Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2474114121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2009

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V

I know, it looks so promising so far. I cannot wait for BVS. =D
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey1969 View Post
    I know, it looks so promising so far. I cannot wait for BVS. =D
    From the sound of it, Disney could put walls around Sunshine Plaza for a year, paint the lampposts a different color, reopen it as Buena Vista Street, and you would be thrilled.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    These are all reasons why I am loving the DCA project. Hopefully DCA becomes as detailed and themed as DisneySea, but with a better appeal.
    Mickey's Fun Wheel and the cut budgets for King Triton's Carousel and California Screamin', among other things, have ensured that DCA will still be incomparable to DisneySea, if there was ever a chance of that to begin with.

In any case, I really should get in the business of selling rose-colored glasses. They seem to be quite in vogue these days.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Mickey's Fun Wheel and the cut budgets for King Triton's Carousel and California Screamin', among other things, have ensured that DCA will still be incomparable to DisneySea, if there was ever a chance of that to begin with.

In any case, I really should get in the business of selling rose-colored glasses. They seem to be quite in vogue these days.
    The MFW, CS, and KTC projects will probably be revived when some loose change becomes, well, looser. We're not trying to make DCA a nice park, it is a nice park. It just needs some more TLC.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

-Mickey's Fun Wheel:very bright and clean looking, and appealing to families. Beautiful lighting. Sad about the pit still being there, but it might come when the economic reccesion ends (Phase 2).

-King Trition's Carousel: cleaner looking, nice nighttime lights, also another victim of the economy.
    You imply that these were budget cuts to save money. I was under the impression that the money was reallocated to the bigger projects, i.e. Carsland and Mermaid. If this is so, this wouldn't be a cut or economy related.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The MFW, CS, and KTC projects will probably be revived when some loose change becomes, well, looser. We're not trying to make DCA a nice park, it is a nice park. It just needs some more TLC.
    Ah, yes. And I'm still waiting on Phase 2 of Pirate's Lair, the Downtown Disney expansion, Star Tours 2, the return of the Rocket Rods, Frontierland expansion, and loads of other things.

Don't hold your breath. You could suffocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    You imply that these were budget cuts to save money. I was under the impression that the money was reallocated to the bigger projects, i.e. Carsland and Mermaid. If this is so, this wouldn't be a cut or economy related.
    All reports would support your understanding of the budgets. DCA's makeover budget hasn't been cut due to economic pressures, it's just been moved around to different areas of the overall project.

| | |

Beat me to it MG

"You imply that these were budget cuts to save money. I was under the impression that the money was reallocated to the bigger projects, i.e. Carsland and Mermaid."-I never said it was being saved. You're right it is going to Mermaid and Carsland.

"If this is so, this wouldn't be a cut or economy related."-Yes it is, because if you spent money on the MFW queue or KTC and you go overbudget, it takes away money from Mermaid or Carsland. There is a good chance that at least MFW will get the covered queue in Phase 2.

"Ah, yes. And I'm still waiting on Phase 2 of Pirate's Lair, the Downtown Disney expansion, Star Tours 2, the return of the Rocket Rods, Frontierland expansion, and loads of other things. Don't hold your breath. You could suffocate."

-Pirates Lair is an overlay and doesn't really need a Phase 2, I assume DTD doesn't have room for expansion. However it needs to be filled in if that's what you mean. A PM replacement is likely in the works but is likely not in the budget due to the DCA project. Star Tours 2 is in the works as I recall due to filming and Tokyo (or was it Paris?) getting a version of it soon.
    Last edited by MasterGracey1969; 06-25-2009 at 07:40 PM.
    -jfsebastian

World of Color Question

Will there be any floating elements or cast members in the World of Color show like Fantasmic or is it all water, lights, projected images and pyrotecnics?

^It will probably be the latter, which is very exciting.
    -jfsebastian

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    ^ More like spelling crisis. Ouch.
    WOW HAHAHA Definitly Should have noticed that before I made that and Official Entry..EMbarassing

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Beat me to it MG

"You imply that these were budget cuts to save money. I was under the impression that the money was reallocated to the bigger projects, i.e. Carsland and Mermaid."-I never said it was being saved. You're right it is going to Mermaid and Carsland.

"If this is so, this wouldn't be a cut or economy related."-Yes it is, because if you spent money on the MFW queue or KTC and you go overbudget, it takes away money from Mermaid or Carsland. There is a good chance that at least MFW will get the covered queue in Phase 2.

"Ah, yes. And I'm still waiting on Phase 2 of Pirate's Lair, the Downtown Disney expansion, Star Tours 2, the return of the Rocket Rods, Frontierland expansion, and loads of other things. Don't hold your breath. You could suffocate."

-Pirates Lair is an overlay and doesn't really need a Phase 2, I assume DTD doesn't have room for expansion. However it needs to be filled in if that's what you mean. A PM replacement is likely in the works but is likely not in the budget due to the DCA project. Star Tours 2 is in the works as I recall due to filming and Tokyo (or was it Paris?) getting a version of it soon.
    Wrong.

Economy-related budget cuts implies that the economic downturn resulted DCA's $1 billion budget being reduced. That didn't happen. The budget is still $1 billion. But individual budgets for various projects, derived from the overall $1 billion budget, have been moved around for projects WDI has deemed to be more important.

Pirate's Lair is, for all intents and purposes, a permanent re-Imagining of Tom Sawyer Island. A second phase for the Island was, reportedly, in the works, but apparently abandoned.

Downtown Disney has room to expand, and a Phase 2 for the shopping district has been discussed on these boards many times, it just has never gotten the green light from TDA.

Rocket Rods closed in, what, 1999 and had a sign posted for months proclaiming a return with enhancements in 2000. Never happened. The sign eventually disappeared and the Rocket Rods queue became Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. People Mover has still not been officially announced, despite long-standing rumors that a revival is in the works.

Similar to the People Mover, Star Tours 2 has not been officially announced, and there have been many hints that the attraction would be overhauled for many years. It goes without saying, but we're still waiting.

| | |

Well, maybe not boring, but not very attractive to me. I don't like the MK for the same reason, it's not intimate enough. I would like to see PP continue to be intimate, and for it to never be this:
    HAHA. Hilarious! I love reading posts like this from people who have never been.

Hopefully DCA becomes as detailed and themed as DisneySea, but with a better appeal.
    Oh, my......

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    From the sound of it, Disney could put walls around Sunshine Plaza for a year, paint the lampposts a different color, reopen it as Buena Vista Street, and you would be thrilled.
    Yeah sadly I would...JK, JK
    Last edited by MasterGracey1969; 06-25-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    -jfsebastian

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Yeah sadly I would.
    Case closed.

| | |

Clearly you didn't understand the LOL emoticon as sarcasm.
    Truce.
    Last edited by MasterGracey1969; 06-25-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    -jfsebastian