area all together i see no reason why it needs to go thru that area.

I do see the reason why they would want that though. The crowds would help generate foot traffic for the new restaurant that will replace the engineer store area as well as foot traffic for the new retail locations.

the only problem I see is that they really need to have proper scheuling so that the parade does not interfer with the Hyperion theater crowds and whatever crowds are in the TOT courtyard.

I also do not want to see a parade coming anywhere near Tower courtyard and after the Carthay is built that might be the only access gate to backstage and possibly a new parade structure somewhere behind Carsland
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-24-2009 at 08:02 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Ah, but it's still in the top ten. Thus, a bona fide success.

Success is relative. As Disney had established itself as the preeminent theme park company, to have ANY of their parks fall below any of the competition is a significant blow.

Up until DCA, there was never a consideration that a Disney park was "bad". Unfortunately, DCA actually had people using the term "worst" in conjunction with a Disney park. Since then, it has been associated with new "worst" parks - HKDL and DSP.

Not a very good position to be in.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The parade gate in the sunshine plaza is suppose to be blocked off and partially turned into a garden area for the Carthay.

The parade route has been switching back and forth.

WDI and others DO NOT want the patrade going anywhere near the new BVS instead they want it going thru Carsland and then turning into Paradise Pier.

another smaller group wants it going thru HPB and the new BVS.

Some want to move the oaade building from where it is now (which would be fine with me since it would open up some space between CarsLand and Paradise Pier)

they will just have to figure it all out so they could add the correct infrustructure along the final parade route.

I think they should just avoid the BVS area all together i see no reason why it needs to go thru that area.

I do see the reason why they would want that though. The crowds would help generate foot traffic for the new restaurant that will replace the engineer store area as well as foot traffic for the new retail locations.

the only problem I see is that they really need to have proper scheuling so that the parade does not interfer with the Hyperion theater crowds and whatever crowds are in the TOT courtyard.

I also do not want to see a parade coming anywhere near Tower courtyard and after the Carthay is built that might be the only access gate to backstage and possibly a new parade structure somewhere behind Carsland

There is no way that any parade would be able to travel through the Hollywood portion of the park as the trolly catenary lines will prevent any floats of any height from moving through the space.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Is there even room enough for the trolleys in DCA's Hollywood backlot? It seems a little cramped over already especially towards the front entrance to the area...

Call me a modern/ruiner but I think it'd be cool to have an American Idol experience at Carthay...

I'm a singer, so don't judge

If they go the American Idol route, they should put it in the old Who Wants to be a Millionaire building...

• Go DCA, Go! :D

I think that's a great idea!
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• Fleeting Inspiration

In hopes of burying this small surge of support for an American idol attraction at DCA (preferably into oblivion), here are some thoughts on WoC. I've noticed that, unlike most WET designed shows, which feature fountains predominantly arranged in just arcs and circles, a majority of the fountains on the platform seem to form a large grid, with just a few discernible arcs and circles. I think this is a very smart approach, as it may give DCA's setup a higher degree of versatility that I personally feel previous WET shows lack. Here's an example of a non-WET show that uses a (much smaller) grid to very nice effect. It's also one of the few modern fountain shows I've seen to make great use of LED lighting and the type of color I think we're expecting from WoC.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULkvmq22Msg&hd=1"]YouTube - The Show at The Pier, Atlantic City 2007[/ame]

I also hope the show makes good use of lasers, in a fashion similar or better to this (I posted this on another, now buried, thread, but it got no response):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szmEDH0nfgo"]YouTube - TIVOLI LASER SHOW[/ame]

The really nice thing about the Tivoli show, which I got to see in person, was that when the lasers met the fountains, it created a sparkling, jewel like effect that sadly can't be really seen in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    There is no way that any parade would be able to travel through the Hollywood portion of the park as the trolly catenary lines will prevent any floats of any height from moving through the space.
    yes i realize that, although at one point that was considered. Another reason they considered it was because once CarsLand gets going with its construction the HPB route might have been the only way to still keep a parade running.

Interesting thing was that they even considered running a parde thru Condor flats and grizzly.
    Not only would that have required floats to be small enough to fit but also some investment to make some areas of the pathway wider for something that would be temporary.

That is why i mentioned that they have been several considerations and debate on what the final parade route would be. At one point even the red line was in trouble because of what you mentioned if TDA decided they wanted the parade to go through the HPB area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    Is there even room enough for the trolleys in DCA's Hollywood backlot? It seems a little cramped over already especially towards the front entrance to the area...
    yes there is plenty of room, don't be to surprised to see the archway altered.

Quote Originally Posted by DisDancerina View Post
    Call me a modern/ruiner but I think it'd be cool to have an American Idol experience at Carthay...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    If they go the American Idol route, they should put it in the old Who Wants to be a Millionaire building...
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey1969 View Post
    I think that's a great idea!

oh please no American idol attraction in DCA. The WWTBAM attraction had a short life in DCA because not only did it open to late in the game but was also an attraction that eventually became an AP hangout.

The Hollywood area needs more attractions that are not limited with short time schedules. Right now as soon as the last playhouse Disney show and the last Alladin show is over the area becomes a ghost town except for the TOT courtyard

True, more attractions & rides are needed in that area... the only we reason we ever go to the Hollywood backlot is to go on Monsters Inc...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DisDancerina View Post

If this is American Idol... isn't it part of the deal to be judged?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

if there ever is a phase II expansion/renovation for DCA, i would luv it if they completely re did the hyperion theater and made it as grandiose, detailed, and nicely themed as the theater building in tokyo disney sea. it obviously wouldnt b in the same architectural style, but im saying just in the same level of detail and such. i think it would bring a lot of character, theming and atmosphere to the rumored hollywoodland re theme (if there ever is a phase II expansion). Baloo, do u know if they decide to do a phase II for DCA if they will completely redo the hyperion theater?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DlandresortCalifan View Post
    if there ever is a phase II expansion/renovation for DCA, i would luv it if they completely re did the hyperion theater and made it as grandiose, detailed, and nicely themed as the theater building in tokyo disney sea. it obviously wouldnt b in the same architectural style, but im saying just in the same level of detail and such. i think it would bring a lot of character, theming and atmosphere to the rumored hollywoodland re theme (if there ever is a phase II expansion). Baloo, do u know if they decide to do a phase II for DCA if they will completely redo the hyperion theater?

There was a split second clip in the Blue Sky Cellar video that reveals a possible redo of the Hyperion Theater. It looks rather stunning. Whether they're sticking to that or not is still up in the air. They got quite a few years before even Phase 1 is complete.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html